• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What's the last movie you've seen?

my friend and i went to see night swim a while ago with the expectation that it would be so bad it was funny, but instead it was just bad. don't go to see night swim.
It's actually already on the list of worst movies of 2024. I never saw it because my co-worker told me it was a waste of a free movie

I think it’s been since December since I watch a movie now that I think about it. Me and a friend did a Christmas movie binge for the holidays. I don’t remember the last one that we watch, but it consisted on Elf, Rankin and Bass’s Rudolph the red nose reindeer, and Santa Claus is Coming to Town. Also some Christmas episodes of old Cartoon Network shows like Ed, Edd and Eddy, Foster, and Billy and Mandy.

The last movie that I saw in the movie theater was Argyle and it was awful, I really would not suggest people see it. I am not sure if my huor just isn't that type of humor but it was so ridiculous and unenjoyable. The only good thing about the movie was the cat, I love cats.

The last movie I watched at home was Along Came a Spider which came out in 2001 I think? I really enjoyed it, there were a lot of good actors in it. It was like a thriller movie.

Ruby Gillman, Teenage Kraken.

I really enjoyed this film, the humour was on point and I loved the spin on mermaids being the villain for a change.

Lisa Frankenstein was great, for me I absolutely loved it. It's my kinda movie, and humor. Me and my friend had an absolute blast watching it ♡♡

However it's defently not for everyone. But I highly recommend it for people who like horror comedies, with dark humor, and of course romance 😘 Then I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy it.

Oh, I watched Glass Onion.

I think I liked Knives Out better, but it was still very good.

just finished the devil wears prada. i remember watching it a while ago!! anne hathaway's so pretty

Last Friday, the Shudder streaming service had a Valentine's Day episode of The Last Drive-In with Joe Bob Briggs called Joe Bob's Very Violent Valentine where they showed director Matthew Bright's 1996 movie Freeway, followed by director Richard Wenk's 1986 movie Vamp. I hadn't seen either before and probably wouldn't have heard of Freeway or bothered with Vamp otherwise, so hey. Freeway was interesting, Vamp wasn't all that special but not bad.

Last edited:
I watched two movies with my mom today!

We started with April Fool’s Day (1986). It was my first time watching it, and when I tell you that it’s one of the most ridiculous movies I’ve ever seen… it was so stupid from the moment it started to the moment it ended. All of the characters were annoying and not likeable at all, and I was honestly excited when my mom told me that it was a horror movie and that all of them would end up dying. Only for us to get to the part where we know who the killer is, and they corner one of the last surviving characters while her boyfriend is locked in a room… and it turns out that it was all a big April Fool’s Day joke. Not a single character actually died, and it was Deborah Foreman’s character practicing to start up some sort of whodunit horror experience business. 😭

I wasn’t necessarily surprised by the plot twist. There were a bunch of other pranks that happened earlier in the movie, and the movie’s name is literally April Fool’s Day, so I had definitely considered that it could all end up being a big joke in the end. Plus, the movie was just so unserious, there were too many horror movie cliches, and the killer was acting too unnerving. Not in a way that was actually unnerving, but was just overkill. I honestly should’ve realized from the start that it would all be a prank, but I was honestly hoping that it wouldn’t be. The characters were so unlikeable. 😭 At the end, one of the characters seemingly slit “the killer’s” throat, and I was like oh??? Is it a horror movie after all?? But no, just another prank. 😔

My mom mainly wanted to watch it because Leah Pinsent is in it, and she’s friends with her on Facebook, which she takes pride in. It was a silly movie and not one I’ll likely watch again, but it did admittedly make my mom and I laugh at times, so it gets redemption points for that.

The second movie we watched was Misery (1990)! I have seen it before and did enjoy it, but it’s been so long that it was kind of like watching it for the first time again. 😅 I still enjoyed it! The best character was of course Misery the pig, but Kathy Bates’ acting was enthralling as usual. It’s sad that she’s the only living Misery actor left. Some of the actors that filled smaller roles in the movie might still be around, but I can’t find much info on them and none of them have been in anything in years, so I’m not sure.

My girlfriend and I watched The Truman Show over the weekend. It's one of the movies I always see referenced but hadn't gotten around to watching and I really liked it!

My girlfriend and I watched The Truman Show over the weekend. It's one of the movies I always see referenced but hadn't gotten around to watching and I really liked it!
broooo that movie traumatized the **** outta me. taking my vitamin d in the morning like oh my god what if i'm on the world's most boring tv show

broooo that movie traumatized the **** outta me. taking my vitamin d in the morning like oh my god what if i'm on the world's most boring tv show
It is terrifying but I take solace in the fact that if I was the star of a tv show there is no way anybody would be tuning in

Just watched the Avatar the last airbender 2010 live action in preparation for the Netflix show that's coming out. It was... not great. Not that I expected it would be but I suppose it was somewhat fun to make fun of. I didn't know it was so "exposition-y" like they really never heard of "show, don't tell." I guess that's what happens when you try to cram a whole season of a show into an hour and a half long movie but it really would be disappointing if I had gone into it with any hopes to begin with.

The other day I watched the movie "Pig" featuring Nic Cage. He plays a truffle farmer that lives in the woods with his truffle pig, whom he loves. The pig gets stolen, and Nic Cage goes on a quest to find the pig. As he goes on his journey to find the pig, you learn more about the farmers back story, as he is a man of few words and doesn't reveal too much about himself. You learn his story mostly through the lens of the other characters in the film.

It was a pretty good movie. I won't say too much to spoil it, as I think it's one of those that is best to watch with very little information. I did think that it was like, a John Wick inspired story except instead of John Wick it's this truffle farmer. Not quite as badass, but still pretty badass.

I watched quite a bit of movies this month! I might be forgetting one, but here's a list of what I watched:
  • Metalocalypse: Army of the Doomstar (2023) - Watched this on my birthday and I loved it! The music and visuals are nice, plus it's a relief that the series finally has a proper finale.
  • Rango (2011) - I watched this movie when I was a kid, but seeing it now is totally different and it's actually better than I originally thought.
  • A Fistful of Dollars (1964) - It was an okay movie. I thought the sound effects were cheesy but at least it has a nice soundtrack.
  • But I'm a Cheerleader (1999) - ...VERY interesting movie. It was still good, though.
  • A Dog's Purpose (2017) - I didn't finish this one but it was pretty disheartening.
  • South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut (1999) - Just felt like rewatching one of my favorite movies, and it's just as amazing as ever.
  • Belfast (2021) - Didn't finish it, so no comment.
  • One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) - An okay film on its own, but a terrible adaptation of the book.
  • Johnny English Strikes Again (2018) - A great comedy, I loved the scene where the main character was hitting the barista with baguettes. XD

Back