Winter Mittens
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Orange (Fruit)
Pear (Fruit)
Cake
Feedback
96.6% (27) +
To enter, I just need feedback on a book I'm writing :) YOU CAN ONLY ENTER ONCE UNLESS YOU STAR IT ON WATTPAD

Put a number on your entry, don't worry if you do a 1 lol you could still win!
This is only my first chapter btw :) Please feel free to star it on wattpad if you want to keep on reading it. I'll have 2 more chapters by tomorrow.

BE HONEST. No remark will hurt me, feedback from you will actually help me in my writing. Don't hesitate :) Thanks!

☆ ╳ ☆
10 - Perfect!
9 - Great!
8 - Almost good!
6 - Almost there.
7 - Could use some help.
5 - Okay.
4 - Cheesy.
3 - Basic.

2 - Boring.
1 - Lame/unoriginal

☆ ╳ ☆

Please add additonal comments about it if you can. I just really need some feedback on this.

gundam
quietly-stuttered
HMCaprica
HMCaprica
PrincessKelly
Nightmares
painchri589
Sej
Iggy Koopa
andyp08
Wishii
Vitsy97
Venice
sizzi
Crash
Mariah
superstar2361
ended 9:37 am forum time

Last edited:
8, pretty good I like stories about school experiences, for writing I think its important to have a captivating first paragraph, since it sets the tone for the rest of the story. You should spend as much time on the first paragraph as you do on the entire body.

8, pretty good I like stories about school experiences, for writing I think its important to have a captivating first paragraph, since it sets the tone for the rest of the story. You should spend as much time on the first paragraph as you do on the entire body.

Thanks for feedback! :)

I'll say 8 as well~ The story is cute but could use a little work as it seems rushed. Also you want to be careful about starting sentences with 'and' because it can make the text choppy and not flow well. I'd love to read more of what you have when you finish the next part and remember not to rush! ^^ Also a tip that I used when I used to write; I would actually read the story out loud to myself and by doing this, you'll be able to hear some things that you'd want to change. Hope this helps! :)

I responded, and voted gave you a 9, left you some comments, well done!

Thanks so much!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'll say 8 as well~ The story is cute but could use a little work as it seems rushed. Also you want to be careful about starting sentences with 'and' because it can make the text choppy and not flow well. I'd love to read more of what you have when you finish the next part and remember not to rush! ^^ Also a tip that I used when I used to write; I would actually read the story out loud to myself and by doing this, you'll be able to hear some things that you'd want to change. Hope this helps! :)

Thanks a lot<33 and definently will edit it

Umm you skipped 6. So, I guess I'll go with 5.5 :p Don't feel bad, I'm a super-harsh critique and I love flawless grammar. Now, for the very first sentence. It wasn't an amazing "hook". You want to captivate your readers, make them want to continue reading, make them curious. She was in 7th grade. Everybody will figure she's 12, you don't really need to write it unless she failed or skipped a grade. Which, in that case, you would write something like "I skipped grade 6, so I'm only 11, I feel like the biggest nerd on earth <--- Even that isn't amazing.

Speaking of the fact that I used the skipping a grade as an example, that probably wouldn't be the case, as she hates math. I'm not being clich?, saying all kids who skip a grade enjoy math, however, you need to do your own math as well as the next grade's math, to be able to skip.

Your character is 12? I hope your age range wasn't any higher. Speaking from experience, all of the "cool" grade 8's won't be touching this story with a 99-foot pole.

Also, why on earth did you start a sentence with "and". Any editor/proofreader, would tell you to never start a sentence with "and", "but" or "because". There are ways to avoid the first two, and probably the last one too. I just haven't thought about it that hard. "Also" instead of "and" "however*" instead of "but".

**ALWAYS have a comma (or period for before) before and after the word "however"**

"There were only 2 7th graders in that class" You most definitely want to write "2" as a word, instead of the number. Numbers beside numbers like that, can be confusing. You also wouldn't use a semi-colon there. Semi-colons are for long, sometimes detailed lists, which contain ideas that would be confusing with just a comma. Or, to link two clauses that are relatively similar. Your best bet is to stay away from semi-colons. They can be very confusing.

"The rest of the kids were 6th graders, not even one 8th grader" I like how you used the spelling of "one" beside the number "8" To make this sentence more complex, more to the level of a seventh grader, maybe put "The majority of the kids/students were 6th graders, there wasn't even a single 8th grader" It also puts emphasis on how there were no eighth graders.

Normally, when writing, a single digit number, would be spelled instead of written as a number (ex: five instead of 5) that's for when explaining a quantity. However, if it's geared for 7th graders, it should be fine.

I don't think the use of exclamation marks is correct, you tend to use these after an interjection. Not after an entire sentence that contains a comma.

"And, since I ended up going to school in the middle of the school year, I ended up getting math class!" There isn't an interjection used in this sentence.

"The only bad part about attending the class; bullies" Please, just use a regular colon here. It seems like you're trying to make your writing more sophisticated, however, it's the incorrect use of a semi-colon. Also, of course, you don't need your writing to be more sophisticated, you're writing about 7th graders.

"It was so fun." That is a missing-fragment sentence. It also doesn't make a lot of sense. I get what you're trying to say, however, maybe try this: "It was extremely lively during the game". "We had an amazing time"

"A couple months before school was about to end, the best thing that might sound awful, awkward, and like the worst thing ever, happened". Too many commas, a run-on sentence. Try: "A couple months before school was about to end, was when it happened. It might sound awful, awkward or like the worst thing ever, but it truly was the best."

"Can you get some napkins please..." Needs a question mark to signify interrogation. Basically it needs to look more like this "Can you get some napkins please...?" Or you could totally eliminate the ellipsis. (The three periods). You don't really need them. As they signify the elimination of words. They're not really needed here.

"I was guessing he was just in baseball club" Eliminate the "just". You're adding words where you don't need them.

"WHY ARE YOU IN THE GIRLS' RESTROOM!?!?!?" Okay, first of all I wouldn't put it in all caps, I would put it in regular script, however, I would make it more in a "surprised" tone. Ex: "Why on earth are you in the girls' restroom!?" I exclaimed. Another thing, if you say "I walked into the girls' bathroom", you should continue saying "bathroom". I know if I was yelling the same thing, I wouldn't say "restroom". The most important thing in this sentence, punctuation. You used way too many marks at the ens of this sentence. Absolutely no publisher, grammar loving reader, etc. Will ever like that, they'll think you're inexperienced.

"I'm not a basic 7th grader girl" Try "I'm not a basic 7th grade girl" It just sounds better.

"I was an immature weirdo that was smart and helpful" Maybe before you say this, say "I wasn't a helpless drama queen" or something of the sort. Also, maybe edit it to be "I was just an immature weirdo, trying my best to be smart and helpful"

Thank you, I literally went all-out to edit the life out of this :p. If you're interested in my further editing, you can PM me. I'll do the further chapters, too. (Maybe for a small tbt price ;) )

There is no 6, so I'm going with a 6! :)

I don't know, to me some of the sentence build up seems a bit weird. But it has intrigued me! What is the genre that you are going to go with? :) As it's just one chapter, I can't really tell. And yes, reading it out loud, figuring out where everything goes and make sure it's easy on the eyes and not going everywhere at once, take your time getting to the build up, make people love the character, or hate it, get annoyed by it, and later on fall in love with it.

7, it's pretty good, but seems slightly rushed.
Also, you could make your starting paragraph a lot more interesting; I wasn't really pulled in straight away ^~^;

Haha no you guys are all fine :)
I was just offline fixing like....
the whole story haha. :) Thank you guys and yeah... believe it or not I'm only 12 but in school everyone recommends me to write my own story so I have absolutely no experience. Thanks :)

8!
I love the story! You did a great job! All I would say, as some people have said, it seems a bit rushed? Like it's hard to explain, but that is only 1 tiny thing!

I give you an 8. I like the story. I'm no professional so my advice would just be to reread a bit and touch it up. For example "it's" in the first paragraph should be "its" since it is possessive. Good job :)

I'll give it a 5. It's pretty good minus the grammatical errors. I think you have a lot of good ideas in there, but connecting them all is an issue, it just felt a little scattered to me like you'd be in one place then suddenly you're talking about something completely different in the next paragraph without transitioning.

8 An easy read. It was easy to follow along, and your transitions between narrators was nice and smooth.

Haha no you guys are all fine :)
I was just offline fixing like....
the whole story haha. :) Thank you guys and yeah... believe it or not I'm only 12 but in school everyone recommends me to write my own story so I have absolutely no experience. Thanks :)

Hey, I'm only 14 and you saw me edit the life out of your story. I am also published on ibooks, in my local library, etc. It's amazing how creative we are at this age. You should enter writing contests!

Hey, I'm only 14 and you saw me edit the life out of your story. I am also published on ibooks, in my local library, etc. It's amazing how creative we are at this age. You should enter writing contests!

Wow XD. Yeah, we should take advantage of creativity at a young age so it doesn't go away as we get older. :)

Like Picasso said:

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up."

- Pablo Picasso

Back