• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Miraculous Ladybug

Reginald Fairfield

Bells
White Rose
White Rose
White Rose
Golden Watering Can
I've seen a few video essays pop up on youtube, over an hour long, explaining why you shouldn't watch it, or why it's terrible.

I've only seen season 1. Chloe is very annoying. I know the show is far from perfect. Why are people acting like this show kicked their puppy?

It's one of those shows that started off really cute and fun but then the writing got worse and worse. So many stupid decisions in the writing and the characterization is all over the place. Without getting into spoilers, basically anything after season 3 is just a disaster mess.

It's a real shame. I adored this show and the love square so much. I loved the movie though. The movie isn't perfect but they handled the main plot with defeating Hawkmoth MUCH better than the show did in my opinion. I'd almost dare to say to skip the show and just watch the movie instead.

i still watch the show and keep up with it, but there have been a lot of mixed writing decisions lately. seasons 3-4 were the best ones. i don’t really like the direction season 5 has taken it; i don’t think the show was built for that kind of plot + two characters in particular were written off pretty unnecessarily. i think the recent choices the writers have made is behind the backlash of late. but i still watch it because i’ve been following the show for years, even if its all over the place at the moment.

I'm reviving this thread to post a four year old video that highlights what animation studious worked on what episodes. It does mention that Symbiosis was fired for some ill defined "hidden inappropriacy". Would anyone know what that is?

The three episodes Symbiosis animated are Bakerix, Bakwarder, and Startrain.

Last edited:
I stopped watching after season three and I’m disappointed about how the writers wasted Chloe’s redemption arc. I actually sided with her during the episode that ruined everything for her because the conflict involved her parents and she deserved to at least help out saving them.

I never watched the show, but some of the 'acting' does make it feel like they forced the models to drink straight up caffeine. I heard that the show started off good, but took a dive (sort of like Steven Universe) and I remember some members here being frustrated about the love interest between the main girl and the cat boy. And how the show would backpedal instead of having them become official. So I think that probably helped cause its decline.

imo, some of the earlier episodes/seasons were great, but for some reason the crew kinda went crazy and to me, most of the new episodes are just terrible. my main gripe w/ the show is most of the side characters, who i believe could have gotten some sort of development, have nothing to offer except pulling out a whiteboard to brew up ideas so adrien and marinette can date. and that recent ending... ick.

not to mention thomas astruc is a real jerk who can't take criticism tho so that kills most of the show for me anyways lmao

What made me basically quit the show is how everyone basically victim blames Chloe for being Akumatized over the hurt feelings that she wasn’t allowed or even given the chance to help save her parents. I mean it’s pretty clear that any of the others would be pretty upset and vulnerable if they were in her position especially Marienette. She didn’t even listen to Chloe’s explanation or side of the story and went “oh you’re no goood and never will be good because you’re so selfish” on the poor girl. Give her a *%#>ing break you $&’*^! Her parents were literally combined and turned into some two headed monster and you didn’t even think about using Chloe in any way possible even without needing her to become Queen Bee. You could have sent her out as a distraction and perhaps they would have been hesitant to attack their own daughter momentarily as Chloe is literally the only thing that is keeping their marriage alive. I mean how else do you expect any child would feel about not being allowed to help save their parents?! And it isn’t Chloe’s fault that she became so emotionally vulnerable that it made it extremely easy for Hawk Moth to manipulate and use her again. Ladybug and Cat Noir know very well that is exactly how Hawk Moth operates and that he always targets those who are currently emotionally distressed. They were just so stupid to notice that maybe excluding Chloe from helping really hurt her feelings because it was her parents she wanted to help save and that it was her love for them that made her want to do it. The movies are fine but the show lost my interest immediately the moment I saw Ladybug victim shaming Chloe and kicking her off the team without even letting her tell her side of the story which is a huge break in Marinette’s character as she usually lets Hawk Moth’s victims speak and tell why they were turned into villains. Chloe had a valid case that deserved to be heard and I was so hoping that Adrian as Cat Noir would see how unreasonable Ladybug/Marinette was acting and call her out for it and point out that Chloe only became Akumatized because she wasn’t allowed to help save her parents and then he asks Ladybug how would she feel if the exact same thing was done to her and she was denied having the chance to save her own family and if she wouldn’t also become so emotionally distressed that Hawk Moth would sense that hurt and then exploit it like he always does? And then Ladybug would admit that Cat Noir was correct and try to make it up to Chloe by apologizing and admitting that she shouldn’t have yelled at her and been so mean to her after de-evilizing her and given her the chance to explain her side of the story and that it was wrong of her (Ladybug) to exclude her from helping to save her parents. At least then we could see Chloe’s redemption arc not go to waste and have Chloe see that even superheroes make mistakes and will apologize when necessary and that she could be more than the spoiled rich bully that everyone thinks she is that nobody aside from Adrien ever tries to see as being anything more than that. Marinette really screwed up here and the worst part is she never got any punishment or even told about how wrong her own actions towards Chloe in such a vulnerable state had been and that she only made thing much worse for literally everyone in Paris and at school.

Back