Visit my Nutcracker-themed winter dream town!!

Hi there! You very kindly visited and reviewed my town Ice Cap last night with some terrific suggestions, so I thought that I'd return the favor. I just came back from dreaming of Meraki and had a wonderful time exploring the sights. The clothing that you left for dream visitors was very cute, and really helped to stave off that winter chill. Your paths were very neatly laid out and made your town easy to navigate. The copious amount of holly bushes that you used to line many of your paths really gave the town a manicured look. I might suggest adding a few more cedars in certain areas of town, particularly in the lower right region where Retail and the rightmost metal bench overlooking the beach is located. Having apples as your native fruit worked out really well, as the perfect apples resembled Christmas ornaments hanging from the boughs of the trees. The fire pit area was a definite highlight, and I really liked the row of illuminated trees as well. I think that the area just below the Town Hall could use a few little extra touches -- maybe some flowers surrounding the fountain, possibly even a streetlight or clock of some kind.

Your home decor was amazing! Johann's house had such a coziness and a warmth to it that I was reluctant to step back outside into the snow again! There was definitely an air of enchantment about Diana's house. The statues and the piano customized in white looked like something from a dream, and the gorgeous furniture in the banquet hall made the meal look extra sumptuous. I remember you saying that there was a specific theme you had in mind when creating this town, and I am wondering if your town was inspired by the Nutcracker. I noticed the nutcracker item in the main room of Diana's house with the zodiac rat, which might be symbolic of the Mouse King? I am not terribly familiar with the story embarrassingly enough, but a quick search showed me that the lead character's name is Clara (one of your residents!) -- I also found a white tuxedo ensemble and a cake dress, which I am thinking represents Clara's meeting with the prince.

The ice room in Clara's house looked like a true winter palace. There was a lot of variety to the rooms in her house -- the upstairs had a sleepy essence of spring about it while the right-hand room made me feel as though I had journeyed to the heart of a desert. I'm betting that there are allusions to your theme that are going over my head, but I was truly impressed by everything that I saw. Your skills in home design are top notch!

Thank you for sharing your dream address and congratulations on a town beautifully done. Please keep us posted on future updates! I'm definitely going to be returning. :)

Thank you for visiting, and it was my pleasure to visit your town! Yup, the front of the town hall area is a bit underdeveloped, and I'm definitely going to add some PWPs/flowers to that area. I wish I could put the cedar trees by the Re-Tail too, but I don't think they can grow in the bottom half of town? I can use more apple trees or regular trees instead.

And yup, it's based off of The Nutcracker! Just pretend the Mouse King and nutcracker are dueling it out once the clock strikes midnight. The different rooms of Clara's house represent different dances in the ballet! After the Waltz of Snowflakes, Clara visits the land of sweets where different sweets dance for her and the nutcracker prince--coffee (Arabia), chocolate (Spain), and tea (China). The upstairs reflects the Waltz of the Flowers.

And sure, will do! Glad you enjoyed. :blush:

Thank you for visiting, and it was my pleasure to visit your town! Yup, the front of the town hall area is a bit underdeveloped, and I'm definitely going to add some PWPs/flowers to that area. I wish I could put the cedar trees by the Re-Tail too, but I don't think they can grow in the bottom half of town? I can use more apple trees or regular trees instead.

And yup, it's based off of The Nutcracker! Just pretend the Mouse King and nutcracker are dueling it out once the clock strikes midnight. The different rooms of Clara's house represent different dances in the ballet! After the Waltz of Snowflakes, Clara visits the land of sweets where different sweets dance for her and the nutcracker prince--coffee (Arabia), chocolate (Spain), and tea (China). The upstairs reflects the Waltz of the Flowers.

And sure, will do! Glad you enjoyed. :blush:

Ah, that's right, I completely forgot that cedars are off-limits in the southern part of the map. Apple/regular trees will still do the trick though for sure!

I just knew that the rooms were interrelated somehow (but in my woeful ignorance of the ballet I wasn't quite able to put all the pieces together). But knowing now just makes your town all the more unique and creative. :)

Okay, I'm going to make one last circle of your town to find that wetsuit because that private beach is taunting me. ...And I never ended up finding it. Doubting that there even was a wetsuit in the first place. But it was a good way to have visitors exploring everything and looking into every nook and cranny of your town!

Really like a lot of your interior decorating and the fun/creative treasure hunt you sent me on. It's just a very thoughtful and well put together town! You mentioned setting it to nighttime but usually setting it to daytime. I do feel like a blue sky would match with your color scheme better--especially the bright brick path and colors. Maybe try changing the time to early morning instead (like 6-8am?) to see if you like it or not. :D

Thanks so much for the review! I love it when people take pictures of my town. I did update it with a 2pm time earlier, sunny day, so it should look better now.

(And there is a wetsuit! I promise!)

I took a rough look at your town! Your landscape is very tidy and I wanna know how can you get the fruit drink? I have never seen any drink beside coffee! :confused:
I particularly love your xmas themed house, the living room is so heartwarming :) Just love it!! I like every room of that house!! The little cabin in the north was quite cute too !

Ah, that's right, I completely forgot that cedars are off-limits in the southern part of the map. Apple/regular trees will still do the trick though for sure!

I just knew that the rooms were interrelated somehow (but in my woeful ignorance of the ballet I wasn't quite able to put all the pieces together). But knowing now just makes your town all the more unique and creative. :)
Yeah the stuff is kind of obscure, but haha thank you!

Thanks so much for the review! I love it when people take pictures of my town. I did update it with a 2pm time earlier, sunny day, so it should look better now.

(And there is a wetsuit! I promise!)
When I visit again I'll definitely try to find it!

I took a rough look at your town! Your landscape is very tidy and I wanna know how can you get the fruit drink? I have never seen any drink beside coffee! :confused:
I particularly love your xmas themed house, the living room is so heartwarming :) Just love it!! I like every room of that house!! The little cabin in the north was quite cute too !
It's the sparkling cider that I think you can get on New Year's Eve on NA games. And awesome, thanks!

Hi are the gates open now?

I don't have dream suite yet. I just realized. Sorry :(

Last edited:
Thought your town was really, really beautiful. Pulled together the Nutcracker theme almost as soon as I arrived, because when I talked to one of your villagers, I heard that your town tune is the first few chords of "Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies".

I loved the little area with the red flowers and perfect apple trees around the pond with the illuminated trees. I was in ACNL heaven.
Also, LOVE when people do diagonal bridges. I think it looks so aesthetically pleasing.
You had lots of white villagers, which gave your town a nice wintery boost.

Very nice town
Loved all the player homes

I hope you enjoy my town
Thank you, I'll try to take a look when I can!!

Thought your town was really, really beautiful. Pulled together the Nutcracker theme almost as soon as I arrived, because when I talked to one of your villagers, I heard that your town tune is the first few chords of "Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies".

I loved the little area with the red flowers and perfect apple trees around the pond with the illuminated trees. I was in ACNL heaven.
Also, LOVE when people do diagonal bridges. I think it looks so aesthetically pleasing.
You had lots of white villagers, which gave your town a nice wintery boost.

Yup, I'm really glad you picked up on the Sugarplum Fairy tune! Thanks a bunch for visiting, I really appreciate it. :blush:

It was really good to visit so thanks for sharing! You have a great town map, landscaping (gardening), placement of paths & buildings/pwp, homes, and villager homes! However, I dont like towns that place a lot of the same group of flowers & colors in one place. Maybe mix them up? well i guess that is just my own preference but yes great job so far!

Just updated again! Some relatively minor landscaping changes were made.

HNI_0044.JPG

Please visit, 'tis the season!! :blush:

I absolutely love it!! It reminds me of game of thrones for some reason.
I love the paths and the entire layout of the town is just amazing.

Oh my wow! This looks really well put together, and all the theme goes nicely with what I see from your picture post, O can't wait to look more into your dream town, thanks for the inspiration :3

Back