What's Bothering You?

I am ****ing shaking with anger right now. I'm at school so I can't really do anything about it, so I'm just stewing in my anger when all I wanna do is walk outta class and do something to calm down... Which I can't do.

It's a pretty small bother, but... Eh. I haven't been this pissed off (at school) in a while.

Got this when with Blossom today. Managed to keep her from harm's way. She is completely fine, thank goodness. 🙏 I got the brunt of it. I'm fine too, just a bit tender and was quite scary to have a dog attached to you and no way of it releasing its grip. I have never experienced that before with any dog. Blossom got more treats than usual as I was just so grateful she was unharmed and safe. Really, just a warning to myself to be extra cautious of all other dogs, no matter how friendly they seem!

1000025035.jpg

1000025039.jpg

day 2 of being miserable lol

yesterday afternoon I overheard a phone conversation my parents were having, and my mom mentioned my dad bringing a dog home. that alone was enough to make me break down in tears. I just gave up a cat to the local rescue because I'm trying to reduce the number of animals in this house, and therefore the amount of stress I'm constantly under. my parents clearly don't understand just how stressed I am, and have been for a while now. but instead of hearing her own child sobbing with a face full of tears, my mom came into my room to continually justify why we should keep this dog, making empty promises (being that I brought up the fact that I would be the one doing most of the work because she's disabled and my dad works full time, and she said that I wouldn't) and saying "you have your baby" (referring to my dog). she seemingly has no regards or empathy for me. I know that she cares but she's not even attempting to give me the care and respect and understanding that I actually deserve. I really don't give a **** what my parents want to do with their lives, but as long as I'm living with them, I have to face the consequences of my own actions AND THEIRS!

so I ended up having a breakdown two different times yesterday, and I've had one this morning. this dog that they have is a little over a year old, not fixed, he's prob a mutt but looks like he has rat terrier and italian greyhound in him. he has a lot of energy and loves to run. my mom is disabled, so understandably he's been causing issues for her because he wants to get up and move, he's not content to just lie around. and my dad honestly couldn't care less. so guess what? that means that the dog is largely my responsibility! who the hell would've guessed? I can't stand to see him cooped up in my mom's room and not be able to get the stimulation and exercise that he needs, but I also can't give him that attention myself because I'm already dealing with a lot and I have my own dog to take care of, a 90-lb golden retriever.

not to mention, this new dog is young, he's not fully potty trained, he's not fixed, he's very hyper and energetic. he's a nice dog but holy ****. I am not in a place in my life where I can take care of a dog like this right now, and my parents are foolish for thinking that they are. my parents can be so irresponsible, I feel like I've become their parent and that's ****ing ridiculous.

so now my mom is struggling a lot, and she's already tipped me over the edge today so I've decided to put a boundary in place and say no. she wanted a dog, now she has to deal with it. and of course, because I'm not allowed to say no (even though "can you help me" implies the illusion of free choice), she's gotten angry at me multiple times. did I mention that it's not even noon yet and I've only been awake for a few hours?

I have to leave for work in a little while, I still haven't eaten yet and my room is a mess. I've already had to clean up after this dog multiple times. some of his antics really tick me off (he gets nervous and pees a bit on the floor when I work with him because I have an assertive and commanding voice, my dog is used to it but obviously the new dog isn't. I've become a bit of a germaphobe and having him in this house makes me feel really gross. so I'm already dealing with the stress of deep cleaning and organizing my room, on top of going to work and maintaining my relationships and doing self-care and working toward applying for a work visa, and now I have this little rat dog to deal with. I just can't do it. I really can't.

I feel like I'm constantly having my boundaries disrespected and I can't stand that. I don't feel any genuine love or care from this family. I've outgrown them, they clearly can't give me what I need. so I cried out loud, alone, earlier because my mom has no empathy for me whatsoever. I know that if my friends could be there for me then they would. but it's really ****ty that my friends are more supportive and attentive to my needs than my own family is. I'm seriously gonna reach my breaking point with my parents, if they don't stop taking advantage of my desire to help and care for others then I'm gonna go full-stop. they can deal with themselves, I'm done. I guess if my mom wants to make me out to be a horrible child who no longer cares about his mother then whatever. I can't control what she thinks, I can only control how I respond to it.

part of me wishes they would just kick me out so I can actually find a place to stay where I would feel loved and respected.

if you actually read all of that then congrats, you're amazing. I desperately hope that things get better soon. I'll keep trying I guess, I certainly can't afford to stop trying.

Oh my god, that looks awful! I don't know if the bruising is making it look worse than it is or if it really is that painful, but ouch!

I can't think of the right way to word this, so I hope you understand the sentiment even if the phrasing isn't good: I'm glad you were able to protect your dog and take the blow. I've experience with taking an injury while protecting an animal, and while it really sucks it is important to remember that we have a much better chance at recovering from these injuries than our precious animal friends do.

I hope it heals up quickly and that Blossom knows how lucky she was to have you with her. 🖤

Thank you, Chris! My main concern was Blossom, as she's not a biter and she's very laid back, so I was worried how she was going to react! It was a little swollen but that's went down and it's only tender when I touch it. Blossom can lick it better for me! :ROFLMAO:
Thank you for your kind words. Just so relieved that Blossom was ok. Sending a cuddle and kiss to Aurora! :love:

How much research have you done into employment programmes (particularly those aimed at disabled people) in your local area? A lot of people are unaware that there are programmes that exist to help get people into suitable work but they are out there.

I actually had to get help to find any myself because just the process of researching was overwhelming and made me feel a bit defective. 😅

A child is pretending to be a train outside my window. He is so high pitched. The hooting has been ongoing for 10+ minutes. I might actually need to request ear defenders from my employer at this point because drowning them out with music doesn't solve the problem / isn't always enough to block out the sound of screaming children. 🥲

I know they exist in my area, but due to my town being so small there is only one. And it's also used for ex criminals. I was in it before, I did have a 'job' for a week at some thrift store and it allowed me to keep my benefits. But my disabilities (and the toxic work environment) had forced me to be pulled out. I kept my benefits for awhile after that, but I've never been able to get disability. And I've tried ever 2-3 years, but every time I re-apply I'm denied.

I know, I feel the exact same. I can do most of the research myself, but I'm a bit slow and I always end up missing/forgetting important details or I end up saying the wrong thing because I misunderstand what's being asked. And every time I try to explain this, people say I am 'not that dumb' because I can obviously do certain things so it is 'not that hard'. It's caused me to just stop trying multiple times, especially since I have had to ask my brother for help in the exact same ways multiple times and he gets angry/upset with me about it.

Oof. Yeah, I'd never be able to deal with that kind of stuff for too long. Hope you can get those earplugs, or even some noise cancelling headphones.

Oh gosh, that looks awful! My poor friend. :C I can’t imagine how scary that situation must’ve been for you and sweet Blossom. I’m so grateful that you aren’t more seriously injured and that Blossom is unharmed. Neither of you deserve to ever have any harm come to either of you.

I hope your arm heals quickly and that you aren’t in a large amount of pain or discomfort. I also hope you’re feeling as okay as you can emotionally and mentally, as this was a really scary situation. But you’ll be okay, and your girl will be okay, too. I’m so grateful that she has you to love and protect her. ♥️

Thank you so much, Xara for your beautiful words. 🥹 I've always tried to plan what I would do in a situation like that, but it happened so quickly but it completely unexpectedly. It felt as if it was the longest time ever, but probably only 20-25 seconds. It looked a contented calm dog until it started snarling, teeth showing then it thought 'They look tasty!' I certainly will be even more cautious of any dogs whether they look content or not! It annoys me that Bully XL dogs and other certain breeds get a bad name. My theory is it's not the dog, it's the owner! I've had plenty of licks, that's the best medicine! 🤣

Edit: Typo!

Last edited:
Trying to think about what you would do in scary situations like this is wise, but there’s really no way for you to truly prepare or know what you would do until you’re actually in said situation unfortunately. It’s scary how quickly situations like this can happen, but you did the best you can, and handled it the best you can. You acted quickly and were as prepared as you could be. Blossom’s safe, and you’re safe, and that’s all that matters!

It’s definitely wise to be cautious of dogs you don’t know. Sometimes it’s easy to read their body language and know whether to stay away or to keep an eye on them, but sometimes you just don’t know until something’s happened. It’s not your fault, and it’s not the dog’s fault either! I’m a big believer that there’s no such thing as a bad dog, only bad owners as well.

I’m glad Blossom has been giving you plenty of kisses! You definitely deserve them for being such a good mom and keeping your baby safe. 🫂 Make sure to keep the area clean though, and take care of you and your girl! Sending love 💜

Some health issues of mine are making me miserable again. I just cannot relax. I've also been told I have to go visit family on Sunday and I kinda doubt I will be feeling any better by then. Definitely dreading that. I don't remember enjoying any of my last visits, anyway.

So i finished one part of my assessment, and it was resubmitted back to me, saying that I used AI????? And if this is really my writing for another question?? 🙃🙃

Umm, I've only been using the pdf workbook, and I thought it was supposed to be detailed?
I swear I remember it saying somewhere that I should answer the questions as if I am telling a person who has no idea about anything I am saying, so why can't I be as describtive?

I still have SO many questions to finish in four days, and im just wondering how these questions will be sent back to me, like I don't understand. I don't, I don't get it. I feel so stuck right now.
I wanna continue with the questions I am on, because screw it, but I feel so stuck.

Oh, and I said i'll so two hours of work tomorrow, because they need help, and I said fine. 🙃 I wasn't even scheduled to come in

I just found out my mom went to starbucks. I’ve told her so many times about them and other places like Mcdonald’s who are on the BDS list, and other companies like Disney/Marvel/Squishmallows. I know it’s her money, but she feels the same way about the genocide. I can’t help but feel like she has no right to talk about being bothered by the genocide when she isn’t trying to avoid the companies that she can.

I'll wrap this in a spoiler. Involves tragedy. (probably won't speak of it anymore, but something on my mind).

Our local cemetery owners are notorious for taking stuff from graves. One grave they've left alone is a girl who was killed at our school. I was a senior and we were graduating in 3 months. They were also holding prom for all students. On her grave are some childhood toys and what I presume was going to be her prom outfit. It's full of decorations.

I'm glad they have the decency not to bother her stuff. I told my mom this, but they would have to stoop low to touch anything on that grave.

I didn't know her personally. (maybe I passed her in the lunchroom). But she's not buried far from my dad, so I pay respects during visits. She was only a year younger than me and would have graduated by now.

I was thinking about the families today. It must be so hard to deal with.

waaaa my allergies have been flaring up again!!!!
yesterday i woke up to my left eye being swollen (not so much but enough where i could see the puffiness in my peripheral... if that makes sense??) and the area just around it has been pinkish for a week now ;n; another thing that's been bugging me is specifically my right ring finger, the area right below where my nailbed ends. i'm not sure what it is, i don't think it's water blisters because it's just textured?? idk!!

today i went to my bestie, my family physician, and she gave me reactin, eye cream, eye drops, another rash cream for my finger and i'm just realllllly hoping it can calm it down or it goes away because i am sick!! and tired!!! of these weird skin reactions <3
also a little peeved because the doctor won't really elaborate further as to what it is other than allergies but if it gets annnny more severe then i'll ask her about a dermatologist because wowie i would like some answers 👉👈

Back