Where do you mostly shop for clothing.

• I mostly shop online.

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • I mostly shop in person.

Votes: 29 36.7%
  • 50% / 50%, it depends.

Votes: 27 34.2%

• Total voters
Some specific stuff like franchises or sanrio stuff I buy online! Normal stuff like solid colors and everyday wear I'll purchase in person when my family goes to the store. I love clothes shopping! Its always a good surprise when I find franchise stuff IN STORE. I love looking at the clothes and seeing them in store rather than online. Also I hate waiting for shipping 😭

I only buy clothing online nowadays for several reasons. I really hate going out in big crowds to look for clothing. The only decent stores around here are at least an hour, maybe two hour drive away -- then you have to spend the time walking through each store, wade through the crowds of people, try things on (if you need to), then drive the same distance home. It's exhausting. And I don't enjoy feeling judged based on the clothing that I'm looking at in stores.

Plus, there are no good clothing stores in my town. At all. I can find much nicer clothing items at different stores online. No driving, no crowds.

i honestly haven’t really gone clothes shopping since the pandemic started lmao. i’ve gained a bit of weight since then, so i want to get that taken care of before adding new stuff to my wardrobe. however, i’ve always preferred shopping in-person, so that’s what i tend to stick with. you can try clothes on, feel their material and elasticity, etc. plus, i just generally find in-person shopping more enjoyable.

the store i get most of my clothing from is ardene’s. i believe it’s only in canada, but it offers good-quality clothing for affordable prices and is just my style. i always struggle with finding clothes i like at other stores, but never ardene’s. i also enjoy clothes shopping at walmart and hot topic.

if i have to buy clothes online for whatever reason, i stick with shirts, pants and socks only. i’ll never buy stuff like shoes or hats online as i often have trouble finding ones that actually fit me and are comfortable, so i prefer to try them on and judge whether they’d be a good fit or not in-person.

I also like PSYdye (tiedye online store) if I want fun and quirky tiedye things. Good customer service and besides clothes they got tapestries, pouches and other fun things!

I guess it's a bit of both, but to be honest I use clothes until it can't be used anymore. I use my socks until they've become too stretched, dirty, and or have holes in them. Then they become rags for various chores. Mostly for oil changes.

Same goes for all of my pants and shirts. Once they've ran their course for work and or everyday public use, I use them around the house or my various sidejobs as work clothes. I don't care if they look stretched, dirtied, or have some tiny holes/frays here or there. They're only going to get dirty when doing my dirty jobs. When those have run their course, I cut them up for dirty job rags. I don't waste. I grew up where we had to use everything and make it count. Some people don't understand that, but you really won't until you've been in a position like that.

But I've done a bit of online clothes shopping if what I am looking for is not going to be anywhere else. Usually I like to go in person to see the product. Sometimes it's not going to be a perfect or even adequate fit. Other times in person you can tell if the quality is worth spending on it. I'm not picky with clothes either. I've taken a lot of clothes off of people who've offered/gave them. Sometimes they've needed a good wash before using because of the state they came in, but I'll never deny some dirty-job work clothes.

Heck sometimes I patch my jeans up or Frankenstein a few pairs together to make one usable pair.

I buy certain things online, like socks, things of that nature that I wouldn't want used.

But other things I generally go to used clothing places because it's not expensive and you can a lot of times find some really nice stuff

Occasionally I'll buy a shirt or something online that I really like and want, but I tend to avoid it because sizing is so inconsistent and hard to predict depending on where you order from.

I do a mix of both. 😊 I like wearing soft pinks, navy, soft blues, grey and black, but often the Autumn colours are yellows, deep oranges and greens. Because styles and colours changes seasonally, I usually browse stores online first. For things I've bought before, it's definitely convenient to re-order the same thing online!

I buy basic closet staples and shoes from real shops, and I buy my more interesting, statement clothing from online shops! A lot of my closet is from TK Maxx, H&M, and Zara. Online I'm all over the place, I've bought stuff from Minga London, Racer Worldwide, and JD Sport before lol. I have a thing for cool knitwear. I guess I would describe my style as slightly edgy minimalist streetwear? My colour palette is black, white, grey, brown, dark red, and dark green.

I'd like to get into thrifting but I never find anything I want + secondhand clothes smells gross me out...I try to be sustainable by only shopping infrequently and wearing the clothes I own already a lot. It helps that I don't like spending money.

I prefer shopping in person for a lot of things as i can actually try things on and see what the material is like etc, but i am also really trying to buy things off depop instead of buying items directly from brands so in that regard i do a lot of online shopping

I always have went in store when shopping for clothes because I don't have a card or anything to buy online yet.
I dislike how I can only be out for 1 or 2 hours before I get overwhelmed, but it's useful to try the clothing I like before buying since clothes look like they fit but end up being too big or small.

I don't like buying clothes unless I try it on in person, so I don't normally online shop. But very rarely I'll buy off sellers on instagram... simple stuff from a uniqlo reseller or something. I don't buy a lot of clothes in general, so if I buy something it's probably a piece I saw at the mall and bought it because I needed it for work. I usually make my big shopping haul once every couple years when I go back home to Korea. But for shoes I tend to be kind of picky with brands/models because I know what style goes with all my outfits and lasts the longest (basically docs or timbs lol).

I buy most of my clothes in-person. It makes it easier to get an understanding of the material and size, and it also makes it easier to return if necessary. I do have to buy some clothes online if I have no way to get it in-person, though (pretty much just Bolts-related clothing).

I mostly shop in person because I prefer to try on clothes and see how they look on me.

i buy online if i know my size and fit for the brand/type of clothes im trying to buy. i dont want to deal with returns so i only try to buy things im sure will fit me right. otherwise i try to find it in store before purchasing!

I mostly shop in person. While the convenience of shopping from home is great, the reality is that shopping in person with clothes is very important due to how your opinion can change entirely when you try them on, or they could be the wrong size. (especially for us women - clothing sizes are all over the place!)

My current favorite places for clothes are Maurice's, Dillards (when I have money to spare lol), and Kohl's. Plenty of other great stores in our local mall, too. I will say that I have ordered clothes from Shein and ModCloth (both online stores) and had great success. In fact, the dress I get complimented for the most came from Shein. LOL But it's always a gamble with online stores.

since the pandemic ive been shopping exclusively online and I've come to prefer it over in person shopping. its way less stressful because you can do it at your own convivence since you dont have to go anywhere and worry about getting home by a certain time, and you can spread it out over several days if you want to. then once you get the clothes in the mail you can try them on with clothes you already own at home to see if what you ordered goes well with your wardrobe. I use to get overwhelmed with the amount of clothing options online since I felt compelled to look through everything but once I realized I didn't have to do it all in one sitting it became so much better.

Almost entirely in-person.

I've done it online out of necessity because I need tall sizes for somethings (eg pants) but I generally prefer being able to try things on and also feel the fabric. Also I love second-hand stores.

Back