• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Overwatch General Thread

Pharah doesn't need to headshot when her non-headshot is not only aoe, but almost double his headshot damage atm.

AoE only does 30~ damage to people nearby. You can't direct hit multiple people. McCree can do 140 headshot without drop off in both versions of the game. Which is higher than Pharah's direct. Additionally, a headshot to Fan the Hammer (or right click) is a much faster kill on a 200 hp hero than anything Pharah can do, not even including a flashbang.

AoE only does 30~ damage to people nearby. You can't direct hit multiple people. McCree can do 140 headshot without drop off in both versions of the game. Which is higher than Pharah's direct. Additionally, a headshot to Fan the Hammer (or right click) is a much faster kill on a 200 hp hero than anything Pharah can do, not even including a flashbang.

Actually he does have dropoff. Anything past close range and he loses half of his damage. His buff is removing the dropoff.

Actually he does have dropoff. Anything past close range and he loses half of his damage. His buff is removing the dropoff.

Did you read what I said or..? I know what the buff is and that it increases his range, similarly to 76's. That's why I said, "WITHOUT DROP OFF" That doesn't change the fact that McCree can do 140 damage on headshots. Which is important even in the live game because you can stun, headshot, and body shot.

QNJebd9.jpg

The Siberian front skin is probably the best of Zarya's skins though

yeah, arctic/siberian front aren't the most spectacular legendary skins, but it ain't like she has much options.

Did you read what I said or..? I know what the buff is and that it increases his range, similarly to 76's. That's why I said, "WITHOUT DROP OFF" That doesn't change the fact that McCree can do 140 damage on headshots. Which is important even in the live game because you can stun, headshot, and body shot.

Ah yeah my bad I did misread.

That's still not much. Yeah, he can stun, and unless you're reaper or someone tankier he likely won't kill you for it - but keeping him as a close range assassin is... kind of bad imo. Reaper does the same job but better. The only thing McCree brings differently to the table is he can flashbang Genji and Tracer.

Besides, 140 isn't much for a headshot relatively speaking. It doesn't instant kill any hero in the game and unless the person is standing still, you likely won't be getting them from far range much.

McCree is just not in a good place right now. He's not doing the job he needs to be and he's not countering the heroes who he's supposed to. (Pharah mostly). Where I am in competitive mode, you flat out get mocked for picking him because he doesn't do anything.

Last edited:
Ah yeah my bad I did misread.

That's still not much. Yeah, he can stun, and unless you're reaper or someone tankier he likely won't kill you for it - but keeping him as a close range assassin is... kind of bad imo. Reaper does the same job but better. The only thing McCree brings differently to the table is he can flashbang Genji and Tracer.

Besides, 140 isn't much for a headshot relatively speaking. It doesn't instant kill any hero in the game and unless the person is standing still, you likely won't be getting them from far range much.

McCree is just not in a good place right now. He's not doing the job he needs to be and he's not countering the heroes who he's supposed to. (Pharah mostly). Where I am in competitive mode, you flat out get mocked for picking him because he doesn't do anything.

He was never meant to kill tanks. Genj, 76, and Tracer can't do nearly as much as Reaper who does 140 if he hits every pellet and is meant to be a tank killer. Excluding headshot damage from Reaper, Roadhog and Snipers, MCree has the highest headshot damage at 150, tied with Mei. Which can one shot a Tracer. That's really good. After this buff, he can do it anywhere and a Tracer can't do anything about it except zigzag there way from spawn hoping to learn the Matrix on the way there.

I do agree that McCree in the live game is too weak but I also think he's too good in the PTR, he just needs a happy balance in between.

(I also thought McCree did 70 per bullet and 140 for headshots but I was wrong, http://overwatch.guide/heroes/mccree/ )

So during my competitive climb for ranking, I've been learning Mercy. I think out of the 5 matches I've played, 4 was me as Mercy.

So during my competitive climb for ranking, I've been learning Mercy. I think out of the 5 matches I've played, 4 was me as Mercy.

Same, I've been doing the same with Lucio and honestly it makes me mad 'cause I dont want to support but no one else will.. D=

Same, I've been doing the same with Lucio and honestly it makes me mad 'cause I dont want to support but no one else will.. D=

This is exactly why I was playing Mercy. I think I started off with Lucio in one, but it wasn't really working out because people wouldn't push the point.

Got back to Overwatch and I'm learning Soldier 76, pretty fun tbh, I'm just forgetting that I have a self healing ability these first few matches and I'm dying when I probably shouldn't be... Rockets and Sprinting I'm making use of and I love having range on my gun.

Also I'm ready for the Dva and Zenyatta buffs, been wanting to learn those heroes for awhile now.

i had this highlight where i killed an ulting reaper and then revived the three people he killed. i was pretty proud of it until the potg turned out to be bastion shooting a couple guys and then having his reaper buddy finish off the last one.

i had this highlight where i killed an ulting reaper and then revived the three people he killed. i was pretty proud of it until the potg turned out to be bastion shooting a couple guys and then having his reaper buddy finish off the last one.

I was playing with Azza earlier and the POTG in 1 match was the other team's Mercy doing a 2 person rez near the beginning of the game.
I made 2 3 person rezes near the end of the game and I'm almost certain we would've lost if I didn't use it then.

ty OW for understanding what a Play of the Game is not

Practicing Widow as usual while also checking out other heroes like Genji, D va and McCree. Totally stoked for Ana, hopefully Widiw gets buffed in the new patch too. It's hard aiming for headshots on PS4 ugh.

Back