Organic or Non-Organic?

Don't you get offended when some dumb girl posts her meal on Instagram and boasts that it's gluten free when she doesn't have Celiac's? Those are the idiots I'm saying I'm offended by. And for those of you that think it's sexist to point out that it's primarily women who follow eating fads, it's sad to me that you don't realize that the truly sexist thing is to promote these expensive and made-up health trends to women. As a woman I'm embarrassed by any of my peers that fall for such transparent marketing because they are perpetuating stereotypes about my gender.

Oh, okay. I get what you're saying. I thought you were trying to say that gluten free diets are pointless and that it's in peoples heads.

I work in Produce at Kroger, and I have my fair share of organic and non-organic produce. What I can testify is that organic produce is much more expensive, and it is always much smaller and lesser in quality then that of produce grown with pesticides. Honestly, I've eaten plenty of organic green leaf lettuce that actually tastes like chemicals. The regular stuff normally tastes sweeter and has a better after taste. Plus organic does not have a long shelf life. For dry foods, I normally still buy non-organic because it's much, much cheaper.

Last edited:
Back