• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! We'll announce the winners for our Master Ball raffle and distribute your hard-earned arcade tokens soon.

Who will your main character be?

mimituesday

king of tuesday
Bells
i've only ever played new leaf so i've never thought about this before really. my mayor in new leaf is just me, but for the switch i could have a different person as the mayor or i could also make it me.

if i do me again, it's more personal because then it's MY town and MY friends and stuff
but that could also mean i'd be less likely to play new leaf because then the switch would feel like an "upgrade" i bet (this isn't for sure but it could be)

if i make a new character, i could have my own storyline and everything for them and that would be fun
but then i might be tempted to do a lot more resetting and take away some of the things that would make starting a new town on exactly the first day special

what do you think? what will you do as your main character?

Honestly it's probably just going to be me in animal crossing form. This includes decorating the town to my personal preferences, same with house and fashion style.

I really do enjoy visiting towns that are original stories and themes, though, so kudos to people who put so much effort into making their towns so elaborate.

See that handsome fellow with the Happi Tee, Blue Cap, Jinbei Shorts, and Ninja Sandals over there on the left, holding hands with his favorite tabby villager? He's gonna be my villager in AC Switch. I like to think he's the same villager in every AC game I play.

I've always just done me, but I'm not averse to separate towns with characters as mains. :) I've just never really done it before.

I'm pretty basic in the sense that I always like to make my character based on myself in games like Animal Crossing. It just feels more personal, I suppose. I like to do that and have everything how I'd probably like it to look like irl. (Y'know, my house, and the clothes my character wears and such.)

I do love themed towns and mayors that are like OCs, though. I'm just really bad at coming up with them myself. In fact, that's one of the only reasons I just haven't had more than one character in my saves.

I'm not really into coming up with a story for my own character, but I'm not opposed to some silly lore I come up with for villagers along the way. I guess one of the things that appeals to me about Animal Crossing is that it's just not a game to really look too deeply into.

Whenever I play Animal Crossing or other video games, I sort of create OCs, since I never make a
character based on me. Guess I wil justl re-create the characters I had in New Leaf, since I really
like them.

I always make my first character in a new game based on me, so I'll continue with that for the Switch version!

I'm curious whether you guys use your real first name or a nickname when naming your characters. It would make sense to use an Internet persona if it actually sounded like a name I think! But since mine is not really a namey type username I usually go for my actual first name. xD

(also a tidbit, I always use Kate as my name if it's an old game with a 4-character limit because it's my middle name and fits perfectly :3)

i've only ever played new leaf so i've never thought about this before really. my mayor in new leaf is just me, but for the switch i could have a different person as the mayor or i could also make it me.

if i do me again, it's more personal because then it's MY town and MY friends and stuff
but that could also mean i'd be less likely to play new leaf because then the switch would feel like an "upgrade" i bet (this isn't for sure but it could be)

if i make a new character, i could have my own storyline and everything for them and that would be fun
but then i might be tempted to do a lot more resetting and take away some of the things that would make starting a new town on exactly the first day special

what do you think? what will you do as your main character?

Be my usual Animal Crossing version of me. Hair down in my face in an unnatural color and the purple above the eyes xD

i always just like to make me... with purple hair like in my dreams

I actually made a character in New Leaf named Louis, and I'm thinking about making him my main on the new game.

But depending on customization options, I may just make a brand new character. I'm so excited for it!! ^^

I think I'll make my main character me... but slightly different. Like fantasy-me. Give him my name but spelled backwards, something like that. That way I'll still associate him with me without it getting in the way of potential role playing. I also feel more comfortable going for crazy hair styles and things like that when the player is not supposed to be a super accurate representation of me. :p

(I actually usually named my main characters something completely different back in the ACGC and ACWW days, but somewhere along the line I switched to just playing as myself which is what I did in NL.)

Last edited:
Same ‘ol Jerry.
I’ll get a white tuxedo jacket, pants, sailor hat and a ballroom mask as quick as I can.
I’ll have some variety as well when I feel like it but that’ll be my main outfit.

Just me. I've tried using other characters but I always get tired of them so I think it's better for me to just stick to staying myself lol

I think I'm just going to create the "ideal" version of myself. I always try to go after an OC with a cool name, but I always feel weird playing like it's not me. The game just feels too personal to not play as yourself, in my opinion (I love other people's OCs though!).

I've always called my mayor Jasmijn, just my actual name. I've always tried to make her look like me but I honestly hate all the glasses in game. So i'm letting go of my own looks and I'm trying more things. My current mayor has white hair in a bun, that's not like my half long straight dark brown hair in real life haha. I hope they will have more hairstyles in Switch because if they have, I may and try to make her look like me.

My main character in any and all games that allow you to character your own character (more or less excluding stuff like sims and Skyrim) is basically just me. Maybe I?m unoriginal but it?s just the way I feel comfortable playing.

my switch town is gonna be sister cities with my new leaf town. the mayors are clones of each other and neither of them know it. they just think they happen to have the same first name and general appearance. fools.

Back