• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Pokémon Pokemon General

I'm completely new to IV training and such on Pok?mon. I read up on a guide about how it works but I'm still clueless. I found an Eevee in the grass and my DexNav said it had 3 star potential. If I remember right (as my 3DS isn't on right now and I'm too lazy to get it) the Eevee I caught is level 19 and its stats were something like 35 attack, 31 speed, 31 special attack with the other stats being around 25~27.

From what I saw on the guide, the stats being 31 is good? Like I said, I'm new to this and I don't understand it so... can anyone tell me if my Eevee is considered good or not because I seriously don't know.

Probably not the place to post this really but I don't really want to make a whole thread just for this one question.

Last edited:
I'm completely new to IV training and such on Pok?mon. I read up on a guide about how it works but I'm still clueless. I found an Eevee in the grass and my DexNav said it had 3 star potential. If I remember right (as my 3DS isn't on right now and I'm too lazy to get it) the Eevee I caught is level 19 and its stats were something like 35 attack, 31 speed, 31 special attack with the other stats being around 25~27.

From what I saw on the guide, the stats being 31 is good? Like I said, I'm new to this and I don't understand it so... can anyone tell me if my Eevee is considered good or not because I seriously don't know.

Probably not the place to post this really but I don't really want to make a whole thread just for this one question.

Watch this

Its quite long but this is literally the only video that helped me understand it.

I'm completely new to IV training and such on Pok?mon. I read up on a guide about how it works but I'm still clueless. I found an Eevee in the grass and my DexNav said it had 3 star potential. If I remember right (as my 3DS isn't on right now and I'm too lazy to get it) the Eevee I caught is level 19 and its stats were something like 31 attack, 31 speed, 31 special attack with the other stats being around 25~27.

You can use an IV calculator to find out what its IVs are (like Serebii's, located here). IVs are invisible in the game, and won't show up in any status screen. You also can't increase a Pokemon's IVs - once the Pokemon has been generated (like at the start of a wild encounter, being hatched, gifted, etc.), the IVs are set for that individual Pokemon. You can breed for better ones, which is a lot easier in the 6th gen (especially in OR/AS), but that also means you'll have to retrain all the EVs and whatnot.

Gonna be breeding for a shiny Pidgey. May sound stupid at first, but...
pidgeot-mega.gif

Yep, you guessed it. :p

Serebii.net ‏@SerebiiNet 3m3 minutes ago

Serebii Update: New Japanese events announced: Unova starters with their Hidden Abilities to come in the next month http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

gimme dat contrary snivy pls

- - - Post Merge - - -

Serebii.net ‏@SerebiiNet 1m1 minute ago

Serebii Update: A Pikachu is to be distributed in a Pok?mon Caf? in Shibuya from next month http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

It's not coming. That model in the battle resort is an Easter egg and not a hint on what's to come.

Wow, I didn't know you worked for Game Freak!
Please tell me more!

But yeaaaaaaah I don't think that's certain and I'm keeping the hope alive fam

hey reindeer guess what
its my birthday and you have to buy me a mint 2DS >:-(

i logged onto AS + Y just to see the little confetti and cake things in the pokecenter haha
im terrible i havent played pokemon in a week

It's not from ORAS :L I don't see why it shrinks in value

I won't mind if it wasn't from oras

It declines because it is more likely to have been powersaved but if you caught it legit by yourself then people would buy it but people usually prefer it to have the Pentagon

Back