• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Science fair project Ideas?

ObeseMudkipz

In the Shadows
Bells
Switch
8101-2869-2219
New Horizons Token
New Horizons Token
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
New Leaf Token
Green Candy
Yellow Candy
Jingle Christmas Doll
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Voodoo Doll
I suck at coming up with ideas and the ones online are always done by someone at my school. I am in 8th grade so don't want those grade 12 projects :p

wow youre 2 grades below me i thought you were older
is it a specific science class? im seventh, i did the coloured water leads to coloured flowers one. kids had done turbines and water wheels.

wow youre 2 grades below me i thought you were older
is it a specific science class? im seventh, i did the coloured water leads to coloured flowers one. kids had done turbines and water wheels.

Haha I bet most people thought I was older :p
Not specific science class. We just need to follow the scientific method

I had the same issue in Elementary School.You can do a experiment with Liquid Nitrogen if that's not too..pricey,Just don't do rock candy or rocks /(#__#)\ They are boring to make and set up as

If you're only doing a science fair to help you understand the scientific method, then just do something easy like "Which material serves as the best insulation?"

lol, im in 7th grade joining science club, so i need that too, but not really i already figured out what i was going to do. just google science fair projects, there is how to make quicksand, tornado in a bottle, how to make lightning, its really cool, but i don't know the site. Hope this helped!

If you're only doing a science fair to help you understand the scientific method, then just do something easy like "Which material serves as the best insulation?"

Oh I know the scientific method already. Been doing this since grade 4. Also I think my friends doing that :p

I did a project about which cleaning solutions work best with a certain stain

Is it for like a competition?

I did "Effects of Inattentional blindness" for my project. It's super easy. Pretty much there's this video online called inattentional blindness - it's a bunch of guys playing basketball and there's a random gorilla that walks by in the middle of the vid. The participant is to count the number of players on both teams and the experiment is to see whether they notice the gorilla or not. You can test different age groups, gender, etc to see how your results come out.

:)

Is it for like a competition?

I did "Effects of Inattentional blindness" for my project. It's super easy. Pretty much there's this video online called inattentional blindness - it's a bunch of guys playing basketball and there's a random gorilla that walks by in the middle of the vid. The participant is to count the number of players on both teams and the experiment is to see whether they notice the gorilla or not. You can test different age groups, gender, etc to see how your results come out.

:)

Seems interesting. Especially since there's a gorilla :p. I've been thinking about doing something wit antacids and how they work and how they react in lemon juice

Could you do psychological experiments? Psychology could be considered a science.

You could try to test the limits people will go to conform. Have a bunch of people you know do an action such as facing a wall/pointing to a tree even though nothing is there. See how many people stop by and copy. Afterwards you can bump it up by doing even crazier actions such as dancing or standing on one foot or experimenting with how many initial people can perform the action before someone stops by.

Last edited:
Comb your hair, put it against faucet water..science!

My BFF helped her bro do that project. It's been awhile, so I can't help much sorry.

Best of luck though.

In 5th grade, I did a science project on whether hot water or cold water freezes into ice cubes faster. It's a very simple and straightforward project that can perfectly demonstrate the scientific method, and best of all, all the materials you need are typical household items. I really recommend it!

Oh boy. I think the only science experiment I did involved something with raisins floating in various liquids? This was in elementary school though. I'd just Google / look around for ideas elsewhere, you're likely to find something interesting.

Back