• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What's Bothering You?

Today was supposed to be one of the happiest day of my life :cry: Yet it got ruined by the stupid comment of a stupid kid.

I'm older than most people in this forums. One of the few regrets in my life is that I was never able to go to college, despite how much I wished to. I had it easy, actually: the thing I wanted to study was in my own town local university, so I didn't need to move away; it was even within walk-able distance! Yet circumstances at home were never good. So year after year, I studied minor things and looked for jobs, trying at least to pay my part of the bills and not be a dead weight to my family.

But this year several major things happened in my life, and for the first time after 15 years wishing for it since I finished high school, things were looking good and favorable. This September I tried to enroll... and I got in! :LOL: I was so incredibly happy! Today we had the introduction ceremony. And just when I was leaving the lecture hall, along with all the other students, our syllabus clearly visible in our hands... this one kid waiting in the hallway looked at me and frowned, and said:

"Yo, granny. Are you lost? Shouldn't you be at home knitting jumpers?"

I didn't bother to answer him and just walked away, but I was on the verge of tears. Not for calling me old, which I couldn't care less, but because it made me feel ridiculous for holding onto this one wish for 15 years. It made me feel as if I didn't have the right to keep studying just because my due time was gone :cry: I felt very hurt.

Today was supposed to be one of the happiest day of my life :cry: Yet it got ruined by the stupid comment of a stupid kid.

I'm older than most people in this forums. One of the few regrets in my life is that I was never able to go to college, despite how much I wished to. I had it easy, actually: the thing I wanted to study was in my own town local university, so I didn't need to move away; it was even within walk-able distance! Yet circumstances at home were never good. So year after year, I studied minor things and looked for jobs, trying at least to pay my part of the bills and not be a dead weight to my family.

But this year several major things happened in my life, and for the first time after 15 years wishing for it since I finished high school, things were looking good and favorable. This September I tried to enroll... and I got in! :LOL: I was so incredibly happy! Today we had the introduction ceremony. And just when I was leaving the lecture hall, along with all the other students, our syllabus clearly visible in our hands... this one kid waiting in the hallway looked at me and frowned, and said:

I didn't bother to answer him and just walked away, but I was on the verge of tears. Not for calling me old, which I couldn't care less, but because it made me feel ridiculous for holding onto this one wish for 15 years. It made me feel as if I didn't have the right to keep studying just because my due time was gone :cry: I felt very hurt.

Kids can be real *******s sometimes. I'm really sorry you had to deal with that insensitive comment. Congratulations on getting enrolled! You have the same right as every other person to pursue your goals. Hoping things look a little brighter with days to come!

I'm just generally tired of existing lately
everything has been so hard and it doesn't feel like things are getting any better

I'm just so sad all the time and I find it hard to relax because I start worrying about everything, so I don't do things I enjoy anymore
I don't know what to do and I wish I didn't have to deal with anything

Ugh, I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm probably one of the more older members too, I'll be 34 in 10 days, and I attended college out of high-school, but never finished. It's been 15 years since I graduated high-school, and I even went BACK to college to finish, but still didn't get to, because life. People can be real a******s. I know it's easier said than done, but just ignore them and try not to let it get to you. Or try to come up with a nice retort, like, "Yeah, I should be, someone told me you needed one." I don't know, anything to catch them off guard.

Absolutely DO NOT feel ridiculous for holding onto this dream dream 15 years. I still hold on to my dream of getting my degree, even though now I won't do anything with it, as I'm a stay at home mom and our son has special needs. Everyone's journey is different, all that matters is that we all do our best. Remember that your best can vary from day to day, so go easy on yourself. ❤

for the last 3 days I've been getting super tired around like 12-1pm, honestly wonder if it's narcolepsy (it prob isn't). idk what's causing it but it's really annoying and if it keeps up im gonna have to talk to my doctor or something.

also have a migraine and i took meds for it but it hasn't started working yet :,,,,,)

My mom's would be birthday is coming up in several weeks, and just that and the fact that I haven't accomplished anything since her death is making me really sad and depressed. And no matter how hard I try to do things right, I always end up making mistakes or annoying people. I don't even know how to feel anymore or what I want out of life.

As most of you know, I currently live with my dad. He is letting me stay with him for free to save money and leave the state. Unfortunately, my mom is back at it with the negativity. I hate to say it, but I can’t stand being around her sometimes because she always says things like “it didn’t work out last time” or “why don’t you just stay here?” I’ve been wanting to leave for upwards 7 or 8 years, and I’ve been trying to pursue it since graduation. I don’t think that many years is “just a phase.” I blame my own negativity for the reason it didn’t work out the past two times I tried. The negativity from my mom and my uncles were killing my mindset. I actually blocked out my uncles and I haven’t seen them in over 4 years. However, it’s really hard to do that with my mom and somehow it makes me feel wrong to cut contact with her temporarily? It would just be until I get approved for an apartment and moved in. I can’t listen to “when are you coming back” or “you’ll be back where you belong” much longer. I feel this is the right time for the leap of faith. I have a whole month booked in an AirBNB to look for a job and a place, and savings in case I need more time, and for the rent down on a place. I finally have the confidence I need and I don’t want the negativity to bring me down, but I think cutting contact for the beginning of this journey is absolutely necessary.

The negativity got so far into my mindset that I couldn’t even find the motivation to call apartments to attempt to find a place…

Brat. I've been looking in the wrong places for more specialized education options.

i’m so sorry — people can be absolutely awful at times. i can only imagine just how hurtful hearing that must’ve been, especially on a day where you’re supposed to be happy, but please don’t let that twit discourage you. i know we haven’t really interacted much, but i am so very happy that you’re finally able to attend university and am so proud of you for doing so. and despite what that kid said, you are absolutely not too old to be there. you’re never too old to chase your dreams and learn new things.

i’m so sorry that your first day didn’t go as planned, but you are an incredibly strong and kind woman, and i know that you’re gonna do amazing. hang in there. 💞

I feel better now after sleeping and being a new day, the day lessons actually start. While my happiness was shot down yesterday, I have four entire years to look forward, and I'm definitely going to! I think that the reason such an idiot remark (that I wouldn't have listened to any other day) hit me so hard was only due to how important yesterday was for me... but yesterday is only one day, and as I have said, I have many more to make up for it :)

Thank you everyone for showing me your support (@DarkDesertFox, @Foreverfox, @Croconaw, @StarlitGlitch, @Reginald Fairfield and @xara), I assure you it means a lot to me even if I don't know you personally. It also makes me feel a bit silly myself, crying over a dumb remark, when other people here have actual serious issues and need support.

For anyone who might read this, keep believing in yourself! :) Don't let others drag you down, you're stronger than the circumstances! If you feel hurt, that's because you have something important enough in your life worthy of hurt over. That was the lesson I learned yesterday.

yesterday I ran w my dog across the neighborhood (a few blocks away) to pick up a baby pool someone was throwing out before anyone else snatched it up, but I regret not stretching first cause now my shins hurt sooooo much lol. I guess ya live and ya learn 🤷

Neopets is down lol, I knew it was but, bruh lmao I wanna play..or rather chat and do dailies cause that's what up these days.

Also eh day at work, I really don't want to go into town more days than we have now, we have enough work where we mainly work so :c

A little bit bummed out because I wanted to play epic mickey: shadow of illusion demo on my 3ds after last playing it when I was 8, but I can't find it, so I guess it got taken out. Bummer.

Found out a music blog I was following is gonna end it. I can understand that and especially later times, but, sad, was a huge deal when I was much more in eg. Portuguese and other European music, so shame.

i did my hair for school and my forehead is exposed but i feel like my forehead is so big and i feel like everyone is staring at it ;__;

My (cheap, possibly China-brand) bluetooth dongle was broken, so now I have to wait for about a week before my new one that I ordered arrives. Until then, I can't turn up the volume (of the TV shows I watch on my PC) too loud at night since I won't be using my headphones.

I've had a burning sensation in my stomach for the last few hours, hopefully eating helps but if this pain doesn't go away by tomorrow I'll have to call the doctor. I really hope it's not an ulcer, my mom said it could be since I've been so stressed out lately :(

I've had a burning sensation in my stomach for the last few hours, hopefully eating helps but if this pain doesn't go away by tomorrow I'll have to call the doctor. I really hope it's not an ulcer, my mom said it could be since I've been so stressed out lately :(
Hope you feel better tomorrow. You know, with these things, usually a medication or two makes the problem go away. I've had uncomfortable stomach cramps for decades, yet I'm still alive and well. lol I'm sure it's nothing big.

Hope you feel better tomorrow. You know, with these things, usually a medication or two makes the problem go away. I've had uncomfortable stomach cramps for decades, yet I'm still alive and well. lol I'm sure it's nothing big.
I took some tums, my mom said if that helps then taking some apple cider vinegar capsules will help too. if not then I'll have to talk to the doctor. I still feel the burning pain, really hope it goes away soon.

Back