• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

your opinion on hacked trees?

Not really safe. When the trees are shaken, the items that fall off will permanently stay on your Island and you won't be able to remove them. I think that's pretty game-breaking.
This is completely false, I have gotten star fragment trees gifted to me and tried to do that just out of curiosity, and you do get star fragments, you can pick them up but of course, they won't grow again.

I personally am in love with star frag trees! They look so gorgeous and fit the fairy aesthetic so well. At this point, if anything, there are too many people who have it, and I don't think Nintendo would want to isolate half of its player base. I think they would just patch the item out of the bell tree, so it'd become a common cedar tree. It isn't as harmful as people paint it out to be, it's just a normal bell tree which has an item instead of bells!

They are pretty and all, but I can live without them and I rather be free of worries.. xD

Obviously I wouldn’t have them, but I really wish they were in the game. They look pretty amazing.

If they didn’t have a risk of corrupting my game, I would actually consider getting them. I did see some people with tons of star trees while trading as a flex, and it did make me a little uncomfortable.

This is completely false, I have gotten star fragment trees gifted to me and tried to do that just out of curiosity, and you do get star fragments, you can pick them up but of course, they won't grow again.

I personally am in love with star frag trees! They look so gorgeous and fit the fairy aesthetic so well. At this point, if anything, there are too many people who have it, and I don't think Nintendo would want to isolate half of its player base. I think they would just patch the item out of the bell tree, so it'd become a common cedar tree. It isn't as harmful as people paint it out to be, it's just a normal bell tree which has an item instead of bells!
Check out videos of people shaking trees with hacked items on them.
AbdallahSmash did a video on it. Even if star fragment trees might not cause these issues as you claim, other hacked item trees can and then can ruin your Island.

Pretty but not worth it. I'm not going for one of the star or fairycore islands so they'll stick out like crazy on my island.

What someone else does with their game doesn't bother me at all, it's up to them

I think they're beautiful (particularly the star fragment ones!) but I've got too much of a conscience to really use or acquire them lol. No hate for people who use them, as again, I think they're stunning and would love to have them on my island. I mostly just don't want to take the risk.

The star fragment trees would look absolutely stunning on my island but I personally would not take the risk. I'm not a 100% stickler to rules or anything but on the off chance that Nintendo does a sweep, I'm not going to be one of the people whose game is then erased or banned from using internet services. For this same reason, I do not use services/sites like turnip exchange because you are giving illegal access to someone who is not Nintendo.

I'm all about people doing what they want with their own stuff but I am personally not going to.

The fragment ones are incredibly pretty, and I hope Nintendo might just get inspired and add something like that.

I don't mind hacking per se, each to their own, but I personally wouldn't buy any. I have suspicions that Nintendo is tracking sales and keeping an eye on high volume traders, and the other IDs of players that have traded with them. Some of the sales volumes on ebay are incredible, they can't be happy that people are earning money off them.

as others have said-yes they're pretty,
but imo not worth the risk of losing hours of hard work in this game ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don’t really like them. I haven’t come across an island with them, but if I did, I’d be scared my game would become corrupt just by visiting.

they are also not very pretty. I like more natural looking trees.

They're pretty. I'd use them but I dunno if it could potentially mess something up with my save data. That, and knowing me I'd probably shake one on accident, and that'd be a waste of money. *shrug*

I have them on my island and they are pretty cool; They were like 6 dollars for 20 so they were pretty cheap
They glow at night and are nice, but they aren't a must-have.

I think they look awesome !
I did a trade with someone and they had some and I loved it.
I wouldn't mind getting some on my island!
But I can't see myself going to ebay to get them for some reason lol
They make it look so nice<3

i've heard so many rumors about these trees. whether it's that they'll damage your save & leave dead tiles on your map, or that they're totally safe and won't harm anything - to me it's honestly just not worth the potential risk. they look cute, but so do plenty of other things in the game, and i can achieve my desired aesthetic in legit ways. nothing against people who use them or hack in general of course, i understand the appeal 100%.

but to me, the fact that nintendo is really against hacking means that there's always a chance they might include something in a future patch that "punishes" people for using hacked items in some way. maybe unlikely, but it's not like it hasn't happened before in other games.
also really hate people selling acnh stuff for real money, but that's a bigger issue.

Last edited:
I’m never for virtual items directly bought with real life currency from other players. Especially clearly hacked items that can be easily patched out, waste of cash right there.

The trees themselves are pretty, but they invoke the same feeling as seeing plastic trees in a tourist town:😐

i think they're super pretty, especially the star fragment ones! but i'd be too afraid to actually have them on my island, too much of a potential risk imo. however i'm hoping that nintendo will give us the ability to decorate trees in the future that would make the said trees similar to the current hacked ones.

Back