Purple Hybrid Rose
Purple Hybrid Rose
Purple Hybrid Rose
Spring Sakura
Spring Sakura
Spring Sakura
Spring Sakura
Spring Sakura
I've been ruminating on whether or not this is a good topic for a thread, but I thought it was good enough, so.

What sorts of things brighten your day? Take a few moments to think about it before replying. For me it's

- Whenever someone talks to me.
- Whenever compliments me.
- Whenever someone shows an act of kindness towards me.
- Whenever someone gives me a surprise gift.
- Whenever someone shares food with me (this is always instant friendship for me, lmao).
- Whenever it's nice and sunny outside.
- Whenever one of my favorite sports teams wins a game.
- Whenever I develop a new skill at work.
- Whenever I learn a new technique at martial arts.
- Whenever I get a new video game.
- Whenever I get something I've been waiting for for awhile.
- Whenever I see other people being happy.

Those are just a few of mine. Now what about yours? :3

When music I like are playing unexpectedly either just on the radio or in a store or stuff, or I find someone who shares my music taste, hobbies etc. and we can gush together about it.

Watching hockey.
Hot weather.
When I see random acts of kindness, whether it be to me or someone else.
When someone compliments me.
When I see or hug my favorite person.
Seeing random dogs on the street.
Any moment that I’m traveling on a bus or a train.

Its rare because knowing me I barely get anything that makes me happy but if it does these are what trigger it:

1. I get more money
2. If I watch something really funny than it makes me smile
3. If I finally see a game that I like thats on discount then I usually buy it.
4. I see my favorite snack Hot Cheetos (I have to becareful how I eat them) on stock.

Thats pretty much it. I know it seem strange to some people but thats just me if I'm being honest.

hm. hard to say since my depression switched off my emotions, but:

♡ when my cat comes and sits on me, or when it's time for bed and she gets under the covers and makes me spoon her;
♡ when my other cat stops by for 'duvet cuddles'. they're not as frequent anymore, so it's nice;
♡ when i get a commission back;
♡ similarly, when something i've ordered arrives;
♡ when someone comments on my fic(s). hasn't happened often sadly since people seem allergic to doing it these days;
♡ alternatively, when my girlfriend reads said fics and live messages her reactions to it. makes all the hours spent writing worth it lol;
♡ when people praise me. i don't get any positive reinforcement or support at home lol, so when my therapist told me she was proud of me in an email i just started crying lmaooo.

• money. absolutely money.
  • package in the mail
  • cats being cute
  • boyfriend giving me attention and love
  • bath time
  • when something good is for dinner

♡ When my favorite YouTubers (especially Poofesure) upload new videos that I get to watch.
♡ An act of kindness towards me, like a compliment, a gift, or a piece of advice.
♡ My parents cooking my favorite meals.
♡ When I draw something and I really like how it turned out.
♡ Beating my high scores in video games, like Tetris or Wii Sports.
♡ When I go outside/look out the window and I see an animal, like my neighbor's cats, a rabbit, or some birds.
♡ When my favorite songs randomly play on the radio/in my playlists.
♡ Hugging my family, especially when I'm sad.
♡ People telling me that my artwork/fanfiction is really good.

The biggest one for me right now is when the servers at the restaurant I work at tip me for helping out (bussing tables, food running, etc.) because I am normally a host and I just do those things to help out around the place, but when they give me some cash it makes me feel appreciated and noticed for the work I put in :)

three things that never fail to brighten my day:

1. seeing my dog/cats/brother/mom
2. talking to my friends <333
3. this handsome lad:
I Gots The Bomb! I GOTS THE BOMB!!! aq.png

Things that brighten my day:
-When I get to play multiplayer with close friends
-Getting to make concepts for the characters I'm creating
-When I win in Splatoon Ranked battles
-My art gets noticed and likes
-When someone is considerate to others' needs (act of kindness basically)
-This forum here
- I get a 5-star character in a game like Genshin or FGO

- Getting a text or message from a friend.
- taking a brisk walk.
- drinking a cup of coffee that’s just the right amount of bitter.

Here are some things that brighten my day:

- Animals! Watching wild animals go about their lives, seeing a neighbor's dog or the neighborhood cats, cuddling with my own dog. Petting any animal but especially ones that I've never met before gives a huge boost to my mood.
- Taking a walk outside near a wooded area and listening to the birds chirp or the cicadas cry.
- Nice, comfortable sunny weather: warm with just a slight cool breeze.
- A simple act of kindness. It could be a random message, a compliment, a surprise gift or favor, just something nice and unexpected.
- Solving something on my own. When the pieces finally click and I really understand it, I feel great.
- Reading a good book.
- Taking a long, hot shower.
- Getting a new achievement in a game or beating a game.
- When my husband is sweet to me! 🥰

⦁ My comfort characters—it can be new content, old content, or even just something that reminds me of them.
⦁ Good food—I love a lot of vegetable dishes, practically anything with cooked apples, and fresh fruit. I also love finding new teas or having old favorites after a long time.
⦁ Any cool celestial events! I always try to catch them when I can. I'm hardly an astronomer or anything, but the sky is really beautiful.
⦁ When other people get excited about the things they like! Even if it's not something I enjoy myself, the feeling is contagious.
⦁ Whenever something I ordered arrives! I always like to have at least a couple things on pre-order since it gives me something to look forward to.
⦁ When my cats are extra affectionate with me. <3
⦁ Getting to see an animal! I always love getting to see neighborhood cats and dogs, and getting to see something less common (deer, raccoon, opossum) is always really cool too.
⦁ Receiving praise or compliments! It makes me super giggly ahahaha. Getting gifts is also really nice, or any other nice gesture like that.
⦁ Likewise, when something I do makes someone else happy!
⦁ Getting lost in a good story—it can be an anime, a game, book, whatever. When I can get totally caught up in fiction for a while my mood just seems so much better.
⦁ Similarly, whenever I have time to chill out and engage in my other hobbies.
⦁ TBT event announcements! I love participating in them, so news about upcoming ones are really exciting.
⦁ Winning or accomplishing something! Raffles, contests, even just finally attaining a hard-won video game achievement—it's such a fun rush.

When I get something right the first time. It feels amazing. I like to do a lot of DIY things, and most of the times I’m just winging it and watching YouTube tutorials. Sometimes they come out awful. Somethings they come out ok, and requires more fixing. When it comes out great the first time, that is the best feeling ever.

💖 Getting a gift
💖 When a commission or art trade I am waiting comes in
💖 Eating a good meal (or fast food)
💖 When something I order comes in
💖 Have meaningful moments with my online friends

• My significant other. 🥰
  • Hitting it off with people at a networking event (even if it's just one person).
  • Verbal appreciation.
  • Improving the work lives of the users of my company's product. 💪
  • Helping my teammates grow as people.
  • A bright, sunny day. ☀️
  • Learning a new life or professional skill.
  • Buying something I've been saving up for a while. Bonus good vibes if I get it on sale~
  • Getting money back from tax returns, lol.
  • Starting a new video game.
  • Finishing a good book. 📚
  • Yummy food. 🥘
  • Pets, animals, and nature in general. 🌳
  • When another person experiences joy.
  • My parents complimenting me.
  • Discovering new artists, musicians, authors, or other creators. 🎨 Bonus good vibes if an art commission comes in~
  • When a complex concept finally clicks in my mind. 💡

-when i see a new thread on here that interests me
-getting starbucks (matcha creme frapp my new fav <3)
-watching old tech related videos on recommended to me (like about the wii)
-waking up somewhat early on the weekends
-taking a shower
-my dog jake, my precious baby boy

• Waking up with my cats next to me purring, or one of them waking me up by purring and licking my nose or hand, lol. That's the best way to start the day
  • Reading the posts in the What Made You Happy Today thread here, always makes me happy to read about what made other people happy
  • When I get a new game or new songs
  • Playing ukulele
  • Drinking a coffee
  • Having some extra time during the day to read or play games, or watch shows/movies/youtube
  • Doing something for someone else, like getting them a gift
  • Getting a random text or message from a friend or from my family
  • When someone does something kind for me (holds the door open, etc) or even if someone just says hi to me
  • When one of my cats brings her mouse toy over to me to throw for her to play fetch
  • Listening to music

• Coffee
  • Sunshine
  • Rain
  • Flowers
  • Lakes, Rivers, Oceans, Streams
  • Animals
  • Culture
  • Walking
  • Artistic Views
  • My doggy
  • Gardening