• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

What should i do?

Did you agree to a deadline though? Did he tell you how long you needed to hold the items for? If time was going to be a problem you shouldn't have agreed to hold them for him. You sound a bit negative about this whole thing. Also please stop begging for his halo.

I agree with all of this. Also you shouldn't be wearing his items. Don't steal. Contact the person so he can get all his items back and be patient, please.

Ahh, this is exactly the sort of situation that got me to store my things on my little brother's file instead of just asking someone on TBT. It meant not seeing my stuff until I was back in town (which ended up being another three weeks), but at least I knew no one was stealing or trashing my stuff.

Resetting a town can take a while, anywhere from 5-10 days to get everything going again, give or take (most people aren't going to reset, be totally fine with the first plot/villager set they get, and then end up resetting for the exact same reasons months later). You really should not have agreed to hold someone's items if you weren't prepared for this. If you have only been holding the items for two days and the other person has not been responding to your PMs, perhaps they only log on once a day. At least let them see your PMs before causing a scene.

You should message them and let them know you don't want to hold the items anymore. That way, they can find someone else. Even if you don't do that, I kind of doubt they'll feel their things are safe in your town after they see this thread lol. There's no harm done in cataloging items, but don't just take something that isn't yours.

Last edited:
I've held someone's stuff for them before and yes, it does take a while. 2+ hours to drop off and 2+ hours to pick up, with a day in between while they reset. It takes a long time and it was frustrating because it held up some of the plans I had for my town (and I accidentally crushed two of their hybrids and felt reeeeally bad. I forgot they were there) but I promised to help and I kept that promise, even when I was frustrated. I asked to catalog any of their stuff that I wanted to and they were fine with it. Asking is the key.

Also you really don't know what may have happened to that person. It's easy to get annoyed, I get that, but if they've fallen ill, lost power, got in trouble, or something really bad happened, it'll make you kind of feel guilty for being mad. Just try to have patience and make a mental note that you don't want to offer this to someone in the future. I doubt that they've forgotten you have their things, especially since it takes a while to drop everything off. Just try to be patient and work around it. If you have to move their stuff to your beach or something that's fine too, just don't keep it for yourself. Halos can be re-ordered.

I second what Namstar said. I got really annoyed with someone once for being late to a trade when we had planned the time in advance. It turned out they were stuck because of a car accident. I felt terrible after for being so harsh. You have to be patient with people because you have no idea what's going on in their world.

Plus, taking their items is just plain wrong. If you want a halo that badly order one from Agiledog. Based on chocotaco's post they said they might need up to four days so you need to honour that agreement. I know it might suck, but commitments need to be kept.

I'm sorry that I've burdened you with my items, I thought you'd read the whole thread and now I feel bad for making you hold them. If you like, I could come and pick them up tomorrow some time if you like!

...and keep the halo, the able sisters had their own today xD

I'm sorry that I've burdened you with my items, I thought you'd read the whole thread and now I feel bad for making you hold them. If you like, I could come and pick them up tomorrow some time if you like!

You are way too nice. ;)

You're not the one at fault here oooooooo I would totally offer to hold them but I'm moving some villagers in and out of both towns and I don't wanna crush your items D: Kudos to you for being so sweet of a person ^^

Last edited:
Back