• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

SOS! My old phone will not charge and start up and i need some help to try and start it up!

Kit/Kitsune

Bells
ive charged it for an hour and it just wont start tup or show any signs of charging at all, do you think its just my charger or something worse going on, please help i have the discontinued game miitomo on there and i miss my mii so much!!!

What kind of phone is it? Certain phones or even chargers will have a small light to indicate that it is, in fact, charging.

Maybe the charging port is defective. When plugging in the charger, try applying light pressure to the dongle at a certain angle. Sometimes those ports become worn out so that it only detects anything plugged in there when there's pressure applied to that at certain angles. 🤔 Or try a different cable. Some cables are only capable of transmitting data one-way for some reason. Another thing you can try is plugging in the phone with charger into a computer or a different power adapter. 🔌

But, why is Miitomo a concern? They discontinued that long ago. I don't think you can even access the app anymore, can you? I miss that app too. I used it now and then. 💭

Maybe the charging port is defective. When plugging in the charger, try applying light pressure to the dongle at a certain angle. Sometimes those ports become worn out so that it only detects anything plugged in there when there's pressure applied to that at certain angles. 🤔 Or try a different cable. Some cables are only capable of transmitting data one-way for some reason. Another thing you can try is plugging in the phone with charger into a computer or a different power adapter. 🔌

But, why is Miitomo a concern? They discontinued that long ago. I don't think you can even access the app anymore, can you? I miss that app too. I used it now and then. 💭
i dont remember the term for it but theres this thing called karutomo that lets you still access the game! thats the only reason i can still play it! you can get karutomo off the internet if youd like to play it again!
i never played the game in its original form (when it was arround i was too young for phones) but i found out abt it and decided i wanted to play it!
as for the phone, i'll try what you said and report back here if it works!
Post automatically merged:

What kind of phone is it? Certain phones or even chargers will have a small light to indicate that it is, in fact, charging.
samsung galaxy A12, the screan turns on to show that its plugged in but it wont go abouve 0 precent

hm. i can only recommend some things that i've tried in the past. try a different cable, if you have one, or try your current one in a different phone (that's compatible, if you have one) to rule out if it's that. try a different outlet. leave it unplugged and switched off for several hours and then try charging it again. depending on the phone you have, you can press a series of buttons to soft reset (not wipe) the device. that has helped me sometimes. usually it's the power + volume down buttons at the same time for, like, fifteen seconds.

still wont charge it dont even say 0 precent smh i hope my mom didnt remove the battery on me, cause im not rlly supposed to have it bc my paranoid mother thought that a regular phone wasnt good enough and she had to get me one with parental controlls

hm. i can only recommend some things that i've tried in the past. try a different cable, if you have one, or try your current one in a different phone (that's compatible, if you have one) to rule out if it's that. try a different outlet. leave it unplugged and switched off for several hours and then try charging it again. depending on the phone you have, you can press a series of buttons to soft reset (not wipe) the device. that has helped me sometimes. usually it's the power + volume down buttons at the same time for, like, fifteen seconds.
does a soft reset delete anything at all?

i hope my mom didnt remove the battery on me
You can't open it and verify for yourself? If the phone's weight feels like it's not centered, you might be able to tell there's no battery in there. This is much easier felt on older, bulkier phones. 📱 Maybe taking out the micro SD card and using a micro SD card adapter and popping it into a PC with an SD card slot will show you if there's anything you can retrieve from there, though accessing the app through that may not be possible anyway. 👎

Oh I always go to reddit for this kind of thing, people there know everything:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SamsungSupport/

i hope my mom didnt remove the battery on me
The fact the the screen is turning on to show that it is charging means there is probably a battery inside, but my guess would be that the battery is probably damaged if it's not holding a charge.

You can't open it and verify for yourself? If the phone's weight feels like it's not centered, you might be able to tell there's no battery in there. This is much easier felt on older, bulkier phones. 📱 Maybe taking out the micro SD card and using a micro SD card adapter and popping it into a PC with an SD card slot will show you if there's anything you can retrieve from there, though accessing the app through that may not be possible anyway. 👎
idk how to open it but it feels pretty ballenced for me! however i did do a google search and some results said......and i quote.....the battery may have exploded :) i hope not and im gonna keep trying im desprate to play it again!!

Oh I always go to reddit for this kind of thing, people there know everything:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SamsungSupport/

The fact the the screen is turning on to show that it is charging means there is probably a battery inside, but my guess would be that the battery is probably damaged if it's not holding a charge.
im thinking it might be whick is very concerning, im hopeing its just hasent been charged for so long its just taking same time tho!

all i can say is ive tried for three hours now and im getting more concerned for my phone the more time goes on :( i never knew a phone could stress me out like this! all my important pictures are on there and important information and i have no sd card to transfer it all over (i'll admit that wasnt a smart decision on my side) i will try anything that dont involve money to get them back! if theres any more suggestions plz plz let me know! tyyyyy! picture 1 is of the old phone chargeing picture 2 is of my new phone of the newer model charging for comparisson of what its suppossed to look like(dont mind the peices of broken wall between my bed i recently got int i fight and someone broke my wall! also im a autistic kid and sometimes i have a hard time explaining things so sorry if this dont make sence!)

Attachments

• IMG_20240118_132736.jpg
    IMG_20240118_132736.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20240118_133056.jpg
    IMG_20240118_133056.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
still wont charge it dont even say 0 precent smh i hope my mom didnt remove the battery on me, cause im not rlly supposed to have it bc my paranoid mother thought that a regular phone wasnt good enough and she had to get me one with parental controlls

does a soft reset delete anything at all?
it shouldn't delete anything, no.

edit: i did a search on google and it turns out my mom actually completely deactivatted it and its bricked and not letting me get into it smh

You said you're not supposed to have this phone and that your mum put parental controls on your new phone. So I'm not sure how appropriate it is for adult strangers to be helping you go against her wishes, just saying.

Back