• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Sexualization in videogames

Well I don't mind it mainly because I'm a flaming bisexual but when female video game characters are overly sexualized it can set false body standards to creepy dudes but also reduce the amount of respect men have for women. Some of it's plain ridiculous, like wearing skimpy armour that barely covers those anime tiddies in combat. Like ***** u boutta die, it's quite impractical. It's like going into the Arctic in your underwear.

but who doesn't like ******* tbh?

Do it with female AND male characters if you're going to do it. Otherwise, don't bother doing it at all.

If it's not a sexy game, it doesn't need sexy characters.

Never played Smash, but I think Samus has been sexualised, even if the character is just curvy by design.

main.png

To be fair though, anyone is going to look hot in tight clothing if you're attracted to their gender. Just saying.
Here is the male counterpart:
classic_render_captain_falcon.png

Go crazy.

But in all honesty, I don't really mind. I care more about playing the game itself rather than how the characters look.

I don't really care honestly. It's not that common enough for it to be a problem anyways. The only games I can really recall I've played with sexualization are Dead or Alive 5: Last Round, Soul Calibur 5 (barely)... and uh... yeah that's really it. I've played a **** ton of stuff and that's all that really comes to mind.

Last edited:
Here is the male counterpart:
classic_render_captain_falcon.png

Go crazy.

But in all honesty, I don't really mind. I care more about playing the game itself rather than how the characters look.

hot hot hot

Wow, men are SO sexualized in today's society. Can we NOT? Men. Are. Not. Objects. *feminist pterodactyl screech*

- - - Post Merge - - -

Problem is with video games is that, to appeal to a male gaming audience, you need to go big with the tiddies or go home. Where there's been 'normal' and standard female protagonists, the majority of the fanbase has been women.

Back