• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What is Animal Crossing to you?

nnsfa

AC:CF Fan
Bells
Red Pansy
Tasty Cake
What makes you want to play Animal Crossing, and what's your goal?

- - - Post Merge - - -

I've never really thought about it myself. I guess it's just a fun game to relax to.

I just wanna play because it distracts me from the problems that I face in the real world. My goal is to create a town that I am actually happy with :)

Octavia's map.jpg

I hate my map though :(

Last edited:
I play animal crossing just to kill time and catch all of the bugs and fishies.

My goal is... nothing. Just to relax.

It's my relaxing game. I usually do nothing, so it's therapeutic for me. It's just my getaway.

I don't know really, it's just another game to me, but it's fun and relaxing. I don't really have any particular goals

Last edited:
I find landscaping in ac extremely therapeutic, so it's become an obsession. It gets frustration when out of ideas but still.

It's like a 2nd life to me, and I don't have any goals but I'd like to make my town appealing. c:

Last edited:
I have no goals but its so nice and relaxing sort of my calm from the storm in my life

to me, animal crossing both satisfies nostalgia and serves as a reality escape or just something to do in my free time.

mm Animal Crossing has a lot of childhood nostalgia for me
I find that it's a good game for relaxing

Animal Crossing is a really relaxing and fun game. I play it to have fun and escape from the real world! :D

I just wanna play because it distracts me from the problems that I face in the real world. My goal is to create a town that I am actually happy with :)

View attachment 176313

I hate my map though :(

OMG We have the exact same map!!!!

On topic: I played animal crossing since I was 8... so I guess it just became a part of my life lol

I use it to escape reality and get away, It's also incredibly nostalgic. I feel at piece when I play it and I often use it to cope with my depression.

I ended up typing up about a page of rambling, so I'll just try to sum it up! There's a lot of nostalgia, it's a whole town that I can make my own, I have tons of wonderful animal friends, friend move forward with their lives but aren't forgotten, fishing is a great way to practice my breathing exercises, it calms my anxiety, lets me be in control of my surroundings (to a degree), and I just... really love it.

That's really barely scratching the surface! This game means a lot to me for many reasons. On top of everything else, I think Nintendo did a wonderful job with creating Isabelle, she's really quite a comforting mascot! The game and these wonderful little characters are just so calming and really help me deal with things like anxiety. Heck, I probably wouldn't even be on forums anymore if not for this game! :blush:

Last edited:
Back