• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Information Desk: Ask questions about the site here!

I can see why the paint shooters have dominated Bell Tree. Can you splatter paint all over the tan backgrounds of the posts too?

I can see why the paint shooters have dominated Bell Tree. Can you splatter paint all over the tan backgrounds of the posts too?

^This would be pretty cool. A Splatoon forum skin!

Unrelated note: can't wait to get Splatoon for my birthday in two days! Nintendo totally just caters to me. Same thing happened with Mario Kart 8 last year.

You know, there's a theory that Splatoon takes place in an alternative universe in which Mario doesn't succeed in Super Mario Sunshine.

You know, there's a theory that Splatoon takes place in an alternative universe in which Mario doesn't succeed in Super Mario Sunshine.

there is also a theory that i am a pre-teen 11 yr old girl living in my moms basement

How come some of the users have different colored names in the Current Active Users on the bottom?

How come some of the users have different colored names in the Current Active Users on the bottom?

Black = regular user
Blue = moderator
Red = administrator
Green = retired staff member
Brown = banned
Gray = cursed (during Halloween only)

Black = regular user
Blue = moderator
Red = administrator
Green = retired staff member
Brown = banned
Gray = cursed (during Halloween only)

Also, I believe that some users with green usernames are very old members. I think it had something to do with when the forum switched from ZetaBoards to vBulletin, though I could be wrong.

Also, I believe that some users with green usernames are very old members. I think it had something to do with when the forum switched from ZetaBoards to vBulletin, though I could be wrong.

Although I wasn't a member back then, I was already knowing about the site's history very well. Not all members registered before 2011 were staff members, but it was true that older members were able to have 150x150 avatars.

Learning about TBT's history was pretty interesting.

Although I wasn't a member back then, I was already knowing about the site's history very well. Not all members registered before 2011 were staff members, but it was true that older members were able to have 150x150 avatars.

I know, right? It just goes to show how strong a community it really is.

Why was I so stupid back then :(

All "green names" aka Sages were once mods or admins!

Really? I'm sure I read somewhere that old members got green names, or at least something to do with their appearances as members.

They were probably referring to the Sages years back, like 2004-2006 or something. We reused the color and name of the group, but it didn't always mean retired staff like it does now. It used to mean kind of like a VIP / honored member.

They were probably referring to the Sages years back, like 2004-2006 or something. We reused the color and name of the group, but it didn't always mean retired staff like it does now. It used to mean kind of like a VIP / honored member.

Oh, that must have been it. Good to know I'm not going crazy!

I learn something new everyday. Thanks for helping.

Also, to those concerned that admins can read your PMs, they're only capable of that if they have access to the vBulletin database, and I doubt Jer does. You need to be a higher up within the vBulletin team to do something like that.
You can read them by logging into phpMyadmin (it has been a while since I used this method, but I believe they are under the pmtext tables), or you can install an add-on that allows convenient viewing within the AdminCP. (I have not been keeping up with vBulletin 5.x, but there is a vBulletin 3.x add-on for reading PMs that was ported over to vBulletin 4.x.)

Last edited:
You can read them by logging into phpMyadmin (it has been a while since I used this method, but I believe they are under the pmtext tables), or you can install an add-on that allows convenient viewing within the AdminCP. (I have not been keeping up with vBulletin 5.x, but there is a vBulletin 3.x add-on for reading PMs that was ported over to vBulletin 4.x.)

As I pointed out, we don't use add-ons for viewing PMs because they are private messages. I would only read a PM if there were legal implications, and only I have the ability to do so. We can read a PM if a user reports it though, just like if they were to forward it to another user.

Back