• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What would a ACNH Island inspired by The Backrooms & any of its various levels look like

T0mn00kd3f3nd3r

Tom Nook's #1 Fan
Bells
Obviously; there would be Houses that Use Old Wallpaper(to represent the most iconic level of the Backrooms with the Yellow aged Wallpaper)

but else could you do in Animal crossing to Represent VARIOUS Levels of the Backrooms?!

Hook up your Nintendo Switch to a CRT television using an HDMI to AV adapter for some eerie vintage vibes. 📺 I love my CRT televisions. I own four of different sizes. When it comes to televisions, big is beautiful in this household. 😎 Of course... I enjoy my flatscreen television too, for Switch gaming and watching stuff off my laptop! 💻 A true gentleman knows how to appreciate the many sizes a television can come in. <3

I meant within the actual game itself!!
Crikey! My apologies... I thought it would be nice to bring the immersion to the real world, you know? 😳 But okay, okay... within the game... uhh... 🤔 I don't know, maybe hide radios behind buildings and trees and have it play eerie music? 🤷‍♀️ Or add a bunch of lag-inducing items throughout the island to make the experience slow and corrupt feeling... ⚠️

Here are some: in general, for each room in a house, leave the lights off or make it dim. If you have Happy Home Paradise you can set the soundscape to Echo make the room seem emptier. Maybe toss in a theremin while you're at it, since that plays a long, creepy noise. And a skeleton or an anatomical model could represent a malevolent creature

I'm not a Backrooms fan BTW, these ideas are based on my basic knowledge of the lore.

Back