• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Are you shy?

mintellect

attention gamers,
Bells
Heart Glow Wand
Tasty Cake
Flower Glow Wand
Tasty Cake
Heart Glow Wand
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
I'm pretty shy when it comes to making new friends (not on the forums haha, in real life) but once I do I get really talkative. I'm also phone shy and whenever a friend gives me their number in my yearbook or something I end up never calling them. They usually don't either. If I ever managed to get the courage to call my crush, when someone answered the phone I'd probably be like "SORRY WRONG NUMBER" and hang up. :/

I am very shy ;_; But mine is very odd; I'm shy around my family and asking about things from my mom, and I freak out if I'm in the middle of a crowd (like, last week, I was alone and I didn't know anyone and there were a ton of people (REALLY energetic people); I was so freaked out and intimidated I wanted to cry >>').

But I feel SO much better when I know someone; I usually like to stick to my friends and when I really know someone well I get talking like I usually do (like, I guess some might be familiar with the "shy shell" and then when you open up to someone you kinda show your "normal" self?). Either way though, my shyness is unusual (mainly because I'm shy to ask my family things asfdsafagdsfa how does that even happen) :p Oh well.

I'm usually not very nervous with getting on stage in front of lots of people, but when I'm talking to one person I usually clam up, even if it's my mom.

"I don't like confrontation..."

I'm shy around people I don't really know.

I've been told that some people have assumed I'm just ignorant or full of myself, though it's just that I'm awkward because I don't know them. I usually say nothing or very little, though it's mostly because I don't want to say something really offensive or weird and them take it seriously rather than the joke it was intended as.

Last edited:
I think I can be shy. But I'm quite friendly and approachable. If someone talks to me I will quite happily talk to them but it does make me feel nervous. I suppose since I've had to move to a new school and since working, I've been forced to talk to new people so I'm no where near as shy as I used to be, but I think I do still have trouble talking to people...

Yeah, I'm not very comfortable around other people at times, and I can barely stand up and talk in front of a class. It's odd, because I very much enjoy acting, and will be fine on stage with a script to guide me, especially since the most lines I've ever had was sixteen iirc. It's just really odd, but in forums I'm usually fine, and with close friends as well. It's just usually people at my school, mainly because I'm afraid of being hurt.

I usually think 'oh they look cool!' If I see someone that looks friendly at an event. I never actually approach them though, I wait for them to talk to me and regret not talking to them in the end:(

not at all, i've always been totally at ease with and even relished situations where i haven't known anybody and have had to make friends by myself

I usually become agitated when I'm around people I don't know. I'm quite judgmental(isn't everyone tho), I may find someone very annoying at first glance, not to my standards at first glance, their taste of clothing is a big wonder to me at first glance, etc etc etc.

Yes... I have social anxiety. My mother recently found out and she's making me see a therapist tomorrow... :(

Yes. It's what prevented me from having friends for the longest time. Being shy sucks

Yes... I have social anxiety. My mother recently found out and she's making me see a therapist tomorrow... :(

I was diagnosed about 10 years ago it sucks but when you get the right therapy things get better. I got to a point where I wouldn't talk to anyone or even leave the house on my own. I am a lot better now although I still have anxiety issues they aren't nearly as bad :)

Very. I can talk to family and friends all right, but when it comes to people I don't know that well, I can't really speak to them that well, and will most often just smile, nod and walk off. I honestly wish I wasn't...

Back