• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Working Out

Llust

Bells
Happy Home Designer Token
Red Candy
is there anyone else here who enjoys jogging/wight lifting as a daily thing? i can't remember what motivated me, but for about a year or so, i've been jogging around the neighborhood (or on a treadmill if its raining) for 15-30 minutes daily. as for weight lifting, i leave that for the morning to get it out of the way then at night so i can sleep faster

i've always wanted to jog daily but the area i live in is incredibly mountainous and probably not too safe to just be jogging along the road. plus i'm not extremely motivated, i'm usually way too tired/pressed for time to do anything (even though i want to).

good on you though!! maybe when i move to a different town i'll finally find the inspiration to.

Unless you count walking up the stairs carrying a plate of food as exercise, no.

Unless you count using my imagination and swinging a wooden stick around like a sword as exercise, then no. ;w;

I used to run cross-country and I guess that would constitute about an hour or two of running and other various exercises everyday.

20 minute 5k was my best time.

I try to run with my dog at my local park. It's huge! I also listen to music while running. I too have a treadmill but it feels better to be outside. However, there are sometimes soccer games on the field so I can't run there. Also, the heat in California is pretty bad so I have to run around 9:00am or else I fry...

edit: I wanted to try a nature pathway near my house that's used by bicyclists and joggers but there was recently a mountain lion attack....

Last edited:
i only go jogging when my mum does, we circle the lake round where we live, otherwise i get a bit paranoid, it's not too nice where i live to jog, it's either very thick heavy forest that's pretty muddy or a looot of concrete!

i try and go to the gym about twice a week or so. and i LOVE hill walking and climbing, i try and do that every month or so, i live in scotland so it's pretty great in that respect

i'm not particularly fit or anything but i eat like an elephant so i have to try and balance it out somehow

Last edited:
I definitely enjoy working out! I strength train with a partner on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and I also teach a women's fitness and self defense class on Saturday mornings. On my "off" days, I'll usually do a 2-3 mile run.

Not gonna lie though, there are definitely times when I get lazy and would much rather allow myself the extra hour of sleep, but I always (sometimes begrudgingly) pull myself out of bed and force myself to do it. I know I'll feel great once the endorphins kick in anyway. :)

I like running a few times a week, that's about the extent of my workouts

I definitely enjoy working out! I strength train with a partner on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and I also teach a women's fitness and self defense class on Saturday mornings. On my "off" days, I'll usually do a 2-3 mile run.

Not gonna lie though, there are definitely times when I get lazy and would much rather allow myself the extra hour of sleep, but I always (sometimes begrudgingly) pull myself out of bed and force myself to do it. I know I'll feel great once the endorphins kick in anyway. :)

Runner's high :)

I tried jogging, but it's too repetitive for me. I prefer moving all parts of my body in multiple directions at the same time.

I do two hours of martial arts classes every Wednesday and Saturday. I also join a Zumba class for one hour at least once a week whichever day I feel like it.

I read this as "2-3 min run" and giggled a lil until I realized my mistake oops?

Do a lot of long distance (50+ miles) cycling, something I can easily zone out to. Actually plan to go on a 200 mile trip soon, though the idea of riding into the mountains is a little intimidating. Least the downhill will be fun. :)

Also try to do a long hike/camping trip once every year. Did the 500 mile long Colorado Trail this summer, wouldn't trade the experience for anything in the world but at the same time I ain't keen to do it again anytime soon, haha.

Last edited:
I try to go for a run everyday, and I also swim three times per week as well as various training sessions/matches for games (netball, (field) hockey, etc) :)

i do squats, & push ups daily to try tone my arms & butt 8 )
i also do the occasional run!

i'm on a floorball team and we exercise together 2 times a week (in a few weeks we'll start playing games too). im sick atm but i'll probably start doing other stuff too soon

I do enjoy jogging on an almost daily basis. I live close to the border of my city/village so just outside of my neighbourhood there's a lot of greenery which I find to be perfect to enjoy a 30 minute to an hour stress reliever. Depending on if I've school I'll either go in the evening around 8PM or in the morning when I don't have school or any appointment.
I try to do this throughout the whole year but honestly, when it's winter and it's really cold outside I sometimes don't have enough motivation to grab my tracksuit.
I don't do weightlifting but I often do some fitness excercises, not in the gym but again in the greenery nearby my home.
Other than that I don't really do anything except going for a walk with my dog every now and then. I did do volleyball for 6 years when I was younger but since my local organisation fell apart there wasn't any option for me to continue it. I would love to pick it up again sometime in the future.

Last edited:
I don't go to a gym or anything, but I try to walk/bike daily and I always do a personal circuit a few times a day (usually includes squats, planks, jumping jacks, and various stretches & holds). It's not much, but it helps keep me from being completely lazy. Plus my legs and body tend to feel awful if I'm just sitting at my desk for countless hours.

Last edited:
Back