Cherry (Fruit)
Happy Home Designer Token
Orange Mote of Flame
Apple (Fruit)
January Birthstone (Garnet)
Cake
08dNT6N.png

August 20th, 1944

This is interesting, first entry in my new journal. My wife had bought me this journal about a week ago, but i never started using it until now. To anyone in the future reading this, i?m sorry about my handwriting. I never received a proper education, my handwriting is a bit on the low side. I wish i could write this on my typewriter, but my wife recommends that i do it all in handwriting.
I haven?t properly introduced myself yet, I am Ester F. Fior. Most people refer to me as Ester or Mr. Fior usually. Currently, I am a simple Lumberjack, well a part time lumberjack if you will. I sell fire wood and furniture for a living. However, i?m soon going to be retiring with my wife to live a simple life in the woods, doing my Job as a Lumberjack. I?ve heard that some of my other Lumberjacks have started going bankrupt because of not being any wood to sell. I?ve decided that i can take advantage of this while i?m not retired: I?m moving in several weeks to a cabin i own in the woods so i can collect more supplies.
Sounds genius, right? I?m ready to move, but it?s going to be a while now. At least 1-2 weeks at finest. I will be writing a new entry into this journal as soon as i get to my new cabin. Until next time.

-Ester Fior

Introduction
Welcome to Forest Fire, a variant of the forum game of mafia. Both mafia and FF are games of the uninformed majority fighting against the informed minority. If you are town, you are trying to find and eliminate the Arsonist team, except you don't know who your fellow town members are. If you are a member of the Pyros, you know who your fellow arsonists are and try to protect them. If you are Pyro, you should coordinate your actions in your private chat to decide on who to douse/ignite. There are less Pyro's then Town, but to compensate for this you are able to douse someone in gas to be able to ignite them the next day. Someone has to already be doused to ignite.

At the beginning of the game, you are PM'd your role. The game is divided into repeating phases of Day and Night. Day will generally last 48 hours and revolve around voting for a player to be lynched. Each player (including Arsonists) get one vote, and players must figure out who the Arsonists are, and convince others that they are correct. At the end of the day, the person with the most votes is lynched, and their alignment and role are revealed. Your role may change sometime during the game if you are a Tree. A tree is a special version of a Townie. When you are lynched, you're still alive but you cannot vote who to lynch anymore. When you are Stumped, you lose all special abilities and only have your voice. However, as a member of the Arsonist group you must douse as many people as possible without being spotted as an Arsonist. These generally include dousing stumped trees or confirmed trees. You may douse as many people as you want until you're ready to ignite and kill them.

Night is typically 24 hours long and is reserved for Arsonist attacks and other players with special abilities. Usually, players discuss the results of the lynch at night, as well as their new suspicions, and make plans for the next day. When night ends, everyone will be informed of who died during the night. The new day will begin, and discussions for the lynch begin anew.

Be warned - Mafia requires a time commitment. This generally depends on the player, but at minimum 30 minutes a day of solid effort is required. As part of the time commitment, Mafia requires a great deal of reading. Most people are actually quite poor at reading comprehension and playing Mafia is a great way to improve your reading ability, as well as your writing and ability to think and argue logically.

Credit to KarlaKGB whose guide to mafia is what this is based off of./B]

Game Setup

Outside of Thread Communication
There are no PMs allowed unless otherwise stated. This includes skype, irc, etc. All talking is to be done in this thread and this thread only.

Day/Night Cycle
Day will last 48 hours, Night will last 23.5 hours. Day ends at 9:00 PM CT. Night ends at 8:30 PM CT. Day/Night cycles may be sped up later in the game.

Replacements
This game will use replacements until Day 3.

This is a Semi-Open setup. Some roles may not be featured in the game.

Arsonist Leader(GodFather): You are the leader of the Arsonists, burning everything you see thats green. You smoke cigars all the time and throw them into feilds (doesn't sound to bad right now actually). You live in a Log Cabin in the woods (sucks to live in wood right? Don't you just want to burn it down?) along with your partners. Each night you will PM the host to either douse someone in gas, or to ignite all previously doused targets.

Arsonist Goon: You hate everything thats green. You do the bidding of the Leader's commands, [PLAYERNAME]. If the Arsonist leader dies, you will become the new leader. You may ask the leader to douse someone in gas, or haggle to ignite all previously doused targets.

Fire Fighter(Doctor): Ah greenery, you love any type of plant life, even Cactus and Fly-traps. Your soul goal of life is to put out any and all fire that you see, as you are a Fire Fighter afterall. Each night you will PM the Host who you want to spray with water. If you target is doused in gas that night, you will clean them up. If your target is ignited in fire that night, your water will prevent them from burning. You may douse yourself, you may not douse the same person 2 nights in a row.

Fairy(Retributionist): You are a magic creature that lives in the trees, but your magic is being drained however with the Trees starting to disappear. Whenever a Tree is stumped, you may use the remaining power you have to turn them back into a full tree. Doing this has consequences however, when you use this power you have a 50% chance of becoming a stumped tree, other 50% makes you a simple Tree. You can not use this power on dead trees.

Hardwood Tree(Unlynchable): A tree with bark strong enough to protect you from axes. If you are lynched during the day, the Lumberjack won't be able to chop you down. Allowing you to live another day cycle. You can be doused/ignited however.

Hunter(1 shot vigilante): You are a simple hunter on the lookout for food, and criminals. You realize that people without any license are breaking the law, so if you were to see someone like a Fire Fighter or a Fairy (not like they exist anyway!) then you won't hesitate to shoot them. You also are armed with an axe, so you will chop down any Trees with your shot, they die too.

Tree(Townie): A simple Tree that grows in the woods. You can speak to other forest creatures yet any human who is nearby don't have this ability. You have no special night abilitys, yet you have an ability that no other role has: Stumped! If you are lynched during the day, you don't die. Instead, you lose your lynching vote. You will only die if you are ignited with flames. Other then that you have no other special abilitys besides your voice and vote(if you haven't been stumped)​

General Mafia Rules
Cheating includes (but is not limited to):
1. Posting after death. You may have one polite goodbye post, but it may not contain any potentially game-changing information.
2. Ruining the game by doing something like handing out your mafia's member list to the town.
3. Logging on to someone else's account to get their role or looking over someone's shoulder to get their role.
4. Comparing role PM timings to try and work out roles.
5. Posting or sharing any PM you receive from a host without permission.
6. Getting yourself modkilled to help your team. Your non-majority-decided death may not be used as a bargaining chip.
7. Signing up more than once using smurf accounts.
8. Offering favours/items/bells outside of the game for a ingame information.
9. Sharing accounts with other players.
10. Breadcrumbing the specific phrasing of your role PM. Do not compare the phrasing in your role PM to prove your alignment. You can claim the abilities you have, but you can't use the specific phrasing of your role PM.
11. Posting a false PM phrased as if you received it from the host. You can still fake roleclaim, but you cannot make it look like you are posting a PM you received from the host.

YOU MAY ONLY COPY AND PASTE TEXT FOR USE AS EVIDENCE. POSTING SCREENSHOTS OR ANY OTHER NON-TEXT EVIDENCE IS CONSIDERED CHEATING. THE ONLY EXCEPTION IS EVIDENCE THAT IS PUBLICLY AVAILABLE FOR ALL PLAYERS TO CHECK (eg. post counts in a thread). IT IS BEST IF YOU CHECK WITH ME FIRST.

Mod Font:
This is the mod font color. Please don't use it.

Question Font:
This is the question font color. Use this to ask questions. PMs are also fine.

Spam:
Strategic spam is acceptable, within reason.

Editing:
Editing is not allowed for any reason. Editing will result in a warning. After that, you will be modkilled.

Inappropriate posts:
Mafia games can get heated and emotional. Please keep it civil and remember that what happens in Mafia stays in Mafia.

Observers' Chat:
While dead players will be keen to give valuable "insight" into the game, please refrain from revealing game-changing information (eg. the identities of your fellow Mafia).

Play to win.
You should try your best to help your team win while you are alive and in the game.

Voting

This game uses plurality lynch. Whoever has the most amount of votes by the end of the day will be lynched. In the case of a tie, the person first to reach the amount of votes will be lynched.

You may vote for yourself. Lynching is required. Voting is required. You must vote for an alive player in the game.

You vote in the following format ##VOTE: USERNAME. To unvote, simply type ##UNVOTE in the voting thread.

Playerlist

1.Oath2order
2.Kit
3.reyy
4.StarryWolfHunter, Lynched Day 1
5.Panda1376
6.JellofishXD Mod killed Night 2
7.Trojan
8.Call me Daniel
9.Tom
10.Ayaya
11.Lucanosa Arsonist goon, modkilled day 3
12.Dolby Arsonist Leader, modkilled day 3
13.Minties
14.m3ow_
15.Trundle Tree, Stumped Day 2
16.White Claw- Mod killed Night 2
17.mother of all llamas

Credits
Thank you Karla for introducing mafia to TBT

N/A
Natty
Dad
Blu Rose
Lynn
Tom
Jacob

Please don't join if you're going to be inactive for long stretches of time. Plan ahead so you don't disrupt the experience of other players.

This will be starting some time in late January after the Reindeer mafia.

Last edited:
Didn't kit want to host? You probably should have let her host before you hosted again in my opinion.

Didn't kit want to host? You probably should have let her host before you hosted again in my opinion.

i'm starting it later, i just realized that i should let someone else host.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Eh closing it. To anyone seeing this, start a game yourself. I'm doing this probably sometime in February, but its going to be a Unique set-up that hasn't been used yet.

I just got excited because i was inspired from something i wrote in class, i think i could make it into a book.

This games story is going to be great, thats why i was so eager to make the game yesterday

should you really host after your last game?

Back