• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Your best and worst memory from new leaf?

best, i finished the layout of my town! i had extra space for pwps i never got. everyones houses were perfectly in place, dreamies were set up, and town was all pathed! that was great!

worst, when i first signed up for tbt i was giving away overgrown flowers and someone stole my hybrids. i left a negative review for someone i thought stole them but she didnt and someone else verified it, so the thief never got caught. angry.

Best: While everyone was playing New Horizons and I hadn't a switch yet, I found a girl online with whom I kinda became friends with and we visited each other's towns. It was my first online interaction in NL lol. She was super nice and we had fun.

Worst: It took me much time to gain bells and expand my house. After a while it was too repetitive to visit Tortimer Island. However, despite this, I have a really good memory of the game!

My best memory is getting to know my husband. We have been playing online together for a long time. All our communication took place exclusively in discord. Then after a while, we started doing absolutely everything together. We even had the experience of passing the specialized online memory test from MemTrax. It seems crazy from the outside. I sent him my photo for the first time a few months later. We met only 4 months ago for the first time. I fell in love almost immediately. Btw, he proposed to me last week.

Last edited:
Best memory? Poppy. I got her as one of my first Villagers ever and had her for three years and talked to her everyday and was best friends with her until he showed up. Who? My worst memory.

Worst memory of the game? Goose. I seriously hate that jerkwad now after what he did to my Town. He was extremely obnoxious and moved in uninvited and refused to leave! I did everything I could think of to force him to move from constantly hitting him with the Net, shoving him into Pitfalls, sending death threats, ignoring him, refusing to give him a Christmas present from Jingle, and refusing to give him Presents that the other Villagers wanted him to have. I wasted an entire year trying to get rid of this freeloading a*hole refused to leave. But when my precious Poppy suddenly moved out because of Goose, I completely lost it and deleted the game I worked so hard to perfect and lost my Crown and Royal Crown and the fully paid fully expanded house with secret storage option. That awful Goose ruined everything for me! On my Island I posted a public Banned Villager list and Goose is on it. If he steps one foot on my Island, I will refuse to play the game until he leaves.

My best memory is getting to know my husband. We have been playing online together for a long time. All our communication took place exclusively in discord. Then after a while, we started doing absolutely everything together. We even had the experience of passing the specialized online memory test from MemTrax. It seems crazy from the outside. I sent him my photo for the first time a few months later. We met only 4 months ago for the first time. I fell in love almost immediately. Btw, he proposed to me last week.

That's amazing. I'm just curious, was that New Leaf, or New Horizons?

Best: When I had a town with all my dream villagers. It was a cute town that had a mythical theme so I had all the mythological villagers like Julian and Phoebe. I had so many fond memories of playing NL during summer nights, gathering as many palm bigs on the island as I could. It was almost like therapy and I especially enjoyed it when it turned 11pm, my favourite NL track.

Worst: Deleting my save file and wiping my 3DS clean before selling it. I needed the money but I honestly regret it now.

best memory:
  • probably going to tortimer's island and completing tours/getting as many medals as possible for the medals beaver (phineas)
  • getting free bells from people with modded islands (or in general) back in the day.
  • when i got all my dreamies at the time (eg merengue + ankha!!).
  • also when miiverse was a thing, i remember posting a lot of my villagers' conversations and writing captions oml-
  • katie's existence - taking her off of people and hoping she dropped something
  • working at brewster's cafe (walker i miss you)

worst: lost/misplaced the 3DS i think my older sister took it from me + now i can't play new leaf to see what's occurring ;_;
i just rewatched the new leaf trailer too aaa

Last edited:
My best memory of New Leaf is when I was just starting out, and knew nothing about the game/series. I was in college and it was Christmas break, and for some reason I was sleeping on the floor at my parent's place (which i never mind). Waking up in the morning and seeing who moved in to my village, and what buildings on Main Street were being built was so much fun. That was such a great time.

Worst memory? Losing the game and having to start over! I found the game many years later though!

My best memory could be Tortimer island. I enjoyed catching all the bugs, I did that repeatedly during hours. The tours as well were very fun! Mini-games, have to hunt things and of course we could take flowers, fruits we don't find in our city. That's too bad on New Horizons we don't have these fruits anymore!
Worst memory: I don't really have one. I enjoyed the game, visited other islands with Luna's help, had plans I never realised... Really I don't remember one.

The best memory for me was probably the time I randomly caught a Coelacanth. Unlike New Horizons (where I caught many), this was the only one I ever caught in New Leaf, and of course, I sent it to Blathers.

Not entirely sure what my worst memory was, but I believe it was the time I nearly corrupted the town I had built up while save editing. I don't encourage such things, but this was right before New Horizons came out. I was getting really bored of New Leaf at that point, and needed to squeeze out what was left of my enjoyment before the then-new release on the Switch. I was never playing online on my 3DS anyways.

Best memory was July 31, 2022. Jambette was forced out via amiibo, Graham, a villager I think is okay but still wanted space, was also moving out, and T&T Emporium was being built. Another good memory was the first few months I had the game. I didn't know much about it, I didn't even know how all the hourly themes sounded, and I was new to basically everything about the game and franchise in general. I have way more knowledge now, but something about being way less knowledgeable about the game is kind of a nice feeling. The last feeling I'll put is the first rainy day I played. It was about 8pm, and because it was raining I decided to look for a coelacanth. I did eventually find one when I was about to finish playing. But the way the rainy version of 8pm from this game sounds was just extra comforting and cozy. Even 9pm by extension, since it was around that time when I finished.

Worst memory now. There's the time when Jambette moved in. There's also the time when Daisy was camping but I literally just invited a villager that was also camping to move in. Either of those.

Best memory: Playing the multiplayer mini games with other people.

Worst memory: My friend being weirded out seeing my character is a dress and wanting me to change.

Best memory: A friend from DeviantArt invited me to her New Leaf town, and we hung out like there was no tomorrow. I'll never forget this memory.

Worst memory: Merengue, she's the bane of my Animal Crossing existence. It was 2020. I got her randomly in my town. I have tried so hard to get along with her and give her another chance, but nope. She kept making moves on my man, T-Bone, and she would not leave him alone. Even worse, one of my other villagers, Bree shipped them together. I've had an undying hatred for both Bree and Merengue ever since, but Merengue is worse. I was given the excellent opportunity to smack them both with a net, pushed them in pitfalls, and ignored them whenever I got the chance.

I already knew that abusing villagers wouldn't make them move out faster at the time, but I didn't have the patience, because I was too furious and jealous to care. Neither Bree nor Merengue would ever ask to move out. I didn't want to deal with them any longer, so I reset my town. I regret nothing. I also had Diva months before the Merengue and Bree wars happened.

She wasn't physically ugly or anything, I just really have a personal vendetta with her after Tank had shipped her with T-Bone, and she kept hanging out with T-Bone too much. At least both Tank and Diva moved out, unlike Merengue and Bree, but the Tank and Diva wars still happened anyway.

Now Tank, Bree, Merengue and Diva all have been blacklisted, and neither is ever allowed to show up in my town ever again...

Best : Tortimer's Island and the Street Pass Houses . I spent so many hours on those two parts alone.

Worst : I got my dream items on a friend's town . Then my internet dropped and I lost those items.

I hardly remember my time playing New Leaf now, years later. But from what I remember, my worst memory was thay I had a couple villagers that I didn’t like that wouldn’t move. Baabara, Keaton, Blanche, Paula, Hamlet (I don’t mind Hamlet now; I appreciate his design a bit more too). Or another time, I traded for two villagers but didn’t realize you could only get one at a time; I was trading for Pudge and Roscoe. I only got Roscoe because of the mess up >.<

My best memory, it’s hard to say since my memories were all really good; the ones I listed as my worst, I hardly remember now. I think maybe it’s just interacting with lazies and peppies since lazies had no bug talk and the dialogue was better. Decorating was a very happy memory for me since I loved more of the furniture and the customization was better (like letting us use qr codes on furniture — clothing qr codes too), not needing a sub to use qr codes, making patterns was much easier too.

This was all before the welcome amiibos. I never got around playing once the amiibos were introduced.

Last edited:
Back