• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Beardo Theory

pinkybear

Resident Representative
Bells
So this is something that occurred to me recently because Beardo is my favorite villager and I know there used to be some discussion about what could have inspired his design and stuff. I was wondering if maybe it was a subtle way to be more inclusive on the game makers part and sort of a pun. Meaning what if Beardo is a bear????🏳️‍🌈

A bear in the queer community is an overweight queer guy, and they often have beards or body hair or both. It's slang. I am queer and the idea occurred to me while looking at memes one night.

Also if we could keep this from turning in a big political debate that'd be great.

Back