• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Pet Peeves?

Siobhan

Bells
Does anybody have pet peeves when it comes to visiting dream towns? Like, nothing that ruins the town for you, but just small annoyances? Of course, anybody can do what they want with their town, I'm not trying to say that they can't. Please don't make this thread into a place to spread hate about specific users' towns. I just wanted to see what other people's opinions are, and what common peeves are, so I can keep them in consideration when making my town.
For me, Marshal has turned into a bit of an annoyance. Like, he's cute and all, but he's in every single town I visit. I'd like to see some other smugs get some love, you feel?
Also, on the flip side, what do you like to see in other towns? I personally love natural towns, with minimal pathing and lots of trees and flowers!

I don't like towns that put flowers everywhere because then I always worry about ruining them and getting scolded because that's what would happen if I visited the regular town opposed to the DA T.T

Your Marshal thing but with Merengue, I seem to come across her more than Marshal and I'm just like 'ehhh' every time I see her now lol
Also I prefer when the presents/outfits in dream towns aren't gift wrapped but thats just because I get impatient having to keep opening the menu to see what something is. Lots of people like that detail though and it does look cute, so. :p

I don't like when towns randomly group flowers. Maybe it's cause I'm OCD, but I like to group my flowers by alternating colors and putting like things together and making them look neat and pretty. Some people are like "Well, guess I'll use every flower in my town to line my paths in no particular order. Overall with anything, paths, trees, bushes, flowers, etc I like them to be neat. I can't do towns that are just a random mixture of things strewn out everywhere. It bothers my brain. My town is very neat. I need to update my DA again but I'm waiting on some perfect trees in a certain area to die, and still hoping Freckles will move. Soon.

The way the path patterns look in the distance really annoys me lol
They kinda get really blurry and look like they're floating of the ground a little.

I don't like patterns EVERYWHERE with like literally no visible grass (that doesn't have flowers or a tree on it)which seems to be the trend nowadays. I also don't like unorganized flowers like this.

Messy villager houses... Villagers wearing ugly shirts...
Oh and rooms with lots of items in them. Like, no space between the items. Just a bunch of items clustered together. I've seen that a few times.

And I like it when people put different series together in their rooms and customize furniture with clothing to match the room.

The way the path patterns look in the distance really annoys me lol
They kinda get really blurry and look like they're floating of the ground a little.
Same here, that's like the main reason I cannot use paths/stand to look at them. They just look so fake @_@

For a while, I was visiting horror towns every night and posting about them on my Tumblr. I might start doing that again once I get the Dream Suite in my new town. Anyway, since I only visited horror towns, there were several things that began to be annoyances for me... Dollies, for example. I'm sorry but I think the dolly is adorable, but they're always put in horror towns! :C

I can't stand people who put random flowers EVERYWHERE. I find it really ugly. ; paths everywhere with no apparent grass + ugly paths ( with no borders).

I think I hate when I go to someone's town and they've spent a whole lot of time working on the outside, but then I go into their house and it's like, wow, this is so bare and disappointing.

I go a little OCD if things aren't aligned properly and the placement of paths / flower / etc. are thrown together with no rhyme or reason.
And maybe it's just me but I'm a little tired of all the cutesy fairytale extremely light pastel everywhere towns. Although it's nice when well done, it kinda hurts my eyes and the novelty kinda wears off after the ten thousandth supercutesykawaiidesudesu town.

Same with the ugly borderless paths, they make me shudder.. Or when they place paths over the stone areas when you know darn well that there's a square in front of the doorway that you can't put the path on, yet they ignore it and it just looks bad >.< and same with the uncoordinated flowers. I also get ticked if the flowers don't match the house? Maybe I'm crazy haha but I mean I put purple roses in front of Diana's house, red cosmos in front of Beau's, pink tulips in front of Flora's.. It just looks nice IMO.

I like to see a variety of towns and rooms.mi especially love it when several sets of furniture have been mixed to create an original room.

I personally like paths of any width. In dream towns I just run like crazy with no fear of flowers! I love that :)

I don't like it when there's no outfit to wear. I like to take pics and the pajamas get old.

I personally think the gift wrap looks nicer than piles of clothes and foods and toys everywhere, though. I use it in my own town as well because then it doesn't count as "trash."

My favorite towns have organized flowers and lots of pwps.

I get irked off when people use repetitive one set paths or have one set rooms because I'm obsessed with mixing stuff. I also can't stand seeing alot of empty grass and messy tree placement. 1 tile paths drive me nuts especially if it's laid out really messy and has alot of turns like jesus just buy an axe and chop that tree down instead of doing a turn >:C

Edit : Just remembered another one. I can't stand seeing a bare town square please for the love of god put paths on it if you use any. It's the first thing I see when I come into a town and it's just ugh. It's a waste of an area that could be made pretty with paths too :c

I love seeing people mix things up and have villagers I personally adore but didn't take for my town like Broffina. I also really like detailed stuff even if it's over the top.

Last edited:
You guys are hard to please.lol.
I can't stand a cluttered house with a bunch of random furniture that doesn't match.
Towns with too many trees and bushes bother me too.I feel like I can't move.
I also like to see flowers neatly placed.

Most of the time I just enjoy what's there.

I get tired of seeing the exact same popular villagers in every town though.
It's not my town though, so I really shouldn't complain.

It also drives me nuts when paths end up hanging off the edge of a cliff or something. ;w;

Back