• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Why is Trump a candidate?

After the election, people will write entire books about it because it's a complex combination of things which led to this man being able to win the nomination of one of America's two political parties. It is interesting that so many people don't care about controversial things Trump says and so many people don't care about controversial things Hillary Clinton does. People seem to only think about what they like about candidates and don't think about all the reasons not to like them.

Last edited:
he has money and he appeals to many racist and sexist bigots

I honestly believe Obama's actions lead to Trump winning the Republican nomination. Those who are sick of the corruption done by the Obama Administration (as well as Congress) would vote for Trump.

No, I don't like Trump, but I would rather have him than Obama at anytime.

I honestly believe Obama's actions lead to Trump winning the Republican nomination. Those who are sick of the corruption done by the Obama Administration (as well as Congress) would vote for Trump.

No, I don't like Trump, but I would rather have him than Obama at anytime.

Republicans had 17 candidates all of who bashed Obama at every possible opportunity. They did not have to collectively lose their minds and pick Trump to get someone different than Obama. The reason why Republicans got Trump is because instead of critiquing Obama's policy ideas and offering up alternative ideas, they repeatedly questioned his U.S. citizenship, his religion, his loyalty to the U.S., and they made his race an issue. Trump spews many of these same conspiracy theories that Republicans have been fed for the last 8 years, so it's no wonder he won the nomination. To put things in perspective, Democrats hated Bush after his 8 years in office, but that didn't cause them to pick a total ass clown as their nominee.

Last edited:
I dream its all an act and he reveals he isnt racist or anything he just did this to bring all the racist people out of hiding

Republicans had 17 candidates all of who bashed Obama at every possible opportunity. They did not have to collectively lose their minds and pick Trump to get someone different than Obama. The reason why Republicans got Trump is because instead of critiquing Obama's policy ideas and offering up alternative ideas, they repeatedly questioned his U.S. citizenship, his religion, his loyalty to the U.S., and they made his race an issue. Trump spews many of these same conspiracy theories that Republicans have been fed for the last 8 years, so it's no wonder he won the nomination. To put things in perspective, Democrats hated Bush after his 8 years in office, but that didn't cause them to pick a total ass clown as their nominee.

That last part you said is exactly what I believed about Obama. No, he wasn't like this back in 2008. He has become this kind of person because of the actions he has done in the past seven years. What's even worse is that even after all of these acts of corruption, many people viewed him positively. They just didn't care about his corruption when he was very corrupt.

Last edited:
Everything in this world comes down to dollars and cents.

That last part you said is exactly what I believed about Obama. No, he wasn't like this back in 2008. He has become this kind of person because of the actions he has done in the past seven years. What's even worse is that even after all of these acts of corruption, many people viewed him positively. They just didn't care about his corruption when he was very corrupt.

Care to name a few of those acts of corruption?

Care to name a few of those acts of corruption?

Betrayal of Israel
The DREAM Act (and how he implemented it)
The IRS and NSA scandals
Violated states rights to implement Obamacare federally (as well as a few other policies like allowing people of one sex using the opposite sex restrooms in schools).
The Prison Swap of 2014

Passing laws that aren't compatible with the Bill of Rights is natural, but to throw out the constitution just to pass the laws or executive actions is clearly wrong.

Because he ran for president and was voted to be the Republican Nominee, sadly.

Betrayal of Israel
The DREAM Act (and how he implemented it)
The IRS and NSA scandals
Violated states rights to implement Obamacare federally (as well as a few other policies like allowing people of one sex using the opposite sex restrooms in schools).
The Prison Swap of 2014

Passing laws that aren't compatible with the Bill of Rights is natural, but to throw out the constitution just to pass the laws or executive actions is clearly wrong.

I don't know how he betrayed Isreal, but if he did somehow there's nothing corrupt or illegal about it. The president can choose which countries are considered our allies and which are not.

The DREAM Act isn't a law currently. If you're talking about DACA, I don't see anything in the Constitution that requires the president to round up and deport undocumented immigrants. As long as they don't cause trouble, I don't see the big deal.

I'll give you the IRS one even though there is no evidence currently that Obama was directly involved. The NSA thing isn't a scandal; it's part of the Patriot Act passed by Bush and Republicans have not tried to overturn it.

Obamacare has already been litigated several times in the Supreme Court and has been ruled constitutional. The bathroom thing has been decided on the state level so far. If anything, Republicans on the state level are violating the Constitution by denying people equal protection of the law based on their gender.

The prisoner swap may have been a bad idea, but I don't think there was anything illegal about it.

So there may have been one instance where the executive branch violated the constitution, but even then it was likely a rogue employee of the IRS rather than an order from Obama.

Last edited:
Examples of disregarding the constitution?

1. The DREAM Act did not pass in the Senate. However, Obama forcibly put the law in effect, thus violating the separation of powers.

2. The whole bathroom debate is one of the issues that should be dealt with the state and not taken to a federal level. Since picking sides to the bathroom debate (which includes locker rooms and showers) doesn't violate the first nine amendments, it should be a state thing. However, Obama failed to respect that and forced all 50 states to side with him on the bathroom debate for grade schools. It's not even a civil right.

I'll be okay if you support any of his leftist policies, but I'm only outraged that a slim majority supported his policies. If you're in office of any branch or any agency (including the EPA and lower courts), you have to stick to the constitution. That's how the American government goes.

2. The whole bathroom debate is one of the issues that should be dealt with the state and not taken to a federal level.

honestly, no

this is such a "basic human rights" issue, that having it vary on a state-by-state basis, especially when passing or not would be purely based on how overly transphobic or not that state is, is complete ****ing bull****

I don't know how he betrayed Isreal, but if he did somehow there's nothing corrupt or illegal about it. The president can choose which countries are considered our allies and which are not.

The DREAM Act isn't a law currently. If you're talking about DACA, I don't see anything in the Constitution that requires the president to round up and deport undocumented immigrants. As long as they don't cause trouble, I don't see the big deal.

I'll give the the IRS one even though there is no evidence currently that Obama was directly involved. The NSA thing isn't a scandal; it's part of the Patriot Act passed by Bush and Republicans have not tried to overturn it.

Obamacare has already been litigated several times in the Supreme Court and has been ruled constitutional. The bathroom thing has been decided on the state level so far. If anything, Republicans on the state level are violating the Constitution by denying people equal protection of the law based on their gender.

The prisoner swap may have been a bad idea, but I don't there was anything illegal about it.

So there may have been one instance where the executive branch violated the constitution, but even then it was likely a rogue employee of the IRS rather than an order from Obama.

There's a lot to argue with on, so I'll try to post as simple as possible. Keep in mind that only some of these points are related to the constitution.

The alliance with Israel has nothing to do with the constitution. However, he refused to turn down the Iran nuclear deal, which is a threat to Israel.

There is nothing in the constitution that requires deporting undocumented immigrants and you are right about it. However, it's bad for America to actually let people in illegally and allowing them get citizen rights through descendants. Especially if it's for welfare.

For the NSA Part, Obama's NSA spied on Americans. Bush's NSA spied on foreign terror groups. But the NSA was created during the McCarthyist Era.

I may disagree with Obamacare and the Transgender Rights to use opposite sex restrooms (personally, I think restrooms and locker rooms should seperated based on biological sex rather than gender identity), but what I'm complaining about is that he wanted to force all 50 states to implement them. He didn't respect states' rights on that.

The prisoner swap may not be related to the constitution, but those people he released were somehow linked to the 9/11 attack in some way. And he's setting them free to let a traitor return back to America.

Let's see how bad Trump is compared to Obama if he takes office.

Back