• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Visit my Nutcracker-themed winter dream town!!

Meilumi

Bells
Hey all!

I've been working on my second town for quite a while and I just recently finished up the houses, so I'd love it if people could visit and let me know what they think!

The town name is Meraki, and the mayor is Diana. The dream address is 5600-5639-5399! It's pretty much all completed, and I'd really love it if you could leave some feedback on this thread, and then also possibly your own dream address if you'd like me to visit/review yours as well!! :blush:

HNI_0083.JPGHNI_0089.JPGHNI_0012.JPGHNI_0015.JPGHNI_0018.JPGHNI_0100.JPG

Last edited:
hello! i just visited your town and i liked it a lot!! since i'm quite new to animal crossing, i had never seen a town in winter! your town looks adorable and i really got the christmas-y feel from it!! since i'm new to ac i cant really provide good advice, but maybe you could build some pwp in the area in front of the prefecture...? well i loved your town either way! cheers!!

I really need to study right now but I had to log back on and tell you how much I love your town! I started working on a winter town about a month ago and yours is so awesome! I'm normally quite picky about dream towns because I find a lot of them difficult to navigate but yours is very straight forward. There's no space that can't be seen or easily explored, and you did such a great job with bushes despite the row of 12 limitation!

My favourite spaces were the lighthouse by the waterfall, the secluded castle house, and the bonfire area!

I'll visit tonight before I go to sleep~
I like to look at dream towns before I fall asleep.
It is so peaceful. c: I really love winter time, so I am sure I will love it!

hello! i just visited your town and i liked it a lot!! since i'm quite new to animal crossing, i had never seen a town in winter! your town looks adorable and i really got the christmas-y feel from it!! since i'm new to ac i cant really provide good advice, but maybe you could build some pwp in the area in front of the prefecture...? well i loved your town either way! cheers!!

Thank you!! And yeah I'm definitely thinking of PWPs to put into that area since it's relatively underdeveloped compared to other parts of town. The only problem is waiting for villagers to suggest the PWPs I want, which is a real pain. And thank you regarding the houses too, those took ages to align properly! :)

I really need to study right now but I had to log back on and tell you how much I love your town! I started working on a winter town about a month ago and yours is so awesome! I'm normally quite picky about dream towns because I find a lot of them difficult to navigate but yours is very straight forward. There's no space that can't be seen or easily explored, and you did such a great job with bushes despite the row of 12 limitation!

My favourite spaces were the lighthouse by the waterfall, the secluded castle house, and the bonfire area!

Thank you so much! Yeah I'm more of a fan of straightforward paths instead of winding ones, so I just have the main brick path as of now. I tried to put the paths down so that they were as direct as possible. & I'm really glad you liked those areas too!

9abb633fe1599329d3138ff5add4273f.png

I'm already cold. Foot numbness level: Fifty percent.

57f861cfd9673770d3b812d7d9c921f3.png

How nice! They're actually black as Santa's coal but it's the thought that counts.

45062150a12ac1993c33d482ef8b6144.png

Me and my starlight eyes and my frigid everything else checked out his house, and loved it a lot. I feel warmer already!

055a06568932c5f988f8055d047668e4.png

I've actually got a mushroom forest just like this in my town. Foot numbness level: Two hundred percent.

f0a62e8c2233dea4753fd44ebf01e672.png

Never met her before. She's super cute!

3442bab441a7a555b063a35a628f0d76.png

This area is one of my favorites, along with the entire lead-in to it. Maybe swap the log bench and the fire pit spots, so you can sit on the bench and face the fire? That, or replace the bench with some pattern stumps? Either would look great.

3b28c234f91c3fe05cd928d816e5b505.png

Foot numbness level: Eleventy billion percent.

41f9c70f1868230a703e88e19c0e2608.png

df6326fdb12f3ca63004e3d70ea4877a.png

The way these bush lines are structured makes it look like an actual suburb. Really good stuff.

6663ba581e35d274706209185db956d0.png

It feels nice to step on some desert sand for once.

a424bca1f342e88a0c71396bffa400eb.png

One of my favorite rooms involving standees. Probably my favorite room in town overall.

8b2240b993e349935eb4450595abf5e4.png

baccb1d2469662785253e2e1872bcb76.png

I'd chat longer but I have to go mend a wall.

2cd99f98732d6b183e37906df3a7840f.png

c280b7d401e4f1cd6987de04c07929f6.png

It's amazing how warm the interiors look, in contrast to all the snow outside. Fantastic work!

Other than my now most likely frostbitten feet, I loved just about everything here. For a town that's not done yet, I'm impressed with it. I'll have to revisit it once it gets farther along. Thanks for showing it!

I would also love it if you visited my town (4800-5483-8257, Pallet). Normally I've got it set to during the day but this time around it's an evening visit.

Last edited:
I'll visit tonight before I go to sleep~
I like to look at dream towns before I fall asleep.
It is so peaceful. c: I really love winter time, so I am sure I will love it!

Awesome, let me know what you think once you do! Hope you enjoy it.

Other than my now most likely frostbitten feet, I loved just about everything here. For a town that's not done yet, I'm impressed with it. I'll have to revisit it once it gets farther along. Thanks for showing it!

I would also love it if you visited my town (4800-5483-8257, Pallet). Normally I've got it set to during the day but this time around it's an evening visit.

Wow, thank you so much for the pictures and commentary! I really do need to leave some clothes/boots out for all those poor freezing dreamers. And sure, I'd love to take a look at your town too. I'll visit and then post about it on this board either sometime tonight or tomorrow morning?

hey! just visited your town, and i loved it! my favorite villagers of yours are Poppy, Diana, and Daisy. the gifts at the plaza were a nice touch. my favorite area was the little forest with the campfire in the upper left corner of your town :) based on what I've seen in your town, I'm sure you're gonna make those empty areas look amazing! i can tell you've spent a lot of time on your town and you should be very proud of it! would you mind visiting my dream town? address is in my sig :)

The rooms are excellent! I love everything especially the music but Mira has fleas, and you need to fill up your open areas with nature/pwps. I really like your brick paths, they do make the town very cosy. Poppy and Mira are adorable :3. Instead of so much bushes, why not try trees instead? Overall I rate your town 8/10. Keep up the good work!

Visited Pallet!

HNI_0050.JPG
First impression: Wow, very cute town plaza! I love how detailed the maps are, and also the tetris design with the patterns. I'm assuming there's treasure or clothes for me on the private beach, so I'll get there eventually! There also appears to be no shoes, but for a summer town it fits just fine.

HNI_0052.JPG
Really loving how colorful your town is as I head to Weegee's house, from the multicolored fruit trees to the refurbished cabana furniture.

HNI_0053.JPG
The masseuse with the minimalist beds and the Merlions are really clever in the spa room! Love how it looks like the water is pouring from the merlions into the bathtub.

HNI_0054.JPG
So that means I better work if I wanna find that treasure.

HNI_0057.JPG
Loving your mushroom forest too.

HNI_0060.JPG
The park area is super cute and the mix of colors goes really well with your town! Unfortunately the buried item is just a glow wand. :(

HNI_0065.JPG
Really like the color scheme of this main room in Wally's house--the custom kiddie set and citrus furniture go super well together. I also really appreciate the way the kitchen is laid out. TV right in front of the table!!

HNI_0070.JPG
I am sufficiently creeped out. Absolutely hated the sound of the theremin coupled with the water bird.

HNI_0071.JPG
Wow you had some of the same ideas as me! The string quartet and the ballroom/dance area + piano. The mannequin reminds me of the phantom. The flowers in front of the graves in the basement are a nice touch. But I see a shovel too. Grave robbers?

HNI_0073.JPG
Okay, I'm going to make one last circle of your town to find that wetsuit because that private beach is taunting me. ...And I never ended up finding it. Doubting that there even was a wetsuit in the first place. But it was a good way to have visitors exploring everything and looking into every nook and cranny of your town!

Really like a lot of your interior decorating and the fun/creative treasure hunt you sent me on. It's just a very thoughtful and well put together town! You mentioned setting it to nighttime but usually setting it to daytime. I do feel like a blue sky would match with your color scheme better--especially the bright brick path and colors. Maybe try changing the time to early morning instead (like 6-8am?) to see if you like it or not. :D

- - - Post Merge - - -

hey! just visited your town, and i loved it! my favorite villagers of yours are Poppy, Diana, and Daisy. the gifts at the plaza were a nice touch. my favorite area was the little forest with the campfire in the upper left corner of your town :) based on what I've seen in your town, I'm sure you're gonna make those empty areas look amazing! i can tell you've spent a lot of time on your town and you should be very proud of it! would you mind visiting my dream town? address is in my sig :)
Thank you! I'll try to take a look at your town today and then post on this board again!

The rooms are excellent! I love everything especially the music but Mira has fleas, and you need to fill up your open areas with nature/pwps. I really like your brick paths, they do make the town very cosy. Poppy and Mira are adorable :3. Instead of so much bushes, why not try trees instead? Overall I rate your town 8/10. Keep up the good work!
Oh no, Mira has fleas? I think whoever gets fleas is random, but I would do something about it if I could. And I definitely agree on filling up the open areas! The villagers are stubborn but I've been trying to use the PWP trick. And I'll def consider adding more trees in place of bushes. Right now I feel like some areas are just overloaded with bushes.

Cute town :D The holly bushes are nice.
All the houses look really nice. That feast room is amazing. Also is that a ballroom with the statues as dancers? The zen room is cute.

I think the classic police station would look nice.

Last edited:
I love Christmas towns, I'm visiting :D
Great, let me know what you think!

Cute town :D The holly bushes are nice.
All the houses look really nice. That feast room is amazing. Also is that a ballroom with the statues as dancers? The zen room is cute.

I think the classic police station would look nice.
Thanks a bunch! And yup, it's meant to be a ballroom. :blush: And okay, one for the classic police station!

Town of Meraki.

I love the clovers and bushes lining the paths. Your flower arrangements look lovely. I love this foresty winter theme.

Clara's house- Very cute house.The room on the left is great. It's so unique and perfect in everyway. Right room is also very cool.

Diana's house- Ahh. Cute Christmas room.The room upstairs is so adorable. I love it. WOW, I'm impressed with this entire house. Fantasic job.

Your town is great. I especially loved the houses. Thanks so much for sharing.

Town of Meraki.

I love the clovers and bushes lining the paths. Your flower arrangements look lovely. I love this foresty winter theme.

Clara's house- Very cute house.The room on the left is great. It's so unique and perfect in everyway. Right room is also very cool.

Diana's house- Ahh. Cute Christmas room.The room upstairs is so adorable. I love it. WOW, I'm impressed with this entire house. Fantasic job.

Your town is great. I especially loved the houses. Thanks so much for sharing.
Thanks a bunch for visiting! I really appreciate it.

awesome town! loved every second I spend in it, still there actually! haha!
Glad you loved it! :D

- - - Post Merge - - -

HNI_0080.JPG

As a side note, just updated the dream town again! This time there's a lot more PWPs to fill up those blank spaces.

Such a wonderful town, I especially loved the little chocolate cafe. That's a very clever well designed room with all the brown furniture! :)

Such a wonderful town, I especially loved the little chocolate cafe. That's a very clever well designed room with all the brown furniture! :)

Thank you! I tried to make the chocolate room look as warm and earthy as I could. :)

- - -

Dreaming of Wonder!

HNI_0099.JPG
First impression: Wow, loving the pathing work around the town plaza. The pumpkin-lined path is super cute, so I'm assuming I'm going to be in for a really lovely fall-themed town.

HNI_0001.JPG
This area is super nice!

HNI_0100.JPG
The illuminated arches are nice, but I feel like the blue doesn't quite fit in with the color scheme of your town that you have going on? Maybe swap out the arches for wisteria trellises or flower arches?

HNI_0002.JPG
Seems weird to have a lighthouse near the river in the middle of town as opposed to near the river. I feel like it'd make more sense near a cliff? But I found the clothes!

HNI_0004.JPG
Just really loving the color scheme of your town overall, from the sweet-olive bushes to the cut bamboo. This enclosed area with the hot spring feels very cozy.

HNI_0005.JPG
This diving area is so cute! Is the wetsuit a rental one from the island?

HNI_0007.JPG
You have so many pictures in this room! Past + present residents of Wonder? Beth's house was nice--the mermaid furniture in the main room work surprisingly well together with the other furniture.

HNI_0008.JPG
Like this winter themed room too. The song goes really well, I'll have to think about incorporating it into one of my rooms.

HNI_0009.JPG
The mashup of music and sounds in the space room is really interesting and clever!

HNI_0010.JPG
What adventure? A treasure hunt? I spot a private beach with some buried items.

HNI_0013.JPG
And the treasure consists of chocolate coins, gold nuggets, and toy hammers! I sure wish I had gotten a hammer beforehand. Would also be fun if you buried an actual treasure chest full of booty, but it completely doesn't matter, since it would just be a furniture item and do nothing whatsoever.

HNI_0015.JPG
Having a little fun with the hammer before I leave...

Just a really fun and cozy town to dream about! Really liked aspects of the landscaping and also the presents conveniently laid out everywhere. Just one thing is that sometimes I feel like some of the rooms just have stuff in the center and then furniture all around the sides. Maybe you could be more creative with a layout and arrange the furniture so that there's two sections of the room, or maybe even three or four? And it's paintstakingly hard to come across, but an orange sunset would be absolutely beautiful.

Hi there! You very kindly visited and reviewed my town Ice Cap last night with some terrific suggestions, so I thought that I'd return the favor. I just came back from dreaming of Meraki and had a wonderful time exploring the sights. The clothing that you left for dream visitors was very cute, and really helped to stave off that winter chill. Your paths were very neatly laid out and made your town easy to navigate. The copious amount of holly bushes that you used to line many of your paths really gave the town a manicured look. I might suggest adding a few more cedars in certain areas of town, particularly in the lower right region where Retail and the rightmost metal bench overlooking the beach is located. Having apples as your native fruit worked out really well, as the perfect apples resembled Christmas ornaments hanging from the boughs of the trees. The fire pit area was a definite highlight, and I really liked the row of illuminated trees as well. I think that the area just below the Town Hall could use a few little extra touches -- maybe some flowers surrounding the fountain, possibly even a streetlight or clock of some kind.

Your home decor was amazing! Johann's house had such a coziness and a warmth to it that I was reluctant to step back outside into the snow again! There was definitely an air of enchantment about Diana's house. The statues and the piano customized in white looked like something from a dream, and the gorgeous furniture in the banquet hall made the meal look extra sumptuous. I remember you saying that there was a specific theme you had in mind when creating this town, and I am wondering if your town was inspired by the Nutcracker. I noticed the nutcracker item in the main room of Diana's house with the zodiac rat, which might be symbolic of the Mouse King? I am not terribly familiar with the story embarrassingly enough, but a quick search showed me that the lead character's name is Clara (one of your residents!) -- I also found a white tuxedo ensemble and a cake dress, which I am thinking represents Clara's meeting with the prince.

The ice room in Clara's house looked like a true winter palace. There was a lot of variety to the rooms in her house -- the upstairs had a sleepy essence of spring about it while the right-hand room made me feel as though I had journeyed to the heart of a desert. I'm betting that there are allusions to your theme that are going over my head, but I was truly impressed by everything that I saw. Your skills in home design are top notch!

Thank you for sharing your dream address and congratulations on a town beautifully done. Please keep us posted on future updates! I'm definitely going to be returning. :)

Back