• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Pet Peeves?

I like to visit all the different towns. It doesn't bother me what they have done or not done, because it's their game and I'm just there to visit. I like visiting the villagers and to see how they've chosen to layout their town. I like my town to have a natural feel to it, so no one would like it :). I only have one north/south path from the train station to Retail and the beach. Then one east/west path for the cafe and town hall.

... Okay I feel so ashamed right now but... Can anyone explain what a pet peeve is? >_< Is it something that bothers you a lot for no rational reason?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Huh okay I understood - I think. So, no, I don't have any pet peeve that I can think of.

Towns that got left behind to rot after 10-20 hours of gameplay.

I mean, why even bother getting a dream address? Or the Dream Suite for that matter...

Last edited:
Towns that got left to rot after 10 hours of gameplay.

I mean, why even bother getting a dream address?

I actually agree with this. When I come across a town like this I feel 'Meh. Not interesting.'

I agree with the person who put seeing the same kawaiidesu towns constantly. It's sort of irritating finding the same Fairy-taled pink and white flower kawaiidesu girl with pink hair and bun with blue eyes or a tiara with the same villagers cherry blossom peach town I think Lin from LinandKo had this sort of town. It's very cliche and overused and I hate how bout 80% of these towns barely have any trees. It's mostly patterns, flowers, and PWPs.

I agree with the person who put seeing the same kawaiidesu towns constantly. It's sort of irritating finding the same Fairy-taled pink and white flower kawaiidesu girl with pink hair and bun with blue eyes or a tiara with the same villagers cherry blossom peach town I think Lin from LinandKo had this sort of town. It's very cliche and overused and I hate how bout 80% of these towns barely have any trees. It's mostly patterns, flowers, and PWPs.

Should've put that in my post too, couldn't agree more.

It's not really a pet peeve, but sometimes I wonder how the people with paths and PWPs and flowers in almost every space enjoy the game anymore. There's no room to run and mess around. It looks pretty, but I would get so bored if my town was like that.

f* paths.

They look so unnatural to me. Especially the really ornate, pink, candy whatever the f- kind of paths. Like, I don't like that sense of perfection.

I'll throw up if I see another pastel town.

Y'all would really hate my town if you paid it a visit, though, too. So. There's that.

I understand the "cliche" feeling people get, but I've seen enough towns that by now they are ALL pretty cliche. Paths, no paths, flowers, no flowers, horror, fairy-tale, Dr. Who or any other popular icon-ish thing, natural look, pathed alot...all of it. Everything has been done, pretty much, imo, that CAN be done. Only so much can be done with this game and only so much can be designed. After a while nothing and no villager is really "original" anymore.

You just have to make your town to please yourself and nobody else, unless that is your aim. Then, I think, it will be a real challenge to come up with something truly novel. I'd love to see something truly novel. So far I haven't. I still enjoy seeing towns, tho, don't get me wrong, but none of them strikes me as anything out of the ordinary as far as AC is concerned.

Hmm...maybe that's my pet peeve. People expecting novel when there won't be. At least not often.

Last edited:
I guess a pet peeve of mine is how some people decorate their flowers (Not to be rude or anything) But I really don't like when people mix like roses and tulips together/Lilies and violets, etc. I don't know, it just annoys me because I like to put all the same kinds in an area like roses and roses, etc, I have all kinds of flowers in my town (Not really cosmos though) But I separate the types

I don't like it when people put lilies and violets together. Part of me wonders, if they know that there's a difference. I'm sure they do, but I still have to wonder. Other than that, I appreciate any work that people put into their towns, because any work in the game is hard work. It's difficult to make your town "perfect". We all know this. Even more difficult to let people come over and know they're judging and comparing.

I think my only real pet peeves are 1, mixing flower types and/or having them spread out randomly with having no sense of pattern and 2, having several tree stumps. I understand having 2 or 3 around town to catch certain bugs but other than that I think it's excessive. Other than that, I really don't care what I see in the dream suite :)

Stop making your paths so tiny and so darn confusing! Where am I supposed to walk? What's the point of fake pathy stream things? Why do your bush lines make no sense at all? Where are all the darn trees?
No, I'm pretty sure there are other types of fruit than perfect ones...
Can I please see a different time of year, the sakura thing is getting really old now.
Oh hi, Marshal. Hi, Beau. Hi, Merengue. Hi, Zucker. Haven't seen you all since the last time I went to any dreamtown ever, how's it goin'?
Didn't I visit this one a second ago, or is every town the exact same?
Why does every horror town revolve around a dolly and Hypno K.K.?
Why did you even buy a Dream Suite if you pretty much threw your game out the next day?
Can we please have some variety in your flowers? I'd like to see some new combinations besides the same ol' rose and lily things.
Let's see, Sloppy set, Weeding Day set, princess set, sleek, modern wood, mermaid, food, alpine, great. ANYTHING ELSE?!
Your bow hair wig and your sweater dress. Are you a clone of the last 2,358 mayors I've seen or is everyone a clone of Lady Gaga?
Totoro. Totoro EVERYWHERE.
Too much kawaii. Last time I checked, this was a dream town, not Pixie Hollow.

Last edited:
Oh, I thought of another thing. When people have pattern mules and they don't do anything to their houses. Like, I hate walking into an empty tent/house. I also hate when people don't give them actual names. Sometimes I'll go to a dream town and their pattern mule is named "EEEEEEEE" and the house is empty and they didn't even bother to dress them. I mean ... yuck? I know that character is just a pattern mule, but they're still part of your town, and should have some effort put into them. Imo.

If y'all get peeved over flowers not matching, I think we have some vast creative differences.

No, I'm pretty sure there are other types of fruit than perfect ones...

...are you literally hating on someone having perfect fruit.

Or are you just

jelly. GAHAHA!

...are you literally hating on someone having perfect fruit.

Or are you just

jelly. GAHAHA!

Heheheh, I wasn't hating on folks that have perfect fruit, I'm hating on folks that only have one type of fruit in their town, specifically perfect, and there's no other type, exception being like one indifferent fruit tree with the normal native or something. Weird, but I'm pretty sure I've seen it happen before.

Oh, I thought of another thing. When people have pattern mules and they don't do anything to their houses. Like, I hate walking into an empty tent/house. I also hate when people don't give them actual names. Sometimes I'll go to a dream town and their pattern mule is named "EEEEEEEE" and the house is empty and they didn't even bother to dress them. I mean ... yuck? I know that character is just a pattern mule, but they're still part of your town, and should have some effort put into them. Imo.

Lol in my town I have 3 characters and 1 is a tent house on purpose. I'm making tht tent into a camping tent. So would you get irritated if the tent was used for this sort of purpose? Just wondering.

holy wow some of you complain about everything.
I know it's an opinion thread but CHRIST.
HAS ANY DREAM TOWN SATISFIED YOU EVER?

Back