• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

When should you feel guilty for killing zombies?

Killing zombies is always justified, the person is no longer who it was and rather a mindless hunk of flesh trying to kill you which adds to their army.

I'd feel guilty killing any form of life, to be honest. Since zombies are fictional, it's hard for me determine whether or not a zombie would count as a living creature, so I can't really say yes or no to that question.

If someone had invaded your home with a possible threat to kill either yourself or someone else in the household, would you feel guilty for killing them? Not sure if guilty is the right word for this situation but I certainly wouldn't feel good about it.

It's a zombie. If the trope about them is that they are out to kill me, then I will kill them.

That video is hilarious! The perfect response to such a thread. My reply to the topic at hand is as follows: No, for anything an individual believed to represent one's own being would simply cease to be . Unless of course you at the time of this hypothetical situation already believed people to be zombies.

Its only not allowed if you don`t kill them with a fantastic utility weapon, like a golf club or a bowling ball. :)

This is actually a very good question! it's actually a major part in the book series by Jonathan Maberry the first book titled "Rot and Ruin" I really suggest reading it!!!

as far as 'guilt' I wouldn't feel guilty, but I would feel remorse and regret that an apocalypse ever started

They were dead to begin with, so no. Once they're down, they shouldn't be getting back up and if they do, those mofos need to be shot back down >~<

I mean gosh, it's not supposed to be easy or gleeful, but guilt shouldn't necessarily plague someone who's just trying to survive. It would be hard to do if it's a loved one, obviously, but unless there's a cure or a way to de-zombify, meaning they can't go back to human at all then there objectively shouldn't be any guilt. But yeah it's probably pretty hard not to feel remorse about killing someone you know, even if all traces of who they actually are have disappeared and all that's left is a brain hungry zombie.

There really isn't a time when you should feel bad for killing a zombie. They're pretty always going to be trying to kill you, even if they are your family/friends/loved ones. If they are your family/friends/loved ones, as soon as they become a zombie, I no longer consider them your family/friends/loved ones. If given a chance, they'd kill you.

Back