• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Which Nintendo console had the best games?

What console had the best games?

• Total voters

Alolan_Apples

“Assorted” Collector
Bells
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Island
Palm City
Green Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Snowflake Glow Wand
Yule Log
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Tetris Grid
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
The title explains it all. From the six Nintendo consoles (NES, SNES, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Wii, and Wii U), which one had the best video games made for them? This does not include re-releases for later systems, and it's not a best console discussion. It's based on the games made for the consoles.

In my opinion, I thnk Nintendo 64 was the best Nintendo Console when it comes to video games released. Even if I liked Super Mario Sunshine and Donkey Kong Jungle Beat for the GameCube, Nintendo 64 by average had the best games. It had Donkey Kong 64, Super Mario 64, Pokemon Stadium 1, Pokemon Snap, Hey You Pikachu, and more I could name of. Compare these to the games released for future consoles, they are light years ahead (I'm not saying that the newer games are dumb, I'm just saying that the N64 games are that good). I haven't played much of the Wii U games, I'm not a fan of motion control games, and the GameCube isn't as superior. Not to mention, but there are better multiplayer games for the N64 than the other consoles (especially non-Nintendo consoles like the Playstation 3). All I see for the future consoles were just 2-player games, Mario Party, and Mario Kart. I like to see more than just these.

I could say that Nintendo 64 had better controllers because they can come in multiple colors, but that's more for the console and not the console games.

N64 and SNES had a lot of gems compared to Gamecube and the Wiis, although I think the 3DS is going to join the N64 and SNES as one of Nintendo's best.

The SNES hands down. It even had 3rd party support (!). :eek: lol

But seriously, Nintendo were in their prime during the SNES-era/early 90's with games like Super Mario World, A Link to the Past and Super Metroid. No other Nintendo console can possibly match the insane amount of top games that where released on the SNES.

Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) is quite possibly the greatest and most well-rounded gaming library for a Nintendo console. Not only there's no shortage of notable games you could choose from, but the variety is astounding for a 16-bit system! It gets even more interesting that you could easily play Super Famicom (Japanese SNES) games, with some of them not even requiring a translation patch at all to fully enjoy.

Among the Nintendo legacy systems, SNES is easily one of the most accessible platform in terms of availability and ease-of-use. If you couldn't somehow find a working SNES hardware and hook it up to get a decent enough display, there are also clone consoles you could get ahold of, such as Super Retro Duo/Trio and RetroN 5. SNES and Super Famicom cartridges aren't as common as the NES and Famicom games are, but they shouldn't take you too long to find them, and some of them can be even obtained cheaper than 7 bucks. There's also Virtual Console on both Wii and Wii U if you simply want to experience most of the best classics without the hassle of having an extra console taking up your precious gaming space. The SNES controller layout is still simple enough for pretty much anyone to pick up and play without being overly overwhelmed by the more complex controls that plagued since the PS1 and N64 era. And it's comfortable to hold for a prolonged period of gaming session too, especially since it's quite light to hold.

SNES. It had good games and it had a lot of them, especially since it was one of the consoles that had decent third party support (along with the NES and the Wii).

I like the N64, GC and Wii U but their libraries are small and there's quite a few 'stinkers' in those already small libraries.

N64 and SNES had a lot of gems compared to Gamecube and the Wiis, although I think the 3DS is going to join the N64 and SNES as one of Nintendo's best.

I kinda agree that the 3DS would join the elite group. While Nintendo 64 is the best for the consoles when it comes for the games made for the consoles, the 3DS is the same, but only for the handhelds.

I kinda find it odd that the console games went downhill since the end of Nintendo 64, but the handheld games never stop improving.

Gamecube, It had Wind Waker, Super Smash Bros Melee, Super Mario Sunshine, Mario Kart Double Dash, The console Pokemon Games, Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door, Kirby Air Ride, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, Four Swords Adventures, and OoT Master Quest, just to name a few.

I've only had the wii u and the wii. I voted the wii u because it has splatoon, super smash bros and MK8

I would say N64... I still remember playing Hey you Pikachu, Pokemon snap, stadium.. Orcrina of time/majoras mask.. Tony hawk... I could go on and on and on. I should bring it bacck out to play pikachu again. ;-; I msis it a lot. They should make a new onee!

The SNES has one of my favorite game libraries ever. Like others have said, there's a surprising amount of variety, but it excels in platformers and RPGs especially. I can't think of a console that even comes close.

Definitely the SNES. That thing was my childhood and it had all the best games. I remember playing Super Mario and Donkey Kong and I really enjoyed it along with my sister.

SNES no contest. Kirby Superstar, Super Metroid, and Yoshi's Island plus the Donkey Kong Country trilogy and a ton of other gems.

GameCube Master Race, despite growing up with a PS2.

There's Pikmin, SSBM, Luigi's Mansion, PM:TTYD, F-Zero GX, Star Fox Assault, and many other games I decided not to name.

If you were an active gamer and witnessed all consoles from the NEs, you can only come to the logical conclusion that the SNES had the best library of games.

That said, I feel the gamecube has an underestimated library of games.

I never played anything before the GameCube, so I voted for the Wii since I really enjoyed a lot of Wii games. I was considering GameCube but yea

I've only owned the Wii. Played on the GameCube a few times. Lots of great titles. voted GameCube. I've never seen any other console irl. I doubt I can tell the difference between an SNES and an N64. Sorry.

Maybe if I was an active gamer during my pre-zygote stage that never existed from the time of the NES, yes, I probably would have a different opinion. :x

I've never seen any other console irl. I doubt I can tell the difference between an SNES and an N64. Sorry.

I don't know if you mean the console itself or the games, so:

Europe
11.jpg

US
111.jpg

Donkey Kong Country
1111.jpg

11111.jpg

Banjo-Kazooie
111111.jpg

Last edited:
It's between N64 and Gamecube for me, neither had a huge library but they just had a lot of games I loved.

Back