• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Organic or Non-Organic?

Oh god don't even get me started on this bull****. Of course I don't buy organic. I think most people I know who get into these weird gluten-free/organic/juicing cleanse shenanigans are women who don't work and just read fad dieting sites all day.

Oh god don't even get me started on this bull****. Of course I don't buy organic. I think most people I know who get into these weird gluten-free/organic/juicing cleanse shenanigans are women who don't work and just read fad dieting sites all day.

Same.
Just get your five a day and stay away from junk food... Tadaa you are healthy!

? this is very sexist and misogynistic?
I'm sorry you have that mentality friend
:(

Last edited:
Organic is always more expensive (Sad we have to pay to be healthy).
But in most cases if I see organic options, I'll get it preferably over other options.
If I only see whatever is on the shelf of that product, I just get it. I don't get too picky over it unless I'm given the choice.

Sorry not agreeing or disagreeing but I don't understand how that's sexist? Can you explain

How isn't it? It's literally basing an opinion off the fact that the people they know who eat organic stuff are women who don't have a job, that's just around them, doesn't mean they need to call it bull****, a lot of people want to eat organic food.

Last edited:
How isn't it? It's literally basing an opinion off the fact that the people they know who eat organic stuff are women who don't have a job, that's just around them, doesn't mean they need to call it bull****, a lot of people want to eat organic food.

I apologize for personally offending you in some way, that wasn't my intention. My opinion is actually based off of the fact that there is very little difference between foods that are labelled organic and those that aren't. My comment was poking fun at people who get their information from dieting sites, which have an obvious agenda, as opposed to actual education/research. I'd be curious to know what people who choose to buy organic think they're paying extra for. I also get really frustrated when people are against use of synthetic pesticides and GMOs mainly due to a lack of understanding of how important they have been in revolutionizing food production.

I apologize for personally offending you in some way, that wasn't my intention. My opinion is actually based off of the fact that there is very little difference between foods that are labelled organic and those that aren't. My comment was poking fun at people who get their information from dieting sites, which have an obvious agenda, as opposed to actual education/research. I'd be curious to know what people who choose to buy organic think they're paying extra for. I also get really frustrated when people are against use of synthetic pesticides and GMOs mainly due to a lack of understanding of how important they have been in revolutionizing food production.

I'm not offended, I'm just explaining how it's sexist to them.

Organic food usually tastes better to me, but the prices turn me off from buying more than a handful of organic food.

As a person with an actual (diagnosed by a doctor) gluten intolerance (celiac),
VwUjJI1.gif

- - - Post Merge - - -

I don't have a preference.

Please, please read this article if you think there's your doing something good by buying organic food --> x

As a person with an actual (diagnosed by a doctor) gluten intolerance (celiac),
VwUjJI1.gif

- - - Post Merge - - -

I don't have a preference.

Don't you get offended when some dumb girl posts her meal on Instagram and boasts that it's gluten free when she doesn't have Celiac's? Those are the idiots I'm saying I'm offended by. And for those of you that think it's sexist to point out that it's primarily women who follow eating fads, it's sad to me that you don't realize that the truly sexist thing is to promote these expensive and made-up health trends to women. As a woman I'm embarrassed by any of my peers that fall for such transparent marketing because they are perpetuating stereotypes about my gender.

Back