• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies

ceruleanhail

Soul Searcher
Bells
Switch
5765-5782-8493
Orange (Fruit)
What? No love for the porcupine-head lawyer? Granted, most players are at a Pokemon hype, but is there anyone who's looking forward to this game's release?

Maybe I'll make a proper thread...

Ace-Attorney-5-Logo.jpg

Extracted from Wiki:

"Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies, known in Japan as Gyakuten Saiban 5 (逆転裁判5 "Turnabout Trial 5"), is a 2013 adventure video game published and developed by Capcom for the Nintendo 3DS. It is the seventh total game in the Ace Attorney series, excluding cross-overs, and the fifth installment of the main lineage. It is the first in the series to be released on the Nintendo 3DS. The game sees Phoenix Wright return as the main protagonist and takes place a year after Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney. The game was released in Japan on July 25, 2013, and will be released as a digital-only release in North America and Europe via the Nintendo eShop on October 24, 2013."

So, has anyone played the game's previous installment? Feel free to post which are your favourite characters/games/scenes. New to Phoenix Wright? Not sure what it is? You can easily download the free demo in Nintendo eShop and give it a try, or just post here and ask questions~

I played the demo and its awesome I'm planning to buy it on October 30 :3

I've been a fan for about 6 years and have all the games (Except for Gyakuten Kenji 2 which ONLY JAPAN GOT). I couldn't be happier for Phoenix's great return. I'm not too familiar with Dual Destinies because I'm trying to avoid spoilers as much as possible.

I haven't played the demo yet (but I will) and I'm planning to buy it one day. I might not right away though because of Pokemon.

I think there's a user on here who has their signature and avatar tricked out with Dual Destinies stuff. I remember seeing Kokone (idk her English name).

I'm disappointed that there's no physical release. But at least we actually get the game this time lol.

I am looking forward to this one.

Disgaea D2, Pok?mon XY, Phoenix Wright, Zelda... There are too many good games suddenly being released at the same time, so I'll probably have to hold off on playing this one right away.

I'm gonna wait and see what this game has in it. I've played all (but the 1 released in japan only) , and I love the game, but I don't care for the whole spirit medium thing; Trials and Tribulations was over doing it, so I'm just gonna wait and see, but with Maya gone, it'll probably have minimal "spirit channeling".

i was wondering when the thread for this would come! :p

well ace attorney is my fav series so i'm def gonna get it
i've played all the games released over here
my favourite game in the series would be trials and tribulations
and my favourite character... that's hard to choose since i love most of the characters but i have to say maya is my favourite.
my favourite case is bridge to the turnabout, farewell my turnabout and turnabout goodbyes are tied for second.
and my favourite scene is:
when they had the exorcism and dahlia came out of maya's body
whew okay that's all for now :)

I think there's a user on here who has their signature and avatar tricked out with Dual Destinies stuff. I remember seeing Kokone (idk her English name).

hello <3
and her english name is athena cykes ^^

Last edited:
Yay, finally a PW thread! Oh God, I love the series.

Fav Game: Can't beat the original Ace Attorney.

Fav Case: Turnabout Memories from Trials and Tribulations.

Fav Scene: Where Phoenix says he ate the necklace. Can't help it.

Fav Character: It's a tie between Athena and Dahlia.

I love Athena's power, it's fun!

The Phoenix Wright series is one of my favorites :D I played the Demo and I can't wait until it comes out ^^ I'm gonna be locked away in my room for a while with Pokemon Y and Phoenix Wright o~o

I've played every game in the series (released in NA) atleast twice :D

Fav Game: Trials and Tribulations. When I had the game, I could go through the cases with ease cuz I played it so much.
Fav Case: A tie between The Stolen Turnabout and Farewell, My Turnabout
Fav Scene: The Scene in The Stolen Turnabout where Wright calls himself an Ace Attorney
Fav Char: Pretty much (almost) every prosecutor. I love Edgey and Godot, I thought Franziska was cool, and Klavier was great :D

Franziska was totally awesome. I mean, she almost whipped Phoenix to death and whipped the judge.

Oooh I'm glad to see that there are some fans here. XD

@Reizo-Trepe It's pretty disappointing that Gyakuten Kenji 2 isn't out for NA. =/ I do hope they'd bring the game to eShop, considering that DS is pretty much dead. :x

@Leonn I don't think the focus will be on spirit mediums anymore, considering that there seems to be good closure at Trials and Tribulations. :3 Besides, the creators of PW want to welcome more new fans into the series, so they probably won't go over the top with old stuff... though I do miss Gumshoe. Where the heck is he? :'<

@Volvagia Ahh, so that's Kokone LOL XDD Seems that all the final Turnabouts are fairly epic, probably because of all the build-ups despite the different cases. I wonder how many cases will DD have...

@Kippia LOL That scene! XDD Seems like everyone's just waiting for a thread, huh~ xD Glad I provide an outlet, haha!

@EeveeGirl Oh yeahhh, all the prosecutors are cool. I don't think I actually dislike any of them (except maybe Payne) despite them being on the other side. I can't wait to see what's the latest prosecutor's story though!

Oooh I'm glad to see that there are some fans here. XD

@Leonn I don't think the focus will be on spirit mediums anymore, considering that there seems to be good closure at Trials and Tribulations. :3 Besides, the creators of PW want to welcome more new fans into the series, so they probably won't go over the top with old stuff... though I do miss Gumshoe. Where the heck is he? :'<

I hope your right I do NOT want to miss out on this.

And I agree, where the heck did Gumshoe go? It's kinda funny though, knowing that the game is japanese, i always pronounce his name Gum Shou instead of Gum Shoe lol, it makes the game more epic lol

I hadn't played it until Sunday when I downladed the demo, looks good. I may get the game when it comes out but not keen on the old 'download only' restriction. I'll see. If it's quite cheap then I'll buy, if not, I'll wait until it reduces.

He followed Edgeworth back to Germany xD

I change my mind, my favorite scene is where Edgeworth goes "Gumshoe indeed! Like gum on your shoe, he's impossible to get rid of!" in Bridge to Turnabout.

Last edited:
@Leonn Me neither, buddy, me neither... On an interesting note, do you know that in JP, the game is actually set in Japan? And that Klavier and Franziska actually came back from studying abroad at US? And yet in the localization of the game, the setting is in US with the two coming from Germany instead? XD

@tigereyes86 Hey, tiger~ I believe the price is about USD29.99 or EUR24.99. But with holiday coming along, hopefully it might be cheaper!

@EeveeGirl Ahaha, I was actually kinda disappointed when I learned of Kay Faraday's existence, because Gumshoe didn't really get much to shine, but I guess they didn't want to do so
considering that Gumshoe did follow Edgeworth around in the last case of Trials and Tribulations, and there might be nothing new...?

By the way, I heard that there's also a web demo? Is it still up? Anyone has the link to it?

Idk I kinda liked Kay. To me, Gumshoe will always be Edgeworth's lead detective :) No matter who is introduced, that wont ever change for me.

@Leonn Me neither, buddy, me neither... On an interesting note, do you know that in JP, the game is actually set in Japan? And that Klavier and Franziska actually came back from studying abroad at US? And yet in the localization of the game, the setting is in US with the two coming from Germany instead? XD

I did not know that, interesting lol

@Volvagia Ahh, so that's Kokone LOL XDD Seems that all the final Turnabouts are fairly epic, probably because of all the build-ups despite the different cases. I wonder how many cases will DD have...

there are five cases + a DLC case!

I have a question. Why does almost every episode in the series have the word Turnabout in it?

omg o~o I wish I could get the game D: I'm getting pokemon this weekend tho so I'll have to wait for my bday or christmas before I can make any requests for anything else :(

Back