• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

What if it were a Port/Spin off?

I would actually probably be okay with another spinoff AFTER AC Switch comes out - specifically if we got one based on a niche area like HHD and PC did, and is able to be fully integrated with the main game by sharing its elements. Another HHD-New Leaf situation basically but actually having interaction between the two games beyond sharing items... Basically what some people want from PC-Switch but I would prefer it to be a fully fledged spinoff game in its own right. I think something like that would be better received than our current spinoffs because it would come after the release everyone really wants xD

If this were to happen (which it won't) I wouldn't be too upset. I would like seeing some of New Leaf's stuff in HD. Plus, I hope it has some kind of feature where you could move there. Of course, it won't happen, but it'd be not /too/ disappointing for me.

Nintendo has already stated this is a main series game.
It won?t be another disappointing spin-off.

So, we've been waiting years. How would you guys feel if in the end it was another spin-off or a New Leaf port. This is extremely unlikely to happen, just curious on how you guys would react if it was the case.

Please dear god don't play with my fragile heart like this.

If it's a damn spin-off I'll restart my NL town and start playing that again.

It's not going to, but in the event that we didn't know, it'd be super unlikely given there's now been three spin-off titles since the last main-line game. If Nintendo was lazy enough to do that, then I'd likely end up playing it anyhow to pass the time.

Please dear god don't play with my fragile heart like this.

If it's a damn spin-off I'll restart my NL town and start playing that again.

Don't worry it's not a spin-off they confirmed on multiple platforms that it is a new mainline entry in the series. The only question that remains is if it is going to be a New Leaf Deluxe a la City Folk to Wild World or if it's going to be a complete overhaul like New Leaf was to City Folk.

The only question that remains is if it is going to be a New Leaf Deluxe a la City Folk to Wild World or if it's going to be a complete overhaul like New Leaf was to City Folk.
I would say it's going to be a complete overhaul, since it's the first AC on Switch, Nintendo's maybe
going to make it a big thing and a brand new AC would sell better then some kind of New Leaf Deluxe
(in my opinion).

Back