• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

what went wrong on the plot reset trick?!?!

animalalicecrossing

Bells
Pear (Fruit)
Orange (Fruit)
Yoshi Easter Egg
Cake
ok got muffy on 19th (like she said ill move here), tted to 19th 5:58 supposed to be 20th first mistake but why would it matter really. made a new character went to the plot horrible place went home and closed. but then when I went to make a new character again on the screen where its just following a villager muffy had moved in?!? like only 10 mins had pasted wasnt a new day?!?!? I am so confused help? you are all going to think it went wrong but something has gone so wrong glitch?????

ok got muffy on 19th (like she said ill move here), tted to 19th 5:58 supposed to be 20th first mistake but why would it matter really.
I'm not entirely sure, but I think this is exactly what matters. By TTing back to 5:58 on what you thought was the same day, you actually time traveled a complete day because you went past the 6am mark. So at this time her fence had already been set up somewhere. Then, at 6am, the new day starts and she put down her house.

For this to make sense, though, I have to ask: when you went to check for her plot, had the new day already started or was it still before 6am?

Also, assuming you haven't loaded up your game with an existing character yet, I think this may still be fixable? I'm not exactly sure if and how, though. Hopefully more people can shed some light on this.

The game days run between 6 AM and 6 PM, as you probably already know. It sounds like you TTed back the first time, since presumably you got Muffy to move in on the 19th after 6 AM. When you go back in time like that, the day counts it as one day forward (for example, if you TT back two days or two hundred, the game counts it as one day forward). This means Muffy ended up plotting on the previous day, and so when the game advanced a day, her house was already set up.

Maybe I'm just misunderstanding what you said... when you saw her plot in-game, what hour/day was it?

I don't plot reset but the last time a villager moved in I wanted to make sure she wouldn't move in on top of my orchard, so the way I did was just TTing one day ahead (the day she'd be plotting) using the 3DS clock and starting with a new villager. I didn't bother going to 5-something AM since I don't see why that step is necessary and it sounds like it'd just make it more likely to mess things up. Then when I saw her plot in a good spot, I saved, re-adjusted the 3DS clock, deleted the new character and loaded the game as my mayor.

I'm not entirely sure, but I think this is exactly what matters. By TTing back to 5:58 on what you thought was the same day, you actually time traveled a complete day because you went past the 6am mark. So at this time her fence had already been set up somewhere. Then, at 6am, the new day starts and she put down her house.

For this to make sense, though, I have to ask: when you went to check for her plot, had the new day already started or was it still before 6am?

Also, assuming you haven't loaded up your game with an existing character yet, I think this may still be fixable? I'm not exactly sure if and how, though. Hopefully more people can shed some light on this.

I never saw her plot before 6am as I just changed the time and went straight back off but it was about 6:10 when I created a new character and her house wasn't there just the ropes? idk if it glitched and never officially started the day, I was very confused I just gunna have to live with it haha :) but thank you for you help!:D

- - - Post Merge - - -

The game days run between 6 AM and 6 PM, as you probably already know. It sounds like you TTed back the first time, since presumably you got Muffy to move in on the 19th after 6 AM. When you go back in time like that, the day counts it as one day forward (for example, if you TT back two days or two hundred, the game counts it as one day forward). This means Muffy ended up plotting on the previous day, and so when the game advanced a day, her house was already set up.

Maybe I'm just misunderstanding what you said... when you saw her plot in-game, what hour/day was it?

I don't plot reset but the last time a villager moved in I wanted to make sure she wouldn't move in on top of my orchard, so the way I did was just TTing one day ahead (the day she'd be plotting) using the 3DS clock and starting with a new villager. I didn't bother going to 5-something AM since I don't see why that step is necessary and it sounds like it'd just make it more likely to mess things up. Then when I saw her plot in a good spot, I saved, re-adjusted the 3DS clock, deleted the new character and loaded the game as my mayor.

do you mean the plot as her house or just the roped off bits, but they were both after 6am, made a new character after the plot was sectioned off then never saved went to make a new one again saw her house there like 6:15ish, I then turned my ds off went on my thrid character and tt'ed the day before and also changed the date on my ds, no house just a plot, I was so confused I just tt'ed her to be there because I couldn't be bothered to sort the mess I created out hahah, my brain went weird when I changed the day to the 19th lol but thank you for the help though!!:D ill try it your way next time sounds more simple :p

"made a new character went to the plot horrible place went home and closed. "
What is "went home?" Did you go to get a home from Tom Nook? If you have gotten the tent from Tom Nook... the next step should be talk to Isabelle and the game automatically saves for you.
edit: I think the game might of saved for you.
Here's a video tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzpYUJdmJjg
^make sure you watch it over and memorize the correct steps for next time

Last edited:
^ I think by "went home" they meant they pressed the home button. That's what I assumed they meant, anyway.

"made a new character went to the plot horrible place went home and closed. "
What is "went home?" Did you go to get a home from Tom Nook? If you have gotten the tent from Tom Nook... the next step should be talk to Isabelle and the game automatically saves for you.
edit: I think the game might of saved for you.
Here's a video tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzpYUJdmJjg
^make sure you watch it over and memorize the correct steps for next time

no went home like pressed the home button and closed the system to make it not save, but thanks for the link!:D

Back