• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Any ideas for the next Animal Crossing?

Nova452

Mayor Joey
Bells
3 Envelopes
I really want to know what the next Animal Crossing will be like. What do you think will be in it?

I'm honestly just hoping that it's not going to be on the WiiU.
A larger town/more villagers would be nice.

Why dont you want it on the WiiU? I hope it is on there, I really wished they made the New Leaf world much bigger.

I want a much bigger town, more "classic" music soundtrack, probably two more personalities (Nerd anyone?), more villager species (Bats!), ummm....I have a bunch of stuff, but yeah I'm actually pretty excited for the next one.

With the popularity of the tropical island setting and the different mini-games you can play there, I think it could be neat to have a snowy lodge and ski resort to the north of the map. You can travel up to the mountain via a ski lift, and there'd be tons of snowy themed mini-games, furniture and prizes. Maybe like the original AC on Gamecube, you can own your own cabin and decorate it.

And maybe it's time for a bit of a bold change... with the graphical capabilities of the Wii U, maybe it's time to update the log rolling, top-downish angle to a more third person, three dimensional perspective.

And rugs! I want to put rugs and carpets around on my barren wooden floors, wherever I want! :p

Last edited:
With the popularity of the tropical island setting and the different mini-games you can play there, I think it could be neat to have a snowy lodge and ski resort to the north of the map. You can travel up to the mountain via a ski lift, and there'd be tons of snowy themed mini-games, furniture and prizes. Maybe like the original AC on Gamecube, you can own your own cabin and decorate it.

And maybe it's time for a bit of a bold change... with the graphical capabilities of the Wii U, maybe it's time to update the log rolling, top-downish angle to a more third person, three dimensional perspective.

And rugs! I want to put rugs and carpets around on my barren wooden floors, wherever I want! :p

wow those are some pretty neat ideas!!

I hope that we will have bigger towns and split rivers, and a "design your own town map!"

I hope that there will be a city just like in Animal Crossing: City Folk.

Last edited:
I don't know if it's possible, but I'd love for there to be an option to create multiple towns instead of just one. You wouldn't have to go out and buy an extra copy of the game. A bigger town in general would be nice too.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I want a much bigger town, more "classic" music soundtrack, probably two more personalities (Nerd anyone?), more villager species (Bats!), ummm....I have a bunch of stuff, but yeah I'm actually pretty excited for the next one.

Bats would be so adorable!!! My favorite animal (besides dogs). :)

Someone mentioned classic themes in the next Animal Crossing game. I definitely agree. While the music isn't the main reason I played Animal Crossing, it was definitely one of the more memorable aspects. I wouldn't care if they were the original or remixed.

Bigger towns, more events, different style beaches, more villagers, different shops and more plant varieties

I'm not sure where they'll go with the new game... but I do know one thing it needs:

more storage space. ಠ_ಠ

Where do I begin. Don't get me wrong - New Leaf is amazing, but it lacks so much. Sooo much for a system like the 3DS. Wild World lacking features was understandable, 3DS game cards can store much more memory and it surprises me how New Leaf lacked.

1) More dialogue and complex relationships. Um, hello? Wild World was the #1 game for villager and NPC dialogue, it was absolutely amazing. C'mon, Nintendo! If a DS game can do that, so can a damn 3DS game. The villagers in NL get so dry and boring. They say the same things over and over again after 2-4 times speaking to them, especially while they're in Main Street. I also miss the feature of asking for work. That just made the game feel so involved and gave you little tasks to do.

There needs to be more ways to gauge your relationship with villagers and ways to build your relationship over time. It seems sort of arbitrary for villagers to instantly be friends with you. It makes them feel all the same and fake. There needs to be more interaction and tasks and just.. anything. I can't be the only one that feels this and that observes this.

2) Town layout differences.

LESS. ANNOYING. RIVERS. Most rivers right now in New Leaf take up like any good open space in your town and finding a layout that leaves you with the most space is a pain in the ass.

No more rocks because they get in the way of the little things you want to do. They're pointless aside from gems and money. Maybe have the option of putting down rocks as a PWP for certain decorations?

Option for more layouts and extra town customization. What grass shape, fruit, town hall/train station color, and building placement you want. It would make towns a lot more personal and fun to play in IMO. The fact that this is all randomized in NL greatly upsets a person that likes customizing their town.

3) PWPs and.. mini-PWPs? More options for placing them.

Assuming it'll be on the Wii U, maybe being able to adjust them right down to the grid and roTATING THEM on the gamepad would be nice.

Mini-PWPs. Things like rocks, lamps, benches, etc that you can put in your town in bulk quantities.

4) PROPERTY MANAGEMENT.

What if you could get incoming moving notices and using the gamepad, you could select areas where property is able to be built? For reference purposes, on your property management sheet, you could mark down PWPs, paths, trees, gardens, etc, for reference. This could actually make you feel more like a mayor..? It's apparent that Isabelle is horrible with some of her paperwork, so why not actually give it to us?

Maybe being able to set things as "reserved property" would help a lot.

6) Main street and the city.

Main Street is a little.. Too convenient and linear, don't you think? I think having different tiered or separated sections for Main Street would be great, just to add a little spice. Again, random building of shops in Main Street makes the whole aspect of being "Mayor" pointless. Being able to choose what shops you want & where would be great for customization.

Maybe later in the game (assuming Isabelle is still with us), she could give you an alert at the town hall like, "Hey, Mayor ____! Have you heard of that city.. Um, what's it called again?" and you could name your city. What shops it would have and how you could customize it I haven't thought of. If you could to there with your friends, that'd be fantastic.

Gosh I have so many ideas but it doesn't matter. I hope Nintendo can live up to its fans' general expectations!

Back