• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Are there any moments in which you mix up one thing for another?

Yanrima~

History-loving Princess
Bells
White Rose
White Rose
Golden Watering Can
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
I'm interested in asking this because there comes a point or we all have a moment in which we mistake that one thing for another.
Like with names for example, or which items we remember, or we get confused about one movie plot for a completely different movie.
Or you get confused by names due to them sounding or looking the same.

What was your mix-up or conflating moments that you remember?

Oh I have a bunch of those, as English isn’t my first language. I often mix up the pronunciation of zip (as in zip up your coat) and sip (as in to take a sip). The voiced s vs voiceless s often trips me up.

Another pair I kept mixing up for a long time was compartment and department. I used compartment for things that have departments and vice versa. I have now started just saying both as a joke (so for example: “in which compartment department does he work?”) and it makes people laugh and I’m technically not wrong, so it’s a win 😂

I sometimes still mix up east and west but don’t tell anyone 🫣 in general directions are just a lost cause for me.

i mix up names all the time, but not for like... normal people. specifically celebrities. if i dont "meet" them, i don't remember names and often mix up names to faces a ton.

All day every day.:confused: I have a lot of extended relatives, so I confuse their names a lot.

When reading fiction I have trouble remembering the names of the characters. Especially if I’m reading multiple stories with similar plot lines.

I’ve mentioned before on different threads that I stutter and fumble my words all the time. A few holiday seasons ago, I was shopping for Funko Pops. I accidentally asked the cashier if they had any “green boy” figurines when I meant to say “Beast Boy”. It was embarrassing.🤦‍♀️

All the time, I speak gibberish all day mixing all words. I think of one word but what come out of my mouth or write sounds totally different. My cats have plenty of names because I always forget their names. It was more embarrassing with my father and brother's girlfriends, I was always confusing their names with a former girlfriend's name 😬, now my brother is dating the same girl for years but I still call her another name that sounds alike and she gets so mad because it's the name of some old rival...

Also I always say "convenience store" instead of "garden shed"...why?

In fiction it's hard to remember the plot of one story because I'm watching several things at the same time and then mix the characters and plots.

I have pets that about 3 of them are female, and two that are male. I always associate the males to a "she", mostly because the dogs we have are a female where the cats aren't as important to the dogs I own.

And when it comes to the lawn mower, I sometimes slip and say "laundry" but I can't help the fact that the "laun" in "laundry" sounds like "lawn"... 😅:lemon:

IMG_3313.png
IMG_3310.png

i keep getting daisy and peach mixed up, specifically their names LOL. i’ve been doing this for the past couple of years for some reason, no matter how hard i try not to. i’ll literally be playing as daisy in mario party superstars, and i’ll still think her name is peach
IMG_2812.png
i think it’s her dress that does it, since the colours remind me of a peach lol

i try to remind myself whose name is whose by saying “peach as in peachy pink, and daisy as in the literal flower that is on her dress, crown and earrings” 💀

I can tell you my vision is -5.50 in both eyes, but I can’t tell you wether that makes me nearsighted or farsighted, uh, I think that’s shortsighted, right? It just feels so wrong, my dad can’t read up close without glasses and I imagine even being called “farsighted” just sounds like something that’s always incorrect even though it’s one or the other.

honestly everything lol. words, artists, characters, names, places, dates, times, numbers, you name it! i mean to say one thing, and then another thing comes out completely. i usually notice it and then correct myself after. i'm too scatterbrained for my own good sometimes.
i kinda wanna say it's because of my learning disability/disabilities?? but idk how many things i can pin the blame on it anymore.

Numbers for sure, but also words in a sentence sometimes or places.
I assume it's because I'm a visual person and I think in pictures like a collage rather than in words or in a timeline.

Back