• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Twilight Princess HD General Thread

Is this alright?

• Yes, it's just DLC.

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • No, it's unfair for those who missed the preorder.

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • I don't care one way or another.

Votes: 20 54.1%

• Total voters
here's an official trailer for the wolf link amiibo

I don't like that they have on-disc DLC locked behind amiibo.

I'd hardly call it DLC. It's basically a spin off dungeon where all you do is fight enemies in order to beat your current record and get a better wallet at the end. If this was an actual proper dungeon which added more elements to the games SL then I'd understand, but all you get is a bigger wallet, which basically only helps with the magic armor or whatever it's called - which iirc you only get near the end of the game, and the game is easy enough as is, so I personally don't see the issue here. I'm more happy about amiibo actually getting a proper function in game rather than being trophy items.

I LOVE Twilight Princess, it's my favorite Zelda game. I am really excited for this game to come out. Anyways, I would love to play the new dungeon to be honest but if I never get the chance to I probably won't mind. I think it should be an official part of the game and who knows, it might even be a part of the actual game eventually! I kind of also hope not though, or at least if it does it won't impact the story all that much, because the original story is sooo good

I LOVE Twilight Princess, it's my favorite Zelda game. I am really excited for this game to come out. Anyways, I would love to play the new dungeon to be honest but if I never get the chance to I probably won't mind. I think it should be an official part of the game and who knows, it might even be a part of the actual game eventually! I kind of also hope not though, or at least if it does it won't impact the story all that much, because the original story is sooo good

It probably wont come to the full game without the amiibo. Splatoon is like 6 months old already, and is at the end of it's content release, the amiibo challenges are still locked behind amiibo.
And yes, I'm pretty sure it's not even related to the games SL. It's basically a mini dungeon where you go to each room beating enemies, and if you complete it, you get the wallet that holds 10,000 rupees. It's basically a side-quest that has no effects on the games storyline

Wow what a disappointment is that Wolf Link amiibo, it is just another Cave of Ordeals...

In my opinion, just the making of TP for a third time is already useless, so... sorry for those who are so hyped with it, but I couldn't care less :p

In my opinion, just the making of TP for a third time is already useless, so... sorry for those who are so hyped with it, but I couldn't care less :p

well it was really only made once so far

the Wii version is just the GameCube game with everything flipped horizontally and ****ty controls

and the Wii U version is just Nintendo rectifying THAT mistake... :cool:

"Mistake"

I played The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess on the Wii without any issues whatsoever. I had a great time!
The aiming is really nice and surprisingly accurate!

meh. just pretend the dlc is not there. I doubt they'll shove it down your throat like some other games like to do. coughskylanderscough

Looking forward to playing through it again, updated textures look great. Going to feel weird with everything mirrored.

cant say the same for Ilia's duckface in the trailer though :confused:

Looks like mirrored world is confirmed for hero mode, yaaay!!!

cayrqihuuae2z8l__xlarge.jpg

Last edited:
Hopefully I will have finished my first run of the Fates games by the time this comes out. This will be my first time playing TP and I'm so excited!

Back