• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Idea for the next Animal Crossing game.

This might sound stupid, but maybe decorate cedar trees...? But it only has to be cedar trees you planted during the snowy season. Any trees planted before or after the snowy season just gets lights on them. I don't know, just popped up in my had... And the Nooklings can sell decorations at their shop

I like the ideas about having an abd in re-tail, seperate storage for fruit and tools (maybe add in turnips), being able to order stuff off the laptop after the stores close, being able to hang animal pics on the wall, having shelves that can display more than two items, and all that other stuff about pumpkins and Christmas lights on houses.

I like the ideas about having an abd in re-tail, seperate storage for fruit and tools (maybe add in turnips), being able to order stuff off the laptop after the stores close, being able to hang animal pics on the wall, having shelves that can display more than two items, and all that other stuff about pumpkins and Christmas lights on houses.

I really like those ideas! :) I also wish there were more non-fruit trees like aspens, as well as new pwps, new house exteriors/themes, bigger maps, and a way to place villager plots and to prevent them from moving when you are gone for longer stretches of time.

I think that they should add a auction house as a PWP.
Sometimes the blue banner thingie would come up and say like:

An auction beggins in one minute, *villager's* item is being sold at *price*

or something like that

IDK I've thought of that for quite the time now :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

And more of everything

Furniture, clothes, villagers, PWP's and most important more QR-pattern spots! xD

oh and more control over game by the mayor (for instance: getting villagers out after 3 complaints, full list of PWP at beginning or after a certain hours in the game, where to plant plots,...)

The only thing I really want is to be able to decide where villagers place their houses.

I honestly feel like if that feature was in NL, I'd have gotten twice as much gameplay out of it. Instead, I found I was forcing myself to play daily to make sure no one would move out, and then the next resident would put their house in a crap spot...

So please give us a feature to decide where our houses go so I don't get bored as quickly

I really wanted to be able to put a house on the beach in this game. Hopefully the next will let us lol.

Hair that goes down to your character's butt
Because let's be honest here
Me and me really need that

This might sound stupid, but maybe decorate cedar trees...? But it only has to be cedar trees you planted during the snowy season. Any trees planted before or after the snowy season just gets lights on them. I don't know, just popped up in my had... And the Nooklings can sell decorations at their shop

That was possible in WW, sort of.
The cedar trees would have lights on them during the winter :D

I think there should be blizards where you can only see a little ways ahead of you and, have snow drifts that act just like pit-fall seeds.

- - - Post Merge - - -

They should have bikes that you can ride around on, but they'll cause lots of grass deterioration. Also I missed having to work for Tom Nook. The player should be able to work for the postal service to deliver packages. It would make more sense working for the post office than working for Tom Nook.

Can...

Can they just make it so that when you have no new donations and no fossils...

Blathers will STOP TALKING TO YOU! AFSDFGKIEAGAE

Ah the impatience.

I'm hoping that we get the Sports Fair back from the original, but you can actually participate in the events rather than just watching them.

This. So much this. Also I want the cherry festival back too.

- - - Post Merge - - -

AND I want Christmas lights soso badly. I want to be able to decorate my house and all the villagers and buildings could be decorated too. *sigh*

Last edited:
A lot of these ideas sound awesome c:

I think it'd be pretty nice if they gave you either more pattern slots or made it so you could store them somehow, or something.
Also making other items stackable the way fruit is, like fossils, mushrooms, even fish would be so helpful.

I agree there could be more hairstyles and stuff, but even more than that I'd love it if they let you pick your skintone in the game as well, or just make your character customizable from the beginning the way other DS games are doing it now.

Grass seeds to control the growth of grass or vice versa. And you get a price for buying a certain amount (like when you buy a certain amount of stuff at Leif's, you get a gold/silver tool).

A lot of these ideas sound awesome c:

I think it'd be pretty nice if they gave you either more pattern slots or made it so you could store them somehow, or something.

Storing pattern slots at the Able Sisters in a book on the counter perhaps? It would give Sable more interactions. The book may also be intractable with guests and other human citizens in your town so they can share or take your patterns. Would probably have a finite amount-- but still fairly large, say 100 slots in a book for your town. Then you can also switch up patterns too from your inventory-- but it would still have same mechanics. If you put a tile down with an old fabric and a new fabric takes its slot, the tile shall be with the new design.

Last edited:
I want there to be 2 new colors included in the palette for the pattern designer:
Skin and Grass!
So that those colors would automatically apply to the object it is applied to! Dresses showing skin would work on all tanned skintypes, and you wouldn't need to change to color of your paths when the seasons change...

Clear patterns/color. By that, I mean that it will be see-through. For example, if you lay a pattern on the ground, and part of it is clear, the grass underneath would be visible. That would really help in making paths.

(okay, I'm not sure if that made any sense.)

Back