Cringe worthy things you did in the past

When I was maybe eight or nine I was watching the news and there was a report of someone getting raped. So I asked my dad what it meant and he was like,"Uh, it's when someone touches someone else badly." And I went to school the next day and some kid kept touching me so I screamed, "STOP RAPING ME."

No good.

I also had a short but terrible weeaboo phase at 11. I also had a special snowflake phase around age 11. Basically, 11 was a bad year for me.

But my email addresses were got awful too. Never had an emo phase so that's good.

Oh my gosh xD

I regret and cringe at alot of my past in my short life, but its too embarrassing for me to even say here.

I didn`t punch some people who were, in some cases literally, asking for it.
I did a lot of horrible things, to myself but also to other people. It varies from life altering moments to being a smug little idiot to someones parents or making a cart of applejuice explode all over some poor kid and having to run 3 times around the neighbourhood afterwards from his very angry father.

I can`t look back on it and say "Ah well, I was just a kid," which worked well in the period after it happened.

Its hard to forgive yourself from crap you do to other people.

when i had my first boyfriend i didnt understand the whole "netflix and chill" thing ..... i was very confused bc i was like i just want to watch this movie wtf

In the first semester of college, I had my hair cut real short. It was an ugly haircut, but I just wanted to lop my hair off because the weather made it frizzy. That, and my terrible fashion sense at the time. Oh man. I wore a trenchcoat even though it was hot because I thought it was cool... it wasn't. I don't even remember what I did with that terrible garment.

that was exactly me in some years, i used to wear this super heavy wool coat every single day even when it was hot, and i also cut all my hair off and it looked horrible on me :cool:

I went through an "emo" phase in middle school.

Also, I used to think it was rly kewl 2 spell things rong!!

Good lord, I regret so much. My social media from middle school was so cringy.

Also, my childhood email. gamergirl298440@hotmail.com. Someone please go back in time and slap my childhood self.

Last edited:
When I was a teen I played some Gaia online, and that was a stupid experience. I was one of those kids who thought japanese-sounding names were super duper cool and generally made a fool of myself in a glorified chat room. Not that I hate Gaia, I just hate the way I used it.

Scene kid phase.
My little pet shop phase (GOSH... I MADE VIDEOS OF THESE THINGS.)
Total bi-otch phase.
Yaoi and Hentai phase.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Neopets phase.
Oh lord why.

I've gone through a few phases myself, but I'm not really ashamed of any of them, they're more nostalgic to me (Club penguin, LPS, Animal Jam, Chicken Smoothie, animal crossing)

Although I definitely did some things that even back then made me go 'why did i do that'. When I was about ten or nine, my friend showed me a bunny drawing that she was so proud of and... Well it obviously wasn't drawn that well, but I didn't know what to say, so I gave her an assholish response and then beat myself up for the rest of the day.

I'm sure there's worse stuff that I've done, but I've repressed a lot of it so I don't really remember.

Last edited:
I've gone through a few phases myself, but I'm not really ashamed of any of them, they're more nostalgic to me (Club penguin, LPS, Animal Jam, Chicken Smoothie, animal crossing)

Although I definitely did some things that even back then made me go 'why did i do that'. When I was about ten or nine, my friend showed me a bunny drawing that she was so proud of and... Well it obviously wasn't drawn that well, but I didn't know what to say, so I gave her an assholish response and then beat myself up for the rest of the day.

I'm sure there's worse stuff that I've done, but I've repressed a lot of it so I don't really remember.

Well at least you were honest. It's better than just sugar-coating it like most people.

Well at least you were honest. It's better than just sugar-coating it like most people.

That's true, but I just kinda told her it's bad, without pointing out what to improve or giving her any positive support. Even a sugar-coated compliment would be more motivating than that.

My life

But seriously I went through the LOL SO RANDOM PHASE
xD /shudders/

I also used to be like OMG GIRLY GIRLS ARE SO DUMB TOMBOY 4LYFE, what's funny is that I basically somewhat became what I used to hate

And other things I have done in the past aren't cringe worthy but I still regret doing them.

Last edited:
Ahhh my old days on Flipnote Hatena...3 years of my life that I'd really like to forget xD (was going through random phase and angsty phase at the same time)

-My permanent email right now is "Rileymonster558" and I can't change it. I've tried everything, believe me
-I used to think wearing my hair to RIGHT above my eyes was cool and good-looking. Oh god... I'm so glad I keep it short now, everyone comments that it's looked better this way the whole time
-Oh, and I never even swept it to the side. It was just flat. Flat, long, blunt hair. Not bowl-cut style mind you, I had and still have sideburns, but still cringe worthy
-From the time I was born till I was about 12 I, for some reason, thought it was okay to only wear underwear in my house. Like I had to put shorts and a t-shirt on whenever company was about to arrive, but I wish I hadn't been so lazy as to not cloth myself. My family didn't really care after awhile, but god is it cringe worthy...
-When I was a kid I used to roll around on the floor a lot
- My whole MMORPG phase that lasted around 10 years and ended a couple years ago. I admit, it's not THAT cringe worthy, but if you knew my past about it then you'd agree it is
-Up until I was 12 I hated showering. 13 and on I shower everyday thank god
-I uploaded some videos in the past on Youtube when I was a kid that are cringe worthy
-I used to think it was okay to wear socks with sandals when I was young. Thankfully that changed when I was about 10. DON'T DO IT. IT'S NOT STYLISH
-Some of the old posts on forums I've roleplayed on are DEFINITELY cringe worthy. Especially the ones I was in when I was around 12-14.
-For that matter my behavior on forums when I was younger was definitely cringe worthy
-I went through a phase when I was younger where I never smiled. Never. If I laughed, my face would just move a bit and then return to normal. I laugh and smile so much more now, which I'm thankful for

I can't think of any others right now, but those are all definitely things I'd like to forget.

/May the laughter directed at me commence

I win the thread

Last edited:
Oh god...

- I used to put an emoticon at the end of every sentences because I thought I'll look more friendly to others that way. :3
I used ':3', 'x3' and 'xD' so much it hurts to look at my posts.

- I've never physically went through an emo phase, but I used to have a fursona who pretty much have the stereotypical fringe with neon highlights, piercings, bangles/wristbands, and looked absolutely miserable. Thankfully that only lasted a week or so and was forgotten. I also outgrew having a character that "represents me" thank god. I mean eyes changing colour depending on my mood and floating wings?? wow

- 'Proud' tomboy phase.

- 10~13 year-old me playing MMO games. I regret a lot of things I've said and the names I've picked.

- Bad fanfic phase.

- Songs I used to listen to were either awful or I outgrew it.

Oh god...

- I used to put an emoticon at the end of every sentences because I thought I'll look more friendly to others that way. :3
I used ':3', 'x3' and 'xD' so much it hurts to look at my posts.

- I've never physically went through an emo phase, but I used to have a fursona who pretty much have the stereotypical fringe with neon highlights, piercings, bangles/wristbands, and looked absolutely miserable. Thankfully that only lasted a week or so and was forgotten. I also outgrew having a character that "represents me" thank god. I mean eyes changing colour depending on my mood and floating wings?? wow

- 'Proud' tomboy phase.

- 10~13 year-old me playing MMO games. I regret a lot of things I've said and the names I've picked.

- Bad fanfic phase.

- Songs I used to listen to were either awful or I outgrew it.

Omg yay, someone shares the MMO phase burden with me, XD

every one of my photo albums on myspace &nd old facebook statuses

Back