What is Animal Crossing to you?

nnsfa

AC:CF Fan
Bells
Red Pansy
Tasty Cake
What makes you want to play Animal Crossing, and what's your goal?

- - - Post Merge - - -

I've never really thought about it myself. I guess it's just a fun game to relax to.

I just wanna play because it distracts me from the problems that I face in the real world. My goal is to create a town that I am actually happy with :)

Octavia's map.jpg

I hate my map though :(

Last edited:
I play animal crossing just to kill time and catch all of the bugs and fishies.

My goal is... nothing. Just to relax.

It's my relaxing game. I usually do nothing, so it's therapeutic for me. It's just my getaway.

I don't know really, it's just another game to me, but it's fun and relaxing. I don't really have any particular goals

Last edited:
I find landscaping in ac extremely therapeutic, so it's become an obsession. It gets frustration when out of ideas but still.

It's like a 2nd life to me, and I don't have any goals but I'd like to make my town appealing. c:

Last edited:
I have no goals but its so nice and relaxing sort of my calm from the storm in my life

to me, animal crossing both satisfies nostalgia and serves as a reality escape or just something to do in my free time.

mm Animal Crossing has a lot of childhood nostalgia for me
I find that it's a good game for relaxing

Animal Crossing is a really relaxing and fun game. I play it to have fun and escape from the real world! :D

I just wanna play because it distracts me from the problems that I face in the real world. My goal is to create a town that I am actually happy with :)

View attachment 176313

I hate my map though :(

OMG We have the exact same map!!!!

On topic: I played animal crossing since I was 8... so I guess it just became a part of my life lol

I use it to escape reality and get away, It's also incredibly nostalgic. I feel at piece when I play it and I often use it to cope with my depression.

I ended up typing up about a page of rambling, so I'll just try to sum it up! There's a lot of nostalgia, it's a whole town that I can make my own, I have tons of wonderful animal friends, friend move forward with their lives but aren't forgotten, fishing is a great way to practice my breathing exercises, it calms my anxiety, lets me be in control of my surroundings (to a degree), and I just... really love it.

That's really barely scratching the surface! This game means a lot to me for many reasons. On top of everything else, I think Nintendo did a wonderful job with creating Isabelle, she's really quite a comforting mascot! The game and these wonderful little characters are just so calming and really help me deal with things like anxiety. Heck, I probably wouldn't even be on forums anymore if not for this game! :blush:

Last edited:
Back