• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

I would like to time travel to a point where I am able to sell my town (my town is still fairly new), but when I changed the time to when I though I was able to, my town tree was still the same. Is there a trick to it, or did I just do something wrong? Does this work at all? Any help would be appreciated!

You have to play for real life 50 hours and in-game 50 days. So if you haven't achieved the IRL hours, even if you time travel 50 days it won't work. If you don't actually want to play, just leave the game open with your mayor standing (plug in the charger too) and go to sleep, and in a few days you'll have the 50 hours.

hi! so yesterday i scanned in daisy and asked her to move in. i know that amiibo villagers tend to favor the plot locations of the villager they replaced, but i left her two extra spots she could plot of she wanted to...

i started plot resetting this morning, and on my first try, she's in a really really good spot. i read somewhere online that if you're in the middle of plot resetting and open up your mayor instead of a new character, the villager's plot will be where it was for the first reset... can anyone confirm this? if it's true, i think i would be able to load up my mayor character without having to go through the nastiness of making a big dirt patch in my town...

i just want to avoid making that dumb dirt patch if i can... :blush:

thanks!!

hi! so yesterday i scanned in daisy and asked her to move in. i know that amiibo villagers tend to favor the plot locations of the villager they replaced, but i left her two extra spots she could plot of she wanted to...

i started plot resetting this morning, and on my first try, she's in a really really good spot. i read somewhere online that if you're in the middle of plot resetting and open up your mayor instead of a new character, the villager's plot will be where it was for the first reset... can anyone confirm this? if it's true, i think i would be able to load up my mayor character without having to go through the nastiness of making a big dirt patch in my town...

i just want to avoid making that dumb dirt patch if i can... :blush:

thanks!!

Just because the plot looks good without getting an alt character to set up a tent does not mean it will be there next time!

If you like the spot you HAVE to walk with Nook, place your tent, and save with Isabelle. Otherwise they can plot somewhere else next time!

Just because the plot looks good without getting an alt character to set up a tent does not mean it will be there next time!

If you like the spot you HAVE to walk with Nook, place your tent, and save with Isabelle. Otherwise they can plot somewhere else next time!

thanks! i saved with the new character anyway because i just wanted to be careful, and good thing i did- thanks for info!! :blush:

If I have 10 villagers and one is in boxes (and is already adopted), would I be able to go to another town to adopt another villager while their house is still in my town? Or would I have to wait until their house is completely gone?

If I have 10 villagers and one is in boxes (and is already adopted), would I be able to go to another town to adopt another villager while their house is still in my town? Or would I have to wait until their house is completely gone?
I think you have to wait. Cause the villager maybe moved out but their house is still there.

Do mosquitoes appear in dream towns, and can they bite people?

I have not encountered mosquitoes in the 500+ dream towns I've visited.

Can bagworms and mole crickets appear during multiplayer or not?

I'm not 100% sure, but I read somewhere that the only bugs that won't appear if your gate is open are the ones that harm you (bees, tarantulas, scorpions...) so these should appear.

Mole crickets can appear during multiplayer. Bagworms will not be available during multiplayer.

These insects do not spawn when the town's gate is open:

Ant
Bagworm
Bee
Dung Beetle
Flea
Fly
Hermit Crab
Mosquito
Scorpion
Spider
Tarantula
Walking Leaf

Is it possible to get pictures of special characters in the campground without using any Amiibo cards? I have never used an Amiibo card for example, and Blanca has an RV in the campground right now. Can I get her picture, and if so, how?

I have not encountered mosquitoes in the 500+ dream towns I've visited.

Nice! Thank you, that's what I was hoping.

Another question:
What happens when you say "I'll let it cool" instead of drinking the coffee right away in Brewster's cafe?

Is it possible to get pictures of special characters in the campground without using any Amiibo cards? I have never used an Amiibo card for example, and Blanca has an RV in the campground right now. Can I get her picture, and if so, how?

no, it's not possible ;;; the campground rvs that aren't from amiibos aren't that interactive, besides buying furniture from them. sorry about that!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Nice! Thank you, that's what I was hoping.

Another question:
What happens when you say "I'll let it cool" instead of drinking the coffee right away in Brewster's cafe?

brewster gets all "what? no girl, drink it now."
and if you refuse again he's like "yo yo i really have to insist you drink it noW!"
and i think it just goes on and on until you drink it and then you still burn yourself. there's no escape from ridiculously hot coffee.

I'm going to assume that you are able to ask someone to move into your town the same day someone is in boxes.

Is this correct?

Otherwise I'm stumped because Vic was in boxes yesterday and I randomly got Robin from the void the day after.

Last edited:
no, it's not possible ;;; the campground rvs that aren't from amiibos aren't that interactive, besides buying furniture from them. sorry about that!

That's fine, thank you for answering. To follow up, do you know the breakdown of which characters have non-Amiibo RVs and which ones do?

That's fine, thank you for answering. To follow up, do you know the breakdown of which characters have non-Amiibo RVs and which ones do?

so the rvs you see normally in your campgrounds are the non-amiibo ones. so, that's: joan, zipper t. bunny, wendell, jingle, pascal, gulliver, and maybe a couple others i'm forgetting.

if you want to know which ones you have to scan in to get, there are 50 welcome amiibo cards and 6 sanrio cards that bring up rvs. here's a list for you: x. all amiibo figurines can also be scanned in to bring up rvs (this is how people can get celeste, isabelle, resettie, timmy and tommy, etc. into their rv parks).

hope that answered your question! i was a lil confused haha :')

Hair Blonde (2).JPGHair Redhead (2).JPG

Which hair color/accessory do you think looks better? I'm torn. On one hand I like the yellow ribbon more but the blonde hair matches the outfit better. Or does anyone know of another dark pink hat accessory that would work? Going for a superhero look. Sorry if this is the wrong place to be asking this question.

EDIT: Pictures should be working now I hope

Last edited:
so the rvs you see normally in your campgrounds are the non-amiibo ones. so, that's: joan, zipper t. bunny, wendell, jingle, pascal, gulliver, and maybe a couple others i'm forgetting.

if you want to know which ones you have to scan in to get, there are 50 welcome amiibo cards and 6 sanrio cards that bring up rvs. here's a list for you: x. all amiibo figurines can also be scanned in to bring up rvs (this is how people can get celeste, isabelle, resettie, timmy and tommy, etc. into their rv parks).

hope that answered your question! i was a lil confused haha :')

(Just this one more bit, I swear.) So I see the 50 villager RVs and the 6 Sanrio RVs on the Animal Crossing wiki, and I found this list of Amiibo figurines:

http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/games/detail/animal-crossing-new-leaf-3ds

So, the Animal Crossing figurines bring in those characters' RVs and you can get their pictures, (Celeste, Isabelle, Mr. Resetti, Timmy and Tommy, etcetera) but you cannot get the pictures from the normal RVs, (Joan, Zipper T. Bunny, Wendell, Jingle, Pascal, Gulliver, etcetera) which is what you helpfully told me above. (Even though you can at least get Zipper, Jingle, Mr. Resetti's, and some other's pictures elsewhere in game.)

(Just this one more bit, I swear.) So I see the 50 villager RVs and the 6 Sanrio RVs on the Animal Crossing wiki, and I found this list of Amiibo figurines:

http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/games/detail/animal-crossing-new-leaf-3ds

So, the Animal Crossing figurines bring in those characters' RVs and you can get their pictures, (Celeste, Isabelle, Mr. Resetti, Timmy and Tommy, etcetera) but you cannot get the pictures from the normal RVs, (Joan, Zipper T. Bunny, Wendell, Jingle, Pascal, Gulliver, etcetera) which is what you helpfully told me above. (Even though you can at least get Zipper, Jingle, Mr. Resetti's, and some other's pictures elsewhere in game.)

ooh one thing that you might want to check with someone who actually uses amiibo figures (i only use cards)- i'm pretty sure you only get npc pictures from amiibo cards, not amiibo figures. i think the amiibo figures just call up the rv, and you can interact with the npc + buy stuff from them, but i don't think you can get their picture.

hopefully someone else sees this who knows! and everything else you said is correct!

- - - Post Merge - - -

View attachment 205477View attachment 205478

Which hair color/accessory do you think looks better? I'm torn. On one hand I like the yellow ribbon more but the blonde hair matches the outfit better. Or does anyone know of another dark pink hat accessory that would work? Going for a superhero look. Sorry if this is the wrong place to be asking this question.

i think your attachment links are broken! :eek:

if you reupload, i'll definitely give my input! :)

Back