• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Why won't they leave?

TheGreatBrain

Bells
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
I've been playing for over three years. I know the tricks to geting villagers out, but since the update, things have changed.

Villagers just won't move anymore. They say they are moving. I say goodebye. I carefully read their dialog to make sure they haven't changed their mind. Everythings good. They'll be be out on such and such date. But nope. Movng day arrives, and they are not moving. This keeps happening over and over.

I'm feeling frustrated. Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Huh, that's really bizarre... Sorry I don't have any answers for you, I hope you can get it figured out.

this happened to me only once with lopez. moving day arrived however he wasn't in boxes and i was sure of it. i did tt a lot so that probably messed it up. however since none of your villagers move that's really strange, if you can buy amiibo cards, force villagers to move out that's the only solution i can think of, hopefully that works

this happened to me only once with lopez. moving day arrived however he wasn't in boxes and i was sure of it. i did tt a lot so that probably messed it up. however since none of your villagers move that's really strange, if you can buy amiibo cards, force villagers to move out that's the only solution i can think of, hopefully that works

I finally got so annoyed that Croque wouldn't move ( even though he said he would 3 imes.lol. ) that I finally scanned an amiibo, and forced him out. My only problem with amiibo's is that they seem to always plot in the same space of the forced out villager. Do they always do that, or am I just unlucky? I do have a few cards, but no one that I really want, and I would rather they not plot in the same place. Thanks so much for your help. :)

Last edited:
My only problem with amiibo's is that they seem to always plot in the same space of the forced out villager. Do they always do that, or am I just unlucky? I do have a few cards, but no one that I really want, and I would rather they not plot in the same place. Thanks so much for your help. :)

no problem! they don't always go in the same spot, but they have to me a lot. i think you can plot reset though incase they do but i'm no expert on that.

Last edited:
I finally got so annoyed that Croque wouldn't move ( even though he said he would 3 imes.lol. ) that I finally scanned an amiibo, and forced him out. My only problem with amiibo's is that they seem to always plot in the same space of the forced out villager. Do they always do that, or am I just unlucky? I do have a few cards, but no one that I really want, and I would rather they not plot in the same place. Thanks so much for your help. :)

Sometimes they do seem to strongly prefer the old spot (or a spot one column/row away), but other times they just go somewhere random. If you plot reset, though, you can eventually get them where you want them to go in either case.

This happened to me like two times. Once before these two updates and this second time happened after the second amiibo update. Monique was moving, and after installing the update that day came and she didn't move, she didn't even mention it anymore. But I don't think it was because of the update. If I recall she was moving on the 24th of November (I went back in time in late December because I was playing Pok?mon before that), but on that day there was also the Harvest Festival and Shep's birthday going on, so the game probably cancelled her move because she was needed at one of those two events.

Paula left after that so it does seem to have been another isolated case. I hope it sorts itself out for you.

Is he in your void? There's no way to catch him as a 10th villager, is there?

Oh, I'm sorry. I did void him. I voided Kabuki last. You are welcome to come over and try to get one or the other from my void. 1134-7829-3310. Mayor Anne from Gables. Let me know if you're interested.

- - - Post Merge - - -

This happened to me like two times. Once before these two updates and this second time happened after the second amiibo update. Monique was moving, and after installing the update that day came and she didn't move, she didn't even mention it anymore. But I don't think it was because of the update. If I recall she was moving on the 24th of November (I went back in time in late December because I was playing Pok?mon before that), but on that day there was also the Harvest Festival and Shep's birthday going on, so the game probably cancelled her move because she was needed at one of those two events.

Paula left after that so it does seem to have been another isolated case. I hope it sorts itself out for you.

Well, I now have Antonio leaving on the 17th . I hope he actually leaves. Thanks for the reply. Everyone has been very helpful.

Oh, I'm sorry. I did void him. I voided Kabuki last. You are welcome to come over and try to get one or the other from my void. 1134-7829-3310. Mayor Anne from Gables. Let me know if you're interested.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Well, I now have Antonio leaving on the 17th . I hope he actually leaves. Thanks for the reply. Everyone has been very helpful.

If Kabuki was last to be voided, that would make Punchy uncatchable? It's my tenth villager slot, I'm not sure how or if it would work the same as inviting them?

Probably not. I'm guessing you would pick up Kabuki from my void. Sorry about that. I should have tried giving him away before voiding him.

Back