• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

2014 - Year in review

Alolan_Apples

“Assorted” Collector
Bells
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Red Balloon
Banana
Green Cotton Candy
Yule Log
Pumpkin Glow Wand
Bee Plush
Frost Easter Egg
Purple Candy
White Tulip
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Okay, so we know 2014 is coming to an end, so if you like to discuss what you did this year, you can use this thread to talk about what you did each month this year. You don't have to name everything you done. You can name the other stuff.

Questions:

What did you like best about 2014?
What new movies did you watch?
What new games did you buy?
What did you do in ACNL in 2014?
Is there anything else to add?

Please keep this thread on-topic and about your experience in 2014, not previous years unless if you want to bring up connections from the past.

What did you like best about 2014? I went on a school trip so it was a good experience.
What new movies did you watch? Brave, I don't really go to the movies that much or watch Netflix often.
What new games did you buy? Nothing.
What did you do in ACNL in 2014? I did a lot considering I time travel and restart a lot. I actually just restarted again just now. In one of my towns, I was close to being finished before I realized I hated the town layout so I restarted it.
Is there anything else to add? Not really..

For me, personally, it was a pretty ****ty year.

Last edited:
Nothing. 2014 was literally the worst ****ing year of my life, even worse than 2010, which is saying something.

I watched some movie, don't remember what it was called. it was some plane thing and there was some psycho and it had jayma mays in it that's all i remember. I also saw Rio 2 and Little Shop of Horrors. that's all. I'm not a big movie guy.

I can't remember? MK8, hyrule warriors? Omega Ruby?

Stopped playing

**** off 2014

What did you like best about 2014? Pokemon OR/SA was released on the day of my graduation lmao.
What new movies did you watch? PMMM the Movie: Rebellion. My heart will never heal RIP me
What new games did you buy? Fantasy Life
What did you do in ACNL in 2014? I've been kinda neglecting my first town since I was addicted to playing Fantasy Life and DN at that time. I ended up restarting few times so my current town is relatively new (and poor) atm.
Is there anything else to add? Nah

What did you like best about 2014? The fact that everyone close to me was finally able to get along.
What new movies did you watch? I don't watch many movies...Um, I went to see Annabelle.
What new games did you buy? Tomodachi Life, Professor Layton VS Phoenix Wright, SSB4, Pok?mon Alpha Sapphire, Fantasy Life, Ace Attorney Trilogy...I think that's all.
What did you do in ACNL in 2014? I got a lot of items that I wanted.
Is there anything else to add? Aside from a painfully long week in October waiting for my cat to return home from his surgery (he had bladder stones), 2014 was a pretty good year. :)

Last edited:
What did you like best about 2014?: My tumblr blog got a lot of attention, and that was mostly my art that helped.
What new movies did you watch?: Not that much, but they're all good.
What new games did you buy?: A lot of stuff from Nintendo
What did you do in ACNL in 2014?: Well, I made a new town....made new friends...and joined this site......I think.
Is there anything else to add? Man, this year was the greatest...sooo much better than last year. Especially around the Fall-Winter areas, that's where I really took off.

Last edited:
What did you like best about 2014? Ebola-Chan
What new movies did you watch? I don't watch movies much
What new games did you buy? Tomodachi Life,ssb4,kirby td etc.
What did you do in ACNL in 2014? get a hell ton of rare stuff then reset it all away
Is there anything else to add? no

Last edited:
Nicki Minaj's Anaconda, everything else was bad

I don't remember, I'm inclined to say I didn't watch any but I might have, they were probably just so mediocre I can't even recall them now.

Fantasy Life, Captain Toad, Smash Wii U, Mario 3D World, NES Remix, Mario Kart 8, Hyrule Warriors, Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga on VC, Kirby's Dream Collection: Special Edition, the Wii versions of Pikmin of 1&2, Super Mario All Stars Wii, got New Super Mario Bros U and Game & Wario for free during promotions. Been a good year for game buying at least, now I know where all my money goes.

Started to finish my town renovations, then stopped with items scattered all over the dang place. Took my longest hiatus from the game at a month and 1 day, broke it to participate in the fair. lol

Last edited:
Made new friends, got in touch with old friends.
x-men days of future past, divergent, mockingjay, annabelle, deliver us from evil, maleficent, 22 jump street, maze runner. probs more
don't think i really bought any new games this year
reset my town
uh

What did you like best about 2014? The fact that I dropped my cegep. I did all of the classes from my Computer Science Technology but the literature ones. The latter are not even related to what I actually need to do. This is when I began realizing that the education system sucked in North America, even in Canada. Actually, scratch that one. The education system was in fact designed around the 18th century, to essentially turn a student into a product. It worked well in the past, but now real life doesn't work like that anymore and this education system is alienating people instead of properly educating them. What's worse is, the system did barely evolved since its inception.
At last, I'm finally free from the glorified daycare center! Though, arguing on how outdated the education system really is very complicated to do so right now, so I'll be saving for another topic.

What new movies did you watch? I hardly watch them lately, so I don't exactly remember even a couple of the movies I saw.

What new games did you buy? I bought more than 35 games this year, and I might get more during the holidays. Naming all of these games would a bit daunting for us, so I'll name a few of them instead.
I got Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U, Shovel Knight, Hyrule Warriors and Fire Emblem: Awakening. A list of my most recent purchases can be found in my Backloggery Account's Memory Card section.

What did you do in ACNL in 2014? Nothing much here, especially due of the fact I've played a lot on the Japanese version of the same game back in late 2012. I'm not even bothering to progress even further at this point. I wouldn't mind something new about the Animal Crossing franchise in the next year, though.

Is there anything else to add? I'd say that this year was amazing for any gamer to be in, especially those who own 3DS and Wii U. Though, there's not much going on elsewhere in real life. Seems like I need to tone down the hours I spend on having my face staring at the screen, but I tend to procrastinate. I should try planning ahead of time on what I should do next. Maybe I'll have an impression that I'll do a lot of thing eventually. Hope 2015 will be fruitful for me!

I'm gonna edit the questions a bit

This is a hard one - there were lots of exciting new music and other cultural goods, lots of exciting political ventures and a couple plane crashings. Pre much there weren't too many slow news days.

What's the best new movie you've watched?
The wind rises!!!!!!!!!!! omg

What's the best new game you bought?
I got a wii u after a long time of thinking about it, so probably mariokart 8, this is definately the year of the wii u/ the year of nintendo's triumph, and that is pretty exciting

lol um nothing really, I did make a new character recently just for fun, but haven't really played much

idk I might think of something

What did you like best about 2014? 2014 was the worst for me there was nothing good. execpt for the fact that I made new friends
What new movies did you watch? Guardians of the Galaxy, Annie, Wild and a lot more idk.
What new games did you buy? I can't remember them all.
What did you do in ACNL in 2014? Played it and never touched it again.
Is there anything else to add? 2014 was the worst year of my life.

Last edited:
I got to go roller skating a few times and I loved it.
I think Frozen was it.
Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U, AC:NL, Tomodachi Life, Hyrule Warriors, Mario Kart 8, Little Inferno, Windwaker HD (omg too many i dont even think this is it)
Pretty much reset twice and now working hard. Put down paths and PWPs.
nah mang

Last edited:
I finally graduated from something. It was fantastic to finally finish a stage in my education - although it probably should have happened years before college. I never finished primary or high school. I feel like for this reason alone I should have attended the graduation ceremony but I didn't. I'd worked at the previous year's one as a camera operator on behalf the college marketing team and knew to expect it to be awful.

I also finally made it to university. :D I've been wanting to apply since I left school in 2009 but I just never had the grades or references necessary. I had to do the first two years of higher education elsewhere, so I entered my degree at third year, but I'm really loving the course. :)

I didn't see any "new" movies in terms of recent stuff, but I did see a lot of movies for the first time. I spent the spring and summer exploring Disney's filmography (I don't think I'd seen more than one or two films made after the 90s) and the autumn watching a lot of 60s-70s Hollywood films.

• Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies
  • Final Fantasy X/X-2
  • Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  • New Super Mario Bros. Wii U
  • Mario Kart 8
  • The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker [FREE]
  • Pikmin 3
  • Sid Meier's Civilization V
  • Hakuoki: Memories of the Shinsengumi
  • Final Fantasy: Theatrhythm: Curtain Call
  • Hyrule Warriors
  • Fantasy Life
  • Assasin's Creed: Rogue
  • Super Smash Bros. 4 3DS [SOLD]
  • Super Smash Bros. 4 Wii U
  • Pok?mon Alpha Sapphire
  • Kingdom Hearts 2.5
  • Samurai Warriors 4 [CHRISTMAS]
  • Shadow Warrior [CHRISTMAS]
  • Sleeping Dogs [CHRISTMAS]
  • Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker [ORDERED]
I may still end up buying Rune Factory 4 before the year is out too. >.> I haven't played much of the games in the second half of the list yet (like 10-20hrs each), due to time constraints, but after my final assignment is submitted I've over a month off until the new semester begins. :p

I finished laying down paths. Nothing else particularly significant. I've been considering re-starting tbh. I've had my town since June 13th 2013.

This year has gone way too quickly.

Sooo many nintendo releases.
Guardians of the Galaxy, Intersteller, Captain America The Winter Soldier, The Amazing Spider Man 2, X-Men Days of Future Past.
Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U, AC:NL, Hyrule Warriors, Mario Kart 8, Windwaker HD, ORAS, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Link Between Worlds, Shovel Knight, Wii Sports Club, Fantasy Life, Super Mario 3D World, Professor Layton and the Miracle's Mask, BRAVELY DEFAULT!!!, Kirby Triple Deluxe, and yes ALL in 2014. First time I've ever bought these many games, many I bought on tbt.
Almost nothing lmao

What did you like best about 2014? nothing
What new movies did you watch? idk??
What new games did you buy? mairo karrt 8
What did you do in ACNL in 2014? well i started again cuz my 3ds got wet ://
Is there anything else to add? new year new me :))))

What did you like best about 2014? - idk it was a good year
What new movies did you watch? - Big Hero 6, I think The Lego Movie, and The Maze Runner. THere's probably more tho haha
What new games did you buy? - Pokemon Y and ACNL, both for my birthday. Oh yeah, Mario Kart 8 and Pikmin 3 as a free bonus along with t.
What did you do in ACNL in 2014? - Everything!
Is there anything else to add? - HMMMMMMMMMMM

- That I got a PS Vita and got rid of my 3ds and its games, and that I got to see a special person
- More like what old movies did I watch and that was quite a lot.
- Neptunia and some other animu stuff
- Got rid of the game lolol

I hate the people who keep saying "2014 was the worst omg let's go 2015"

even though in a year's time it'll be "2015 was the worst omg let's go 2016"

Back