• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Rick and Morty

Esphas

the darling of belltree
Bells
latest

anybody watch this show? its pretty great

Iamnotcrying+rolls+77+_022bbb45b3257c3c494a1de93179bd8a.png

From what I've heard about this show, there's something about 100 years, someone says M-m-morty a lot, something about moon men, and people get schwifty.

I'm surprised it has absolutely no attention here considering it's all I see anyone talk about on tumblr and twitter. I can understand adult cartoons are offputting typically in their art style or comedic styling, but Rick and Morty is so unique compared to everything else currently airing on Adult Swim and that has ever aired on Adult Swim.

I think the characters are absolutely wonderful! They feel solid, fleshed-out, contain believable human flaws, and are just all-around entertaining to watch. I can't say I dislike any character because they all serve their purpose and have traits that make them kind of pitiable.
The thing I like most about this show is that it is very humorous and bizarre, but it's not afraid to touch serious, morbid topics and present them in a serious, scary way. (I don't even need to get into that Meeseeks episode!)
Also...Their are canonically non-straight characters within the core cast and that's really amazing to me considering it's not played for laughs.
It's got some good things going for it under the guise of being just another trashy adult swim cartoon.

I'm surprised it has absolutely no attention here considering it's all I see anyone talk about on tumblr and twitter. I can understand adult cartoons are offputting typically in their art style or comedic styling, but Rick and Morty is so unique compared to everything else currently airing on Adult Swim and that has ever aired on Adult Swim.

I think the characters are absolutely wonderful! They feel solid, fleshed-out, contain believable human flaws, and are just all-around entertaining to watch. I can't say I dislike any character because they all serve their purpose and have traits that make them kind of pitiable.
The thing I like most about this show is that it is very humorous and bizarre, but it's not afraid to touch serious, morbid topics and present them in a serious, scary way. (I don't even need to get into that Meeseeks episode!)
Also...Their are canonically non-straight characters within the core cast and that's really amazing to me considering it's not played for laughs.
It's got some good things going for it under the guise of being just another trashy adult swim cartoon.
aaaaa yes! this so much. i didnt expect it to be as good as it is. i was sure itd be some crp like family guy but i gave in to the hype and decided to watch. naturally i was certainly not disappointed. its actually a really intelligent show but without watching it and just looking solely at the animation it definitely gives off that trashy cheap show vibe that so many adult cartoons do. but its so much more!

and yeah the characters all have at least one good quality going for them! personally i have trouble struggling to decide which is my favorite haha

The best show ever made. Evrything about it is soooo good and clever.
yes i definitely agree!

My siblings love it so much
not too surprised at all!

Last edited:
What's everyone's favorite episode? Mine is Something Ricked This Way Comes because Rick outsmarting Mr. Needful is so hilarious.

What's everyone's favorite episode? Mine is Something Ricked This Way Comes because Rick outsmarting Mr. Needful is so hilarious.
i actually love that episode for the same reason! on the subject of favorites i love rixty minutes as it was really enjoyable in general. and the gazorpazorpfield gag was priceless. i also like total rickall because of just how entertaining it was to watch. it kept me guessing as to what was going to happen next. also i love a rickle in time because of how ingenious the concept was. its incredibly hard for me to decide on just one favorite haha

Fantastic show. I love Rixty Minutes and the Mr. Meeseeks episode, can't think of the title right now.

You know, I wasn't too sure but I think I might try watching it sometime.

Any episode that isn't Raising Gozorpazorp (OR HOWEVER YOU SPELL THAT) is a good one to me. The second any comedy cartoon touches the topic of the sexes, my eyes roll so far I can see the inside of my head...It's just...Never, ever handled in a good way...BUT!
Gosh, there's so many good ones, though, but A Rickle in Time really impressed me. It's so...Complicated, golly. How did they even manage to conceptualize something so far out and complex? I really want to see what the storyboards for that episode looked like.

I love this show. The pupils bothered me at first but they don't mind me at all now.

Back