• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Why is Raymond so loved?

Most popular villager now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I actually have Kidd on my island! If he does end up leaving as a result of me replacing villagers, I'll contact you omg. I like him but if he's your favorite I'd want him to go to someone who wants him a lot! ^^

That is super thoughtful, thank you! I'd really appreciate a DM if you decide to send him on new adventures ^^

He feels like a cool anime character lol.

In all seriousness though. I had no idea that he was so insanely popular until I came back to the forums. I actually met him right before I became active on here again. The reason I personally like him is because he's a cat, he has a nice color palette, heterochomia, and he's one of the few villagers that wears an accessory as part of their normal attire. I also like smug villagers. Overall I just really enjoy his design. I have lots of villagers who I love but they aren't popular, so the whole crowd mentality doesn't really do anything to my own opinion on him. Also, he's NEW. I have been playing animal crossing for years, since I was a toddler, and he was the first new villager I encountered for this game. I would have taken Judy, Audie, Sherb, Dom.... if it had been any of them instead of him I know I still would have invited them to my island because I love having new characters.

He was my first camper and I love him. Although I'm not a fan of the business theme or the maid outfit (no offense, it's just not for me).

I gave him the gray college sweater and I really like it on him.

Here are my reasons for liking him:

-My first Smug in NH
-I love cats
-His colors are nice
-I've always loved heterochromia (my dog has it)
-I like glasses
-He's Smug
-I like his grumpy frown
-Cute fangs

I mean I have nothing against the um (is the word allowed on this forum) people who like their own gender. But it seems kinda wrong to force a male villager into wearing a dress (although the reaction would be funny) Just saying.

Gay is not a bad word and clothing has no gender

As for why Raymond is so popular:
1- He is a cat villager, people adore cats
2- He is a smug which is one of the newest personalities.
3- He wears glasses and has heterochromia
4- His default outfit is a suit and people tend to like those (I love suits i'm not gonna lie lol)
5- He is new and unable to be moved in via amiibo

Gay is not a bad word and clothing has no gender

As for why Raymond is so popular:
1- He is a cat villager, people adore cats
2- He is a smug which is one of the newest personalities.
3- He wears glasses and has heterochromia
4- His default outfit is a suit and people tend to like those (I love suits i'm not gonna lie lol)
5- He is new and unable to be moved in via amiibo
Okay thanks I was just wondering if it was allowed on the forum, and dresses are kind of associated with females

A lot of people want to join the bandwagon. But its getting annoying that I see him everywhere on YouTube and twitter. I still like him though because he is a cat villager and my first camper.

Aside from being a cat and the heterochromia idk really. I feel he like he gives the same vibes that Marshal did when he first debuted. He was really popular back in the old new leaf days (and still is just not as badly).

for some reason he's the only male villager who will wear a dress (and the maid outfit only, at that) so that's why there are so many pictures of him. as for why he's so popular, everyone just seems to love his design. personally i'm not crazy about it at all, but i guess people are still really into that hipster aesthetic. he wouldn't be going for so much if he had an amiibo card and people could get him that way, but because he doesn't have one, they either have to rely on luck or buying him from someone else.
but he's not, though?? chief told me he liked my dollhouse dress so i gave him one and he's still wearing it and i've seen lots of screenshots of other male villagers wearing dresses... i think people just ended up making a meme out of him in the maid dress for some reason but he's certainly not the only male villager that'll wear a dress. i agree about the amiibo thing though, he's cute and all but since people already really like his design and he doesn't have an amiibo card his popularity seems a bit inflated as people are desperately searching islands for him, buying him for tons of nmt and igb, and even paying real money for him. being the only smug cat also helps make him unique.

There's always a popular villager tbh. There was a time when it was Rosie because of all the hype around her being in the animated film, and I'm pretty sure that's still the reason her, Apollo and Whitney are pretty popular still now, but it was really people just getting excited about them then - trading villagers wasn't particularly big in 2007-2008.

I'm still always amazed at the NMT prices though. It's crazy to think people even have 500-600 NMT, never mind willingly giving them away (you could probably cycle through islands to get him with significantly less tickets, if you were willing to put in the time).

Was the male villagers dress thingy cleared out? Because Beau does wear the dresses I gave him, not only when I gave him, but on his own all the time.
The crankies dont wear it tho, but they dont wear anything I give them so yeah.

static please wear the dresses i give you

People love the smug personality, people love cats, and overall people just seem to love Raymond's aesthetic. I'm a huge cat lover and would love to have more cats on my island, but I just can't get into Raymond. He doesn't look happy, and I love happy villagers (with my cranky villagers being an exception). Like others have said, I don't believe he would be as popular if he had an amiibo. Since people have to work to find him, he goes for a lot and people seem to be willing to pay.

I really liked him at first but then my mom pointed out that he somewhat resembled my ex. I didn't believe her at first but then I saw someone who made an art piece of Raymond as a human and from then on I can't unsee it. So now I'm having doubts. I wish she never told me lmao

I got my Raymond bc I plan on having a cat village one day, and since he is the only smug cat, I went for it.
Mine went for a pretty fair price (2m + 2 villagers); otherwise, I would have passed.

He is growing on me though... he has fangs and does double hand shake when greeting... I love that 😢

I love Raymond because I like his design. I think he looks quite polished, sophisticated, and different compared to a lot of other villagers and I also really love cats in general.

I love everything about him but his glasses me personally are not a fan of glasses I think he’s popular cos he’s a cat, he’s smug, new villager and his personality and to top that off he loves a maid outfit I forgot he has different eyes too

Back