• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What's the last movie you've seen?

Tonight I watched the original Mulan and the live action Mulan to compare the two and just for fun. I had not seen the original since I was a kid but it was basically just what I remembered. It was my first time watching the new 2020 one and although very different I enjoyed it as well.

Today I watched Rurouni Kenshin: The Final on Netflix and it was really good. I've seen all the live-action Rurouni Kenshin movies now and I wish more live-action anime movies were made like this. This is how they should be done.

Rewatched Inside Out! Cried.

Cancer season

A quiet place 2

Pros: A decent sequel to the first one, had its moments (especially the last stand with the 2 siblings was a great scene)
Cons: It lacked the creativity the first one had, so many lazy predictable (jump) scares and seems like each character had a dumb idea to wander off and cause trouble for no reason...

The original version of the new version named the upside (the french version) Just don't remember the name.

Just rewatched the old "spongebob squarepants movie" w/ boyfriend since we've been binging early spongebob lmao

i saw the conjuring 3 tonight, it was like ok i guess?? kinda mad theyre trying to push it as a true story tho lmao, taking a few liberties

Last weekend I watched the 1981 movie Dead & Buried. I'd first heard about it a year or so ago and my interest was piqued since the screenwriter was Dan O'Bannon, who wrote the original Alien and directed by favorite movie of all time: the 1985 movie The Return of the Living Dead. I found Dead & Buried to be a fun little ride with some neat aspects; not the best and not the worst, but an enjoyable way to pass some time.

Last night, after it came to my attention through a conversation with a friend that yesterday was the 30th anniversary of Terminator 2: Judgment Day, I decided to watch both the 1984 movie The Terminator and 1991's Terminator 2: Judgment Day, both from director James Cameron. Somehow, I'd simply never gotten around to watching them and I had already been considering watching them this year, so yesterday's significance gave me enough motivation to finally check them out. Both were quite enjoyable in their own ways; The Terminator with its slasher horror feel, tension, and subtle groundedness, and Terminator 2 with its deeper emotional connections and bigger, flashier, higher budget action.

Last edited:
Watched Elvira Madigan (1967) and The Man on the Roof (1976) last night. Found both dvd's at a second hand store and they're both fantastic in their own ways ❤

I watched Luca and Raya and The Last Dragon the other day! I thought they were both really cute. I'm not sure if I'm totally in love with either, I'm not sure if I'd want to own them on DVD (I love DVDs I know some people don't but oh well) but I did enjoy them while I watched them. I'll probably give Raya and The Last Dragon another re-watch before my Disney expires because I had to pause it a few times (I was sorting some laundry into my sewing room, had to make & eat supper, etc) so watching it in a disjointed manner might be why I don't have a better opinion on them.

242639_large.jpg

I watched Gregory's Girl(1980) which is about a geeky Scottish teenager who falls in love with his female football teammate.It's been one of my favorites ever since I watched it a zillion times on HBO back in the day.They released a newly restored Blu Ray last year and it's a big improvement over the original DVD release.

Black Widow.

A fantastic and well deserved film for the long-standing and much beloved heroine of the MCU.

Cruella, which was laughably bad at some parts and boring at others. It had no business being over 2 hours long.

Till Death, which surprised me. It was pretty okay, actually.

Mobile Suit Gundam Hathaway, which was great! It had lots of unique direction approaches.

Censor, which I thought was alright! I liked the ambiguity.

Last edited:
Back