• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Any ideas for a short story? (Really stuck for ideas - need help!)

Yui Z

Free hugs xoxoxo
Bells
Jingle Christmas Doll
Winter Mittens
Waluigi Easter Egg
Red Feather
Red Candy
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Popsicle (TBT Beach Party)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Cake
July Birthstone (Ruby)
Hey! So for my English homework I have to write a plan for my 'short story' which I have to write in an exam... The story will be part of my coursework which will go towards my final grade which is why I'd like to do well on this one - plus I don't think I did so well on my previous exam

ANYWAY, we have to write a short story which includes one of these guidelines:
- Write a story which ends with the words: '...that's why I am never going to another zoo' (the 'zoo' can be a metaphor or whatever)
- Fits in with the title "The Unexpected"
- Fits with the title "Anger"
- Fits with the title "The Runaway"

Obviously it has to have a beginning, development, climax and resolution and also some kind of twist in the plot - it can be really simple too.

Anyone got any ideas? :3

Oh and just to say I don't want an actual story! Just a few ideas since I have none aha...

Last edited:
im not goin to do your assignment for you but the unexpected seems like the easiest on to do

im not goin to do your assignment for you but the unexpected seems like the easiest on to do

I did mention in it that I only wanted ideas - not for someone to write it for me. I guess what I need is inspiration :3

Last edited:
Well when I think of zoo I think of high school... You could write the story from the POV of a senior graduating high school? Idek >.<

get inspiration from everything. dont just ask for it to happen, make it happen

Well, I don't think anybody could just give you an entire plot. The first thing that came up in my mind for a story about a zoo is In the future humans think they are smart enough to keep captive humans in a zoo as well as animals. But you know, that's just my creative mind... I dunno if you can get inspiration from that. Just meh cup of tea..

I am making it happen aren't I? I mean asking for help is the first step sometimes IMO.

at least give us something to critique. asking for help should be your second priority IMO

at least give us something to critique. asking for help should be your second priority IMO

Well actually this is my 2nd priority since I thought about it first and then asked for help, in fact, I asked my friends so this is my third. I don't need critique either. I just needed one idea (even if it was just a word) but I think I know what I plan on doing now.

Thanks for the help all :3

If you want to go for a more somber, symbolic type thing, you can have the story be about how you watched some gorillas beating up on another smaller one and say it reminded you too much of how you were bullied as a kid, and then use that to segue into describing the experience.

As a writer myself, I believe inspiration is the killer of originality when it comes down to writing. My advice to you, would be to just disconnect yourself from reality, and search deep into your brain until you begin calculating your knowledge into a thought which will then develop into an idea, which then will allow you to really embrace originality into whatever you write.

Back