• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Why is Raymond so loved?

Most popular villager now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I meant in an auction so that way it's not my fault if people do that.

Won't be my fault if people start bidding crazy amounts if it's an auction.
Post automatically merged:

none of those traits are common in anime bishonen, unlike raymond's outfit and personality. he is just the perfect recipe for a gijinka.
I feel kinda bad about my signature picture now LOL. it's just a joke guys my love for raymond is 100% pure and platonic I promise ;_;

Well ok then I think that was too much info at the end, I wouldn't have even questioned that if you hadn't mentioned.

Marshal is a marshmallow what is so hard to understand why people like him who the heck doesn't like marshmallows

And bob is a cute lazy villager with a blossom shirt, eyes that just show he's a lazy cat at heart (insert another random cute thing about bob, in this case everything)
haha i freaking love Bob his face is just so perfect and I feel like him and Punchy would be amazing friends in my town haha plus I'm a sucker for lazies. Raymond's popularity might dribble down slowly in time (when? i dunno) probably when he gets an amiibo but i feel like that's just gonna make things more nuts lol

Well ok then I think that was too much info at the end, I wouldn't have even questioned that if you hadn't mentioned.
I mean... animal crossing gijinkas are everywhere on twitter lately, it's not some secret underground thing. they're not even sexual? idk what's "too much info" about it

No i mean the signature, I literally would have never thought about it the way you did. It's all good here. I don't judge

none of those traits are common in anime bishonen, unlike raymond's outfit and personality. he is just the perfect recipe for a gijinka.
I feel kinda bad about my signature picture now LOL. it's just a joke guys my love for raymond is 100% pure and platonic I promise ;_;

omg no don't feel bad!! ;-; Obviously not everyone thinks in the way that was being discussed earlier, you're fine!!

Actually, I laughed a lot upon seeing your signature, I feel like that is the mood once someone who wants Raymond actually finds him after searching for so long LOL.

I love cats. I love smug villagers. I love guys in business suits and glasses. Raymond ticks all those boxes 🤣

Your sig pic is adorable! I bought a ring from Nook’s Cranny and I’m contemplating giving it to Raymond... ;w;

I'm planning to try out the campsite method later today, tbh. It's obviously better than spending irl money.

I think they may mean NMT, because he's going for as high as that at the moment. I haven't seen $1000 irl money listings but definitely $30 listings.
oh good that makes it.. somewhat better lol. yeah i've seen 700, 800 NMT offerings. super crazy. could you even dupe NMT during the glitch?

First smug cat villager, business attire, heterochromia.

Yeah, people will like it.

This describes it perfectly. It's just the kind of guy aesthetic you see people fall in love with who frequent forums and such, to generalize it.
But I'd like him too, I do like me some adult looking smug villagers as well, the business attire on a villager makes it more endearing too.

It's basically this:
Lets say you want raymond, he is a smug villager
kick all smug villagers out of your town, make sure you have all personality except for smugs
time travel until there is a campsite visitor, if you don't have a villager of a personality then that personality is more likely to show up
time travel until you get raymond,
invite him in
Congrats you just learned what the camp method is.

It's basically this:
Lets say you want raymond, he is a smug villager
kick all smug villagers out of your town, make sure you have all personality except for smugs
time travel until there is a campsite visitor, if you don't have a villager of a personality then that personality is more likely to show up
time travel until you get raymond,
invite him in
Congrats you just learned what the camp method is.
Thank you so much!

i think it has to do with the fact that he’s the first smug cat and he has Heterochromia

oh good that makes it.. somewhat better lol. yeah i've seen 700, 800 NMT offerings. super crazy. could you even dupe NMT during the glitch?

I don't think you could dupe NMT. I recall that dupes were more for items that could sell for a lot of bells. Duping messed with bells, not NMT.

No i mean the signature, I literally would have never thought about it the way you did. It's all good here. I don't judge
OH haha, felt like I needed to clarify since some people were discussing fetishization earlier (which is a valid complaint btw, some people can be weirdos unfortunately)

omg no don't feel bad!! ;-; Obviously not everyone thinks in the way that was being discussed earlier, you're fine!!

Actually, I laughed a lot upon seeing your signature, I feel like that is the mood once someone who wants Raymond actually finds him after searching for so long LOL.
Your sig pic is adorable! I bought a ring from Nook’s Cranny and I’m contemplating giving it to Raymond... ;w;
ngl I immediately went to photopia to take that pic the moment I got him LOL

I don't think you could dupe NMT. I recall that dupes were more for items that could sell for a lot of bells. Duping messed with bells, not NMT.
then i'm stumped at how people have 700+ NMT to throw around lol even with TT'ing!

I joined the forum super recently and I'm not familiar with anime or the maid outfit meme, but I adore Raymond. Most of the new villagers are well designed imo, but he's the only one that really clicks for me. He's a smug cat - my favorite personality in the game and my favorite type of pet. He looks a lot like my family's cat when I was growing up. He wears a suit and thick framed glasses, like me. I work in an office too. The fangs are a really cool touch. And his overall design feels very current next to other characters who were designed years ago with different graphic limitations in mind.

For reference, my favorite villager is Kidd. Kidd was the first villager to ask about leaving when I made space for Raymond, so my next priority is to get him back!

then i'm stumped at how people have 700+ NMT to throw around lol even with TT'ing!

NMT's become a currency in its own at this point and people are even selling it for irl money, so that's how I'm assuming they accumulate so much!

I joined the forum super recently and I'm not familiar with anime or the maid outfit meme, but I adore Raymond. Most of the new villagers are well designed imo, but he's the only one that really clicks for me. He's a smug cat - my favorite personality in the game and my favorite type of pet. He looks a lot like my family's cat when I was growing up. He wears a suit and thick framed glasses, like me. I work in an office too. The fangs are a really cool touch. And his overall design feels very current next to other characters who were designed years ago with different graphic limitations in mind.

For reference, my favorite villager is Kidd. Kidd was the first villager to ask about leaving when I made space for Raymond, so my next priority is to get him back!

I actually have Kidd on my island! If he does end up leaving as a result of me replacing villagers, I'll contact you omg. I like him but if he's your favorite I'd want him to go to someone who wants him a lot! ^^

I don’t know why people would pay so much for Raymond when you can get him for free. I’ve gotten Audie, Judy, Sherb, and Bob all by using my nook tickets and going to islands. The way I get tickets is, I get some from the Nook stop then when I get a popular villager I wait for them to want to move out, then I sell them on discord. People give me their offers and I accept, I don’t charge a whole bunch of tickets. I had 8 tickets left yesterday and on the last ticket I got Sherb. It might take a while but it’s just luck.

NMT's become a currency in its own at this point and people are even selling it for irl money, so that's how I'm assuming they accumulate so much!

It also doesn't help that there's youtubers out there that are kinda encouraging buying NMTs and are sponsoring websites that sell NMTs and furniture that could have probably gotten for free through trading or friends.

Back