• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Cringe worthy things you did in the past

... I had a truly embarrassing life ...

I remember in 6th grade I went through my "Naruto Phase" ... All my friends and I were literally obsessed and at recess we'd pretend to be ninjas...
We were also obsessed with japan and I used to try drawing anime.

In 8th grade I made friends with all the emo/scene kids and tried to be one of them, but I couldn't because my mom would let me wear black or dye my hair... So I basically stood out because I was the "tiny blonde prep" of the group and they always made fun of me for it... Yet they were still my friends... It was so weird.
But yeah, we were obsessed with bands and MySpace & talkiiinnn liekkk this bby fer sure, jkjk lolololz kewl zomggg luv yu so mooch smexy.... God, I'm so sorry...

In Highschool I became a "rebel"
I skipped classes, I smoked, I stupidly dated a senior when I was a freshman, and dated like 4 other guys after him, all of them were troublemakers and most had like piercings or tattoos. My friends and I would always sneak into concerts and one time we actually got caught and they called my mom... I got into so much trouble... But I basically did all of that and a ton of other crazy/illegal stuff to upset my parents anyways tbh...

By my senior year I basically grew out of all that and started focusing on getting into a good college, which was hard but I pulled through and got into my dream school, where I met my boyfriend. ♡
I feel like all those other times I tried to be someone who I wasn't, it's really embarrassing when I look back on it but honestly was a type of freedom for me. But now I feel like I can finally be myself.

Last edited:
- my past crap art ahah oh god i want to vomit
luminouscity_freebie_by_lunasuu-d588jfn.png
- i used to pretend i was a youtuber and recorded myself on my mums phone, it was embarassing.
- used to make up my own songs and record them on my ipod
- used those asian sticker apps to decorate my photos and i put them on facebook
- talking about facebook, my fb account 2010 - 2013 UGH I WAS SO WEIRD
- my old diaries when i was little.. i would write entries about my crush, the people i hated, draw drawings in it.. i found a diary the other day and i cringed so hard

When I was about 6, I bust my right elbow and because I was an insistent little madam and was due to do a show with my then dance school. Long story short, I did the show and the comp?re noticed me and my injured elbow, took my hand after the dance, led me to the front of the stage and asked me to tell the audience "how/when I did my elbow". Worst thing is, the said show was videoed for parents to buy a copy.....lesson learned well and NEVER again!! :| lol.

- - - Post Merge - - -

That's not crap, that's ace! Seriously you should see my drawings, now they're naff/crap :p.

- i used to pretend i was a youtuber and recorded myself on my mums phone, it was embarassing.
- used to make up my own songs and record them on my ipod
- used those asian sticker apps to decorate my photos and i put them on facebook
- talking about facebook, my fb account 2010 - 2013 UGH I WAS SO WEIRD
- my old diaries when i was little.. i would write entries about my crush, the people i hated, draw drawings in it.. i found a diary the other day and i cringed so hard

If that art is considered crap, then MY art would probably make you die. :p
Tbh I think that's really good!

The rest of your moments I get.

Last edited:
My barbie make-up tutorial from 2009 is floating around Youtube somewhere..

- - - Post Merge - - -

I made a love song about Shikamaru dw ur in the safezone

i love this thread lmaoooo

but tbh i never went through a scene kid phase but ehh almost everything i've done when i was younger are all pretty cringe worthy honestly... but the one at the top of my mind is my emo phase (never had emo kid looks tho)....... lol i'll probs post again here when i remember specific stuff heheheh

Being an emo/scene kid in high school, my hair will never forgive me... so much teasing, so many colors... *shudders*

The use of the word "smexy"

Last edited:
I used to write like this
"lol thx so much u r liek rlly kind lol hope we can be bff or somethin' liek dat k thxx!!!!11 xxDDDDdd"

During my scene kid phase I also attempted to pierce myself in many places, most of them didn't last very long until I got one professionally done(which I still have), going to make a spoiler to post the gnarly things that came along with that...
The first I did was my lip, for a monroe, I did it was a saftey pin I "sanitized" with a lighter, and I basically sat in the bathroom at my friend's house grinding the tip of it threw my lip against my teeth until it broke through all the way, ended up hitting a nerve and it swole up like a freaking balloon! I still tried to rock it for a week, taking out when I was around my mom so she wouldn't know but it got really gross/***** so I took it out finally. Second was my septum, also with some random sharp object, and I literally pushed my nose against her counter until it broke through and then knocked the ring down the sink... so it closed up when I took the pin out. >.< I also pierced my arm, idfk man, I was weird as heck, and when I took it out it it healed on both sides and then in the shower when the scabs got soft I pushed on it in the middle and like a rope of solidified puss came out... and the last thing I did was pierce my lip regular like, and it actually almost healed and then right before it healed my mom found out, made me take it out, and then took me to get it professionally done like a few months later for my 16th birthday. I also gauged my ears with anything tapered, there were some nasty blow outs and mounds of puss and blood and it was a GREAT TIME to be a self mutilater, I swear...

when i was 7 i told all my friends santa clause was my uncle and to wait at their bedroom windows at midnight on christmas eve and me and my uncle santa would come pick them up in the sleigh and drive them around
anyway one of them believed me and actually waited for me on christmas eve and when we came back to school after christmas break she told the teacher that i lied about it and i started crying in front of my whole class haha i still get embarrassed thinking about it because it's just like... why did i lie about that like why did i do that to myself in what world was that ever going to end well for me

i also just cringe a lot when thinking back on past relationships and stuff, thinking i was in love when i wasn't and all that

OOOOh also when i was about 10/11 my sister went to france for a few months and while she was gone i hung out with all of her friends who were like 14 at the time and i thought i was so great and cool and whenever they were going out to like teenage discos i'd go get ready with them and put make up on and then just go home because i was too young to go hahaha, i just thought i was amazing with all these older friends and looking back on it they must have seen me as the incredibly annoying 10 year old tagalong

at the same time when i was like 10/11 i went through this very weird middle aged woman country-club phase where all i wore were these pale pink suede trousers and pastel-coloured ralph lauren cable knit sweaters lmao i always looked like i was about to go golfing or something i thought it was tres chic

Last edited:
My worst moments would be my high school years (the second half of 10th grade and beyond, that is). It's hard to describe, but pretty much everything I wrote or said back then was cringeworthy. I know this from memories, but also because I posted online, and I can still read far too much of the material. -_-

The feeling is accentuated by how much my life changed immediately out of high school. My life started flipping upside down, and I began to understand what it was really like to have a not-so-great life. During those high school years, I did a whole bunch of whining, and not-so-serious suicide threats (I wouldn't say that they were all for attention, but they weren't as serious as I believed they were). I talked like my life was the bottom of the barrel, and it's awful, and every time I read anything from the time where I talk like that, I want to jump through the screen and slap soooo hard!

The worst of the worst in that regard I kept pretty private, and no one IRL would have read it, so I'm thankful for that... But I still made plenty of cringeworthy moments to IRL friends (whether online or not) and greater online communities. I made a big scene about high school band stuff... I made a big scene about everything... And I honestly feel like it's incredible that anyone would still talk to me from that time. >.<

i had the
:3, or some kaomoji phase
i had the pudding, kawaii food phase
now I'm having a pink and cute phase, so cringe worthy, as I'm not really sure what I'm doing anymore.

- Self-piercings (septum, "smiley", spider bites then snake bites) All I got out of it was a bunch of holes in my face that will not go away. Ugh.

- Past relationships. Literally all but my current were cringe-worthy.

- Myspace, specifically taking (and posting) those surveys where I answered a bunch of silly questions. Also a Myspace blog entry that my boyfriend at the time saw.

I'm going into junior year and I've had 2 previous girlfriends. After I broke up with them, they went full out emo. I try to avoid them.

Being standoffish towards everyone by way of just napping in class or reading/writing all the time in high school and thus not making any friends. I also just wore pajamas and sweatpants to school every day like a slob, breaking the dress code because they're made for females and I could get away with it. I could've dressed better (yearbook pics make me cringe) and not been a ball of angst.

When I was maybe eight or nine I was watching the news and there was a report of someone getting raped. So I asked my dad what it meant and he was like,"Uh, it's when someone touches someone else badly." And I went to school the next day and some kid kept touching me so I screamed, "STOP RAPING ME."

No good.

I also had a short but terrible weeaboo phase at 11. I also had a special snowflake phase around age 11. Basically, 11 was a bad year for me.

But my email addresses were got awful too. Never had an emo phase so that's good.

Back